Slow scrolling while selecting

deser_dweller5

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Hello,
I have searched high and low and can't find anything on my specific problem. I am having problems with slow scrolling while selecting down. If I go to the bottom and select up it works as expected (selects and scrolls quickly) but when I select down it doesn't. It seems to be isolated to my user. I logged in to my local guest account to verify this. selecting while scrolling worked as expected in my guest user account. the 2 user accounts do have different applications in them. I'm at a loss for why I can't select quickly while scrolling down. By the way, simply scrolling works fine in any direction. the problem only presents itself when I try to select and scroll down; then it slows down to a snails pace, only slower. The only thing I can think to do is to do a clean install by re-formating and reinstalling everything. It doesn't seem like there are any settings that can address this and it seems to happen in any application on this user. I would prefer not to migrate to a new user nor do a clean install but I'll do it, only as a last resort. I'll try to boot into safe mode to see if that helps but at this point, I don't think it will. I don't want to have to boot to safe mode every time i want to use my computer. Thanks for listening. This has to stop! This is annoying me to no end. :fou: :( :cry: Any sugestions? Thanks in advance.
Deser_dweller5

deser_dweller5

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009

Yes.

Good idea! I didn't think of that... Although I don't think that is the reason. I'm trying to use a reader (text to speech software) to read web pages and PDFs, it doesn't seem to matter what is open. when I run the reader and any browser it selects slowly down, but only in my main account. If I flip to the guest account it works fine with any browser. I have Google Chrome (primary) and IE. Selecting while scrolling behaves same way for both browsers. I also use adobe reader to read PDF files there and it does the same behavior with only the reader and the PDF open as well. I will retest to make sure. I'll also retest safe mode with networking to see if that's the issue. I doubt that will help. any more ideas would be greatly appreciated. will re-post with my findings when I get the chance.
Thanks,
Sincerely,
Deser_dweller

I don't have a solution for you, but this is something with which I'm very familiar. It's behavior that can be observed in any application and, I think, other operating systems.

I'll help any way I can, but I really think you'll have better luck on a board with a software developer user base.

Maybe it's even driver dependent.