Why no default connection?

OK. After six hours, I finally got the Microsoft 802.11g
card installed and the base station programmed. This was
to upgrade from Microsoft's previous 802.11b card. (The
things they don't tell you! Like, when do you disconnect
the damned cable from the computer to the base station?)

ANEEEEEWAY. Upon booting, the old card found the
existing "home" (and home) network and used it as a
default. With the new card I have to use the "configure
card" function and manually connect it to the network at
every boot.

Is this an "feature," or is there a setting I can
change to make it just boot and connect?

I never shoulda started this.

Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about default connection

    Do you have your SSID broadcast set to enable in your
    bases config?

Routers Connection Microsoft Networking