Sign in with
Your question

How can we do networking witout internet

Last response: in Networking
November 18, 2012 5:03:03 PM

Hello!
i have a question that i want to know,that is:
How can we share data from one computer to many without internet.Actually i want to create a software that will help the students to have log in with the help of software but it should not base on internet.
I want to do networking,without internet.If there is any solution that you can tell me.
November 18, 2012 10:00:33 PM

you do not need internet to do networking.

all you need to is assign IPs to the computer from the same IP range and the same workgroup name.

the easiest way to handle the IPs is via a router's DHCP server
m
l
November 20, 2012 3:47:39 AM

Hello everybody,

There are a few options to build a local area network which doesn't involve buying a router. The most common functionality for a network without a router is to be self-contained and have no point in or out. This is a secure network as it has no connection to the Internet and is good for keeping two or three computers linked up for sharing financial documents or a QuickBooks database. We can connect two computers directly with a cross-over cable and have a LAN without a router. Computer one can access computer 2′s resources, printers and file shares. Computer two can access computer 1′s resources as well, but this setup limits you to having only two computers connected.

Best Regards,
Stephen Jones

downloadxctrl.com
m
l
November 20, 2012 3:59:43 AM

duaa said:
Hello!
i have a question that i want to know,that is:
How can we share data from one computer to many without internet.Actually i want to create a software that will help the students to have log in with the help of software but it should not base on internet.
I want to do networking,without internet.If there is any solution that you can tell me.

There are multiple ways to do it. You can run a back to back cable like mentioned above, however, i believe you will be taking a performance hit due to something called collision detection. Routers are cheap enough nowadays, and allow for more growth, option for your small area network. Plus if you use a router along with its dhcp, you would only need to setup it up versus manually assigning addresses to your network.

Usually most home network routers have a port dedicated to your inline internet. Just ignore that port, and use the others for your local area.

Though if you are hosting software, you may want to manually assign that machine with an IP address
m
l
Related resources
!