hometownfl

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
I'm looking to install a wifi service for my hotel. The hotel has 3 floors and 36 guest rooms. There are cat5 runs to several of the rooms but not all. There are no drop ceilings so I really want to cut into the drywall as little as possible.

Anyone have any ideas? Are there products that will allow me to use the cat5 runs to spread out the wifi, but not take up all the cat5 jacks? How would I go about mounting a device without it sticking out or looking unprofessional?

RealBeast

Titan
Sure, any of them will connect to an Ethernet cable. Your biggest issue will be configuring the radio channels to avoid interference if you use too many inexpensive APs or cheap routers configured as APs. While I know you have 3 floors, 36 rooms, it depends on how long the halls are and the construction materials how far you can reach with your wireless signal.

Consumer grade APs and routers only reliably handle 8 to 10 wireless connections and many guests now have laptops, tablets and phones that they will want to connect -- you total connections could be quite a bit higher than 36, particularly if any employees access the wifi.