Computer wont sleep..

It will go into sleep mode and wake up on its own 2 minutes later.

Sometimes it will stay sleeping for a couple of hours and wake itself up.

I thought maybe the mouse was doing it so I turned off the mouse wake.

What do?
15 answers Last reply
More about computer wont sleep
  1. i think it is a schuled program which is waking it up either in the background or foreground something is running that is waking your computer up
  2. check keyboard and mouse settings even the lan if the are set to wake up the system see this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions
  3. Turned off keyboard and mouse settings.

Turned off scheduled programs.

Still does it.
  4. lan network see if that is set to wake up the system
  5. Where is lan network settings?
  6. control panel see under remote connections under remote app and distant office if something show under conecting url other tha example on in the box
  7. Still no luck in resolving this issue :(
  8. what is the setting for power restart in the bios follow you motherboard user manual to see if this is set correctly
  9. scout_03 said:
    what is the setting for power restart in the bios follow you motherboard user manual to see if this is set correctly

yea boot into the bios and there is an option for something like "power on self/wake lan" or something like that. Make sure it's not checked and be sure to save settings. Tapping f4/f8 at boot should get you there in case you weren't sure..
  10. Nothing in the BIOS about it.
  11. did you put on the auto update check the hour it start and the one you set for auto update for the os or another software
  12. The computer literally will turn back on 30 seconds after going to sleep.

Sometimes it will make it an hour. Sometimes 10 seconds.

I can't figure this out.
  13. give the name and model of your motherboard
  14. ASRock Z68 extreme 3
  15. page 64 of user manual there is a setting for power lost and on page 68 mouse and keyboard setting for wake up the system,you this do not solve the issue contact there support team for this http://www.asrock.com/support/tsd.asp
Ask a new question

Read More

Sleep Mode Mice Computers Windows 7