Darthvaughn

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
So, two days ago I get home from work and I hop on my computer to play some Battlefield 3 and I notice my Internet is not connected. So, I go to reset my router a few times and then just go to bed. Well, the next day after work, same thing. Well then I start trouble shooting. I've tested the cords, the internet connectio, and evening before I blame my Onboard LAN. In my Bios everything is enabled, my motherboard is a ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard, and in device manager it shows no network adapters until I show hidden devices. What else is weird is when I try to update the drivers from Asus, they give me drivers for a Realtek device, yet that's not under my network adapters in device manager, and of course when I run them they do nothing besides telling me they can't find the Realtek LAN. Also, when I open CMD and type ipconfig, it says, Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface, then media disconnected and etc.

I'm pretty convinced, as of late, that the problem is hardware related, but if anyone else has an idea to try and fix it I am more than open to try. Hope you guys can help!

kaushik

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
Before blaming ur motherboard, pl install fresh OS on a different hard disk. Download latest BIOS and Lan driver of the mobo from ASUS website using another PC as ur LAN is not working. Then update the BIOS with the help of ASUS update application (u will get this application from ur mobo CD), then install only LAN driver. This may solve ur problem if LAN is ok. If not, be sure, Lan port/controller is not working and you should immediately contact to ASUS to repair/replace the mobo if the mobo is in under warranty else, send it to any repair center to repair the mobo.