Moto analog NG?

Last response: in Brands
Share
December 12, 2004 8:32:10 PM

Since I didn't get a bite on my request for the bag phone cable I guess this is
just a digital NG. Is there a NG that talks about the analog phones?

More about : moto analog

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 2:26:10 AM

"Greg" <gfretwell@aol.com> wrote in message
> Since I didn't get a bite on my request for the bag phone cable I guess
> this is
> just a digital NG. Is there a NG that talks about the analog phones?

Greg, no offence to your post, but do realize that a lot of people have
never seen a bag phone. The only reason I've seen one is that one of my
professors in my college had one. I know those phones were quite expensive
back in the days, unlike the "cheaper" prices you see today.

try the NG
uk.telecom.mobile
which is quite active and loads of folks on that group from the old days.
December 13, 2004 6:06:13 AM

>Greg, no offence to your post, but do realize that a lot of people have
>never seen a bag phone.

They are still pretty popular for folks who run boats offshore. With a good
marine antenna and the 3 watt transmitters you can "get out" 30-40 miles
offshore. You can't do that with a flipper.

Thanks for the NG tip
December 20, 2004 6:55:33 PM

My bag phone died last week, and our service companies no longer support
them so no one will fix them. I gave them the phone and bought a
Motorola V60i. Can't make calls worth a damn. No signal strength.
Dead spots everywhere. All I want for Christmas is my bag phone back.

Greg wrote:
>>Greg, no offence to your post, but do realize that a lot of people have
>>never seen a bag phone.
>

> They are still pretty popular for folks who run boats offshore. With a good
> marine antenna and the 3 watt transmitters you can "get out" 30-40 miles
> offshore. You can't do that with a flipper.
>
> Thanks for the NG tip
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 7:36:33 AM

Plenty of them on ebay.