Moto analog NG?

Since I didn't get a bite on my request for the bag phone cable I guess this is
just a digital NG. Is there a NG that talks about the analog phones?
4 answers Last reply
More about moto analog

    "Greg" <gfretwell@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Since I didn't get a bite on my request for the bag phone cable I guess
    > this is
    > just a digital NG. Is there a NG that talks about the analog phones?

    Greg, no offence to your post, but do realize that a lot of people have
    never seen a bag phone. The only reason I've seen one is that one of my
    professors in my college had one. I know those phones were quite expensive
    back in the days, unlike the "cheaper" prices you see today.

    try the NG
    uk.telecom.mobile
    which is quite active and loads of folks on that group from the old days.

    >Greg, no offence to your post, but do realize that a lot of people have
    >never seen a bag phone.

    They are still pretty popular for folks who run boats offshore. With a good
    marine antenna and the 3 watt transmitters you can "get out" 30-40 miles
    offshore. You can't do that with a flipper.

    Thanks for the NG tip

    My bag phone died last week, and our service companies no longer support
    them so no one will fix them. I gave them the phone and bought a
    Motorola V60i. Can't make calls worth a damn. No signal strength.
    Dead spots everywhere. All I want for Christmas is my bag phone back.

    Greg wrote:
    >>Greg, no offence to your post, but do realize that a lot of people have
    >>never seen a bag phone.
    >

    > They are still pretty popular for folks who run boats offshore. With a good
    > marine antenna and the 3 watt transmitters you can "get out" 30-40 miles
    > offshore. You can't do that with a flipper.
    >
    > Thanks for the NG tip

    Plenty of them on ebay.

    "harrym" <harrym@ruraltel.net> wrote in message
    > My bag phone died last week, and our service companies no longer
    > support them so no one will fix them. I gave them the phone and
    > bought a Motorola V60i. Can't make calls worth a damn. No signal
    > strength. Dead spots everywhere. All I want for Christmas is my bag
    > phone back.
    >
    > Greg wrote:
    >>>Greg, no offence to your post, but do realize that a lot of people
    >>>have never seen a bag phone.
    >>

    >> They are still pretty popular for folks who run boats offshore. With
    >> a good
    >> marine antenna and the 3 watt transmitters you can "get out" 30-40
    >> miles
    >> offshore. You can't do that with a flipper.
    >>
    >> Thanks for the NG tip

Motorola Phones Cable