WOV Carrier?

I have just started to play with WOV, so I am just flying around
learning stuff - single missions
only. I want to play with TO and LDGs on a carrier. When I start in
mid air, even though I have checked the prefs to start on the runway, I
then follow the waypoints out to sea, where there are three
waypoints in close proximity - but no sign of a carier. What's up with that?

Do I need to be in campaigh mode in order to get to fly from and back
to carriers?

thanks,

ken

--
(To reply via email, please remove "ECM" - thanks)

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:45:37 -0400, Ken Spencer
<kspenceECM@i-2000.com> wrote:

>I have just started to play with WOV, so I am just flying around
>learning stuff - single missions
>only. I want to play with TO and LDGs on a carrier. When I start in
>mid air, even though I have checked the prefs to start on the runway, I
>then follow the waypoints out to sea, where there are three
>waypoints in close proximity - but no sign of a carier. What's up with that?
>
>Do I need to be in campaigh mode in order to get to fly from and back
>to carriers?
>
>thanks,
>
>ken

Best to go to www.simhq.com and ask in the SF/WOV forum. No one here
plays this game anymore except for the few odd-balls. What a let down
Strike Fighters was.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003

Codex wrote:
No one here
> plays this game anymore except for the few odd-balls. What a let down
> Strike Fighters was.

One could equally say the same of comp.sys/ibm.pc.games.flight-sim ;)
There are certainly more happy SF P1/WoV players than posters here.

Out of interest when & at what patch level did you last try it Codex?

The SF series continues to improve both through TK & the community &
obviously has a market albeit a different one from Falcon 4 & LOMAC
(which it was never aimed at competing with in the first place).

On 28 Apr 2005 16:52:07 -0700, "BUFF" <simhq_buff@hotmail.com> wrote:

>One could equally say the same of comp.sys/ibm.pc.games.flight-sim ;)
>There are certainly more happy SF P1/WoV players than posters here.
>
>Out of interest when & at what patch level did you last try it Codex?

I've still got it installed and it is patched to v12.25.03. I know
there has been another patch released but I just lost interest in the
game. The gameworld is empty and boring and I just don't think there
is much game there to play. It's good if you're into 3D modelling of
aircraft and like looking at pretty planes.

"BUFF" <simhq_buff@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> One could equally say the same of comp.sys/ibm.pc.games.flight-sim ;)
> There are certainly more happy SF P1/WoV players than posters here.

Spot on!!!

--
Lange,
666th Black Brigade,