Hardware or Software problem?

vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
This will be a little lengthy so please bear with me.I make backup games of my sons old playstion games.We find them at yard sales pretty marred up,so I make new clean copies for him to use.
Every so often I find one that does the following: It basically burns the lead in track,and then hangs up the pc and it has to be rebooted.Even the abort function of the software doesnt respond.So far the software list is as follows.
CDRwin,EZCD,Nero,Clonecd. All basically do the same thing.
I first thought it might be a Yamaha 20x10x40 problem,but music cd's,as well as copies of previously backed up games burn just fine.
The symptoms indicate that the burner is awaiting data from the hdd that it doesn't receive.
If anyone has experienced anything similar to this I would greatly appreciate some guidance.I am beginning to amass quite a coaster collection.....Thanks as usual...

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Check that DMA is enabled for the burner and put the burner as master on the IDE cable. This once solved some strange issues I had with QUE sheet burning.

How old are the THGC users? Find out or contribute <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25477#25477" target="_new">here</A>