Motorola V551 java games

Last response: in Brands
December 13, 2004 1:30:13 PM

Dear friends,
Can anyone guide me into how i can download java mobile games via
bluetooth and install it on my V551? I am a newbie in this area. So
help please.

Thanks
Milap
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 4:35:23 AM

On 13 Dec 2004 10:30:13 -0800, "milap" <info@stratusoft.com> wrote:

>Dear friends,
>Can anyone guide me into how i can download java mobile games via
>bluetooth and install it on my V551? I am a newbie in this area. So
>help please.
>
>Thanks
>Milap

I await help on this also. I have a USB cable, Motorola Phone Tools,
and P2KMAN. I can't find any way for MPT to deal with games. I can
transfer a .jar file using p2kman to the kjava directory, but the game
doesn't show up as a game. Instructions here
http://viciousglitch.tripod.com/motorola.htm

indicate a need for PST 6.7, Midway, and JAD. Seems pretty
complicated but probably easy once you do it.

I'm waiting for membership approval from motclub, having completed the
registration. Tough since I know zero Spanish but I muddled through
it. Babel would likely help here.

Anyone knowing an easier method or any sort of pointers is certainly
free to jump in.
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 1:16:56 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:35:23 GMT, dgk
<sonicechoes-spamless@zero-spam-hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 13 Dec 2004 10:30:13 -0800, "milap" <info@stratusoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Dear friends,
>>Can anyone guide me into how i can download java mobile games via
>>bluetooth and install it on my V551? I am a newbie in this area. So
>>help please.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Milap
>
>I await help on this also. I have a USB cable, Motorola Phone Tools,
>and P2KMAN. I can't find any way for MPT to deal with games. I can
>transfer a .jar file using p2kman to the kjava directory, but the game
>doesn't show up as a game. Instructions here
>http://viciousglitch.tripod.com/motorola.htm
>
>indicate a need for PST 6.7, Midway, and JAD. Seems pretty
>complicated but probably easy once you do it.
>
>I'm waiting for membership approval from motclub, having completed the
>registration. Tough since I know zero Spanish but I muddled through
>it. Babel would likely help here.
>
>Anyone knowing an easier method or any sort of pointers is certainly
>free to jump in.

Ah, ok, I now have the necessary programs except PST is up to 7.11.
That's ok I guess. I'll see about playing with it tonight. I'd hate to
muck up the phone.
December 14, 2004 6:14:16 PM

You need to enable the java loader which is often disabeld in most phones.
Chech your settings in the java section. If you see it, it's ok, else you
need a program to switch it on. I do it for my V400 with P2Ktools. Do a
search on news and google with the keywords java games motorola etc. You
will find it easily. I think you need the cable not just BT. You use
Midway to transfer the jad to the phone then load the jar with the phone
loader(or opposite) then you set (if the game works!). It's a bit
complicated but once you know how it's fine.

"dgk" <sonicechoes-spamless@zero-spam-hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message
de news:negsr0lcejsuca6e0bi35lsfdtc9ggb46d@4ax.com...
> On 13 Dec 2004 10:30:13 -0800, "milap" <info@stratusoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Dear friends,
> >Can anyone guide me into how i can download java mobile games via
> >bluetooth and install it on my V551? I am a newbie in this area. So
> >help please.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Milap
>
> I await help on this also. I have a USB cable, Motorola Phone Tools,
> and P2KMAN. I can't find any way for MPT to deal with games. I can
> transfer a .jar file using p2kman to the kjava directory, but the game
> doesn't show up as a game. Instructions here
> http://viciousglitch.tripod.com/motorola.htm
>
> indicate a need for PST 6.7, Midway, and JAD. Seems pretty
> complicated but probably easy once you do it.
>
> I'm waiting for membership approval from motclub, having completed the
> registration. Tough since I know zero Spanish but I muddled through
> it. Babel would likely help here.
>
> Anyone knowing an easier method or any sort of pointers is certainly
> free to jump in.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 6:20:24 AM

I just figured out how to do this for both Mac and PC:

PC way:
1) Drag/drop .jar and .jad files onto Obex Object Push Motorola using
the provided Windows Bluetooth software.

Mac way (I think you need OS X 10.2 or higher):
1) Do a google on Blueservice. It is freeware. Basically, once
downloaded copy the Blueservice.service file into the Services folder
under Library (create Services folder if it does not exist.)
2)Log out of Mac OS. Log back in.
3) Now just select the .jar file for the game go under the Finder menu
> Services > Send File to Bluetooth Device...
4) You may have to choose Obex Object Push (something similar) from
the right column choices that appear in the Bluetooth File Exchange
program. If so, I believe you only have to do this once. Afterwards, it
just "knows."
5) All done! Your phone should detect and just accept the incoming
transfer. Follow phone displays directions.

Hope this helps. I've been trying to figure this out for the last ten
days since I got the phone. Irrelevant: This phone is SOOOO FREAKING
AWESOME now. After figuring that out, finding out about MobiTV, and
FINALLY getting it to work as a modem for my Powerbook to get wireless
"broadband" this is by far the best value phone out there, IMO. Now if
only I could figure out how to synch iCal or from my PC, Sunbird with
this...it would be 100% perfect.

--
Tandaemonium
February 10, 2005 5:51:11 AM

Hi Tandaemonium,

I have a v551 and Bluetooth and tried your solution but the drop onto
the OBEX icon was rejected (I could open both the files and OBEX icons
and make them do what they do).

Any thoughts on this????

Nothing on this phone is easy to do.

MG

wrote:
> I just figured out how to do this for both Mac and PC:
>
> PC way:
> 1) Drag/drop .jar and .jad files onto Obex Object Push Motorola using
> the provided Windows Bluetooth software.
>
> Mac way (I think you need OS X 10.2 or higher):
> 1) Do a google on Blueservice. It is freeware. Basically, once
> downloaded copy the Blueservice.service file into the Services folder
> under Library (create Services folder if it does not exist.)
> 2)Log out of Mac OS. Log back in.
> 3) Now just select the .jar file for the game go under the Finder menu
>
>>Services > Send File to Bluetooth Device...
>
> 4) You may have to choose Obex Object Push (something similar) from
> the right column choices that appear in the Bluetooth File Exchange
> program. If so, I believe you only have to do this once. Afterwards, it
> just "knows."
> 5) All done! Your phone should detect and just accept the incoming
> transfer. Follow phone displays directions.
>
> Hope this helps. I've been trying to figure this out for the last ten
> days since I got the phone. Irrelevant: This phone is SOOOO FREAKING
> AWESOME now. After figuring that out, finding out about MobiTV, and
> FINALLY getting it to work as a modem for my Powerbook to get wireless
> "broadband" this is by far the best value phone out there, IMO. Now if
> only I could figure out how to synch iCal or from my PC, Sunbird with
> this...it would be 100% perfect.

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 6:09:35 AM

2 things: 1st, you don't have to drag the .jad files - only the .jar
files are needed. 2nd, In My Bluetooth Places make sure you uncheck the
"secure" requirement for file & pim transfers in both the client
applications and local services sections. You'll find those from the
menu bar by clicking Bluetooth: Advanced Configuration.
Once all that is set correctly, if it still won't work remove the
battery from your phone for 30 seconds (just turning it off won't help)
then start it up and try again.

From:Mr.~G
Taekwonmg@hotmail.com

> Hi Tandaemonium,
>
> I have a v551 and Bluetooth and tried your solution but the drop onto
> the OBEX icon was rejected (I could open both the files and OBEX icons
> and make them do what they do).
>
> Any thoughts on this????
>

> Nothing on this phone is easy to do.
>
> MG
>

> wrote:
>> I just figured out how to do this for both Mac and PC:
>>
>> PC way:
>> 1) Drag/drop .jar and .jad files onto Obex Object Push Motorola using
>> the provided Windows Bluetooth software.
>>
>> Mac way (I think you need OS X 10.2 or higher):
>> 1) Do a google on Blueservice. It is freeware. Basically, once
>> downloaded copy the Blueservice.service file into the Services folder
>> under Library (create Services folder if it does not exist.)
>> 2)Log out of Mac OS. Log back in.
>> 3) Now just select the .jar file for the game go under the Finder
>> menu
>>> Services > Send File to Bluetooth Device...
>>
>> 4) You may have to choose Obex Object Push (something similar) from
>> the right column choices that appear in the Bluetooth File Exchange
>> program. If so, I believe you only have to do this once. Afterwards,
>> it just "knows."
>> 5) All done! Your phone should detect and just accept the incoming
>> transfer. Follow phone displays directions.
>>
>> Hope this helps. I've been trying to figure this out for the last ten
>> days since I got the phone. Irrelevant: This phone is SOOOO FREAKING
>> AWESOME now. After figuring that out, finding out about MobiTV, and
>> FINALLY getting it to work as a modem for my Powerbook to get
>> wireless "broadband" this is by far the best value phone out there,
>> IMO. Now if only I could figure out how to synch iCal or from my PC,
>> Sunbird with this...it would be 100% perfect.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:31:17 PM

Bruce,

All changes made as you said and re paired the phone and now your
process works like a champ.

Thanks :)

MG

February 12, 2005 11:09:57 PM

Glad to hear it!

From:Mr.~G
Taekwonmg@hotmail.com

> Bruce,
>
> All changes made as you said and re paired the phone and now your
> process works like a champ.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> MG
>
> BruceR wrote:
>> 2 things: 1st, you don't have to drag the .jad files - only the .jar
>> files are needed. 2nd, In My Bluetooth Places make sure you uncheck
>> the "secure" requirement for file & pim transfers in both the client
>> applications and local services sections. You'll find those from the
>> menu bar by clicking Bluetooth: Advanced Configuration.
>> Once all that is set correctly, if it still won't work remove the
>> battery from your phone for 30 seconds (just turning it off won't
>> help) then start it up and try again.
>>
>> From:Mr.~G
>> Taekwonmg@hotmail.com
>>

>>> Hi Tandaemonium,
>>>
>>> I have a v551 and Bluetooth and tried your solution but the drop
>>> onto the OBEX icon was rejected (I could open both the files and
>>> OBEX icons and make them do what they do).
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on this????
>>>

>>> Nothing on this phone is easy to do.
>>>
>>> MG

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 4:11:03 AM

hey guys, i know its been like 2 months since this has been talked
about, but i'm having problems... so you know i am a COMPLETE newbie at
this so if i come across as dumb, i am. i have my bluetooth set up and
wasn't having any problems downloading/uploading pictures and mp3's to
my motorola v551. i tried doing the stuff mentioned (turning off
security, turning off phone/battery) and i still cant get these java
games to load. i downloaded 2 games (cannon.jar, bricks.jar, they are
zipped?) and i tried to drag it into the Motorola Phone OBEX Object
Push folder but nothing happens. when i double click the icon it talks
about business card and contacts in MS express. any and all help as to
how to get the games on my phone would be much appreciated, especially
during long lectures by profs.

Thanks,
Fek

ps, can anyone recomend some good java games and point me in the right
direction.

--
fekalione
April 14, 2005 9:44:02 AM

If the file extension is .jar it's not zipped. If it were it would end
in .zip. IF they are compatible with your phone they should load
easily. There are some games and apps at www.zedge.no that you can try.
It sound like you're doing things right. See my tutorial at
http://brobin111.blogspot.com just to verify everything. The file
transfer security setting needs to turned off.

From:fekalione
fekalione.1ngqay@nospam.cellphoneforums.net

> hey guys, i know its been like 2 months since this has been talked
> about, but i'm having problems... so you know i am a COMPLETE newbie
> at this so if i come across as dumb, i am. i have my bluetooth set
> up and wasn't having any problems downloading/uploading pictures and
> mp3's to my motorola v551. i tried doing the stuff mentioned
> (turning off security, turning off phone/battery) and i still cant
> get these java games to load. i downloaded 2 games (cannon.jar,
> bricks.jar, they are zipped?) and i tried to drag it into the
> Motorola Phone OBEX Object Push folder but nothing happens. when i
> double click the icon it talks about business card and contacts in MS
> express. any and all help as to how to get the games on my phone
> would be much appreciated, especially during long lectures by profs.
>
> Thanks,
> Fek
>
> ps, can anyone recomend some good java games and point me in the right
> direction.
>

> --
> fekalione
April 17, 2005 6:13:19 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i cant get this to work. i have a usb cord, i try using MIDway.......
but when i try to trasnfer the java game, after 2 seconds it says
"Timer exceed" its driving me crazy, please help asap

--
Silver2Black