pixa241

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Ok so I am trying to set up a lab for me to use to study for my MCITP, but i cannot get this set up working. I have a desktop pc with server 2008 installed and I have virtual box with windows 7 installed. I have created a domain on my server but can not get my windows 7 client connected to it. I think it has to do with the network card and how it is setup because it installed a virtual network card but can not figure out how to get it to work with this and need some help.

pixa241

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

Ok I think I got it working. Reset everything and started from scratch. VM is hosted on the server and virtual box is running windows 7 ultimate. Now what are some good ways to set up this lab and get some more training on this.

choucove

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
What version of Windows Server 2008 are you running on the box? If you're working with learning Windows Server environment and OS, you should consider running Hyper-V to host your VMs instead of VirtualBox. I like VB, but if your goal is learning Windows you really should be considering Hyper-V as this is a huge aspect of Windows Server 2008/2012 anymore.