Comanche Hokum campaign mode

Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to stumble
and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.

Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
off.
You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
speech
pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.

Download the demo

http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe

Download the demo patch

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip

Download new executable

http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe

Download the superpatch

http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe

Download the Apache Havoc maps

http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe

Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
to avoid critical sound missing error)

http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe

Enjoy.

GJ
13 answers Last reply
More about comanche hokum campaign mode
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <d50aj5$hnn$1@news.netins.net>, GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com
    (George Jetson) wrote:

    > however I Have been able to stumble and bumble my way into
    > a fuctional sim complete with campaign and skirmish modes.

    Well done! That's very helpful, because EECH is a game people regularly
    suggest is worth looking at, even now. I'm going to DL that lot and stash
    them away somewhere safely.

    Andrew McP
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "George Jetson" <GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com> wrote in message

    > Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to
    > stumble
    > and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
    > skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.
    >
    > Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
    > off.
    > You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
    > and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
    > speech
    > pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.
    >
    > Download the demo
    >
    > http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe
    >
    > Download the demo patch
    >
    > http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip
    >
    > Download new executable
    >
    > http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe
    >
    > Download the superpatch
    >
    > http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe
    >
    > Download the Apache Havoc maps
    >
    > http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe
    >
    > Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
    > to avoid critical sound missing error)
    >
    > http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe
    >
    > Enjoy.
    >
    > GJ

    Thanks for that! I got this up an running a month or so ago. I should have
    offered my insights as well. Nice thing is that it supports native TrackIR,
    and I have been having a "blast" with it! Too bad the graphics are still
    outdated, and the terrain is so dull. But the game itself is quite fun.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <memo.20050430205015.672A@address_disguised.address_disguised>,
    andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

    > I'm going to DL that lot and stash
    > them away somewhere safely.

    Just installed it all to test it out and was impressed at how
    comprehensive this enhanced demo is.

    Andrew McP
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Andrew MacPherson wrote:
    > In article <d50aj5$hnn$1@news.netins.net>,
    > GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com (George Jetson) wrote:
    >
    >> however I Have been able to stumble and bumble my way into
    >> a fuctional sim complete with campaign and skirmish modes.
    >
    > Well done! That's very helpful, because EECH is a game people
    > regularly suggest is worth looking at, even now. I'm going to DL that
    > lot and stash them away somewhere safely.
    >
    > Andrew McP

    I heartily recommend EECH, with the updated graphics /campaigns from user
    mods, it is an awesome heli sim.

    --
    Don Burnette

    "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
    way of the man that's doing it."
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "George Jetson" <GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com> wrote in message

    > Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to
    > stumble
    > and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
    > skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.
    >
    > Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
    > off.
    > You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
    > and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
    > speech
    > pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.
    >
    > Download the demo
    >
    > http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe
    >
    > Download the demo patch
    >
    > http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip
    >
    > Download new executable
    >
    > http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe
    >
    > Download the superpatch
    >
    > http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe
    >
    > Download the Apache Havoc maps
    >
    > http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe
    >
    > Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
    > to avoid critical sound missing error)
    >
    > http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe
    >
    > Enjoy.
    >
    > GJ

    Since the source code has been released, shouldn't it be legal to freely
    distribute the game? If any of you want a copy, let me know and we can make
    arrangements. That is if I can make a copy without issue. I will try. I will
    only ask for you to pay for shipping.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    I do have one question about the game however. There are two things that I
    would like to be able to do:

    (1) Zoom the view. I thought there was a way to zoom your view, but maybe
    not. That could have been Longbow, or maybe not even that. It seems that
    most sims have this feature, whether it is realistic or not, it helps on
    the PC.

    (2) Switch gunships. I thought it was possible once you die to switch to
    another friendly gunship using a key command. I haven't been able to switch
    between aircraft once I die, let alone take control of it. Anyone know?

    Thanks!
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in

    > (2) Switch gunships. I thought it was possible once you die to switch
    > to another friendly gunship using a key command. I haven't been able
    > to switch between aircraft once I die, let alone take control of it.
    > Anyone know?
    >
    > Thanks!

    It's been alittle while, but I believe you go to the map, click the helo
    you want to fly, and then you can control it.

    Chuck

    --
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

    "Chuck" <Nonyabiz@all.com> wrote in message
    > "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in
    >
    >> (2) Switch gunships. I thought it was possible once you die to switch
    >> to another friendly gunship using a key command. I haven't been able
    >> to switch between aircraft once I die, let alone take control of it.
    >> Anyone know?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > It's been alittle while, but I believe you go to the map, click the helo
    > you want to fly, and then you can control it.
    >
    > Chuck
    >
    > --
    > Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    > Benjamin Franklin

    Cool, thanks. That did it. But I thought there was a key command that would
    let you toggle through the different aircraft and you would get an external
    view of it. Then you could take control of it. The "U" key is slaved to "Fly
    External Gunship". "Alt-F8" shows "View Available Gunships" but it doesn't
    work. Something seems awry. Maybe with all these updates, that part got
    hosed?
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "George Jetson" <GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com> wrote in message

    > Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to
    > stumble
    > and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
    > skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.
    >
    > Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
    > off.
    > You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
    > and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
    > speech
    > pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.
    >
    > Download the demo
    >
    > http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe
    >
    > Download the demo patch
    >
    > http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip
    >
    > Download new executable
    >
    > http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe
    >
    > Download the superpatch
    >
    > http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe
    >
    > Download the Apache Havoc maps
    >
    > http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe
    >
    > Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
    > to avoid critical sound missing error)
    >
    > http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe
    >
    > Enjoy.
    >
    > GJ

    The more I am playing this, the more I am loving it. I hate to admit it, but
    despite the antiquated graphics, this game is the shiznit. It is rock solid
    (knock on wood), has a reliable dynamic campaign, and decent flight physics
    and AI. All it needs is a serious face lift a la Falcon 4 with some tweaks
    and this would make one awesome updated sim.

    Since the code is now freely distributable, I hope a team as talented as
    those that created SP4 and FF3 would indulge in such a project. At present I
    don't have the talent, skills, or time, otherwise I'd do it myself.
    Consdering as long of legs as Falcon 4 has, Comanche Hokum could have the
    same. Then we'd have a decent jet sim, helicopter sim, and add in IL-2:FB
    and Pacific Fighters, you've got your prop sims. We'd be set for years to
    come. Sad, but at least it'd be something to look forward to in this
    floundering genre of PC gaming.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <LMKdnZ-8trTnUevfRVn-oA@comcast.com>,
    magma@killspam.comcast.net (HockeyTownUSA) wrote:

    > this would make one awesome updated sim.

    EECH was a great update to Apache-Havoc, and I think one more in the
    series would have given us a stunning game engine. EECH is great, but
    there are issues which crop up and ruin the immersion at times. A bit more
    work (eg the ability to shape the offensive and its targets yourself,
    more intelligence for the AI) and it would have been a sim for life.

    I did actually DL and take a look at the source code. Then I got a
    headache and closed it down again quickly :-) Finding your way round other
    people's code is hard work. I'm always amazed at what the F4 (and EECH to
    a lesser extent) modders have achieved.

    Andrew McP
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > In article <LMKdnZ-8trTnUevfRVn-oA@comcast.com>,
    > magma@killspam.comcast.net (HockeyTownUSA) wrote:
    >
    >> this would make one awesome updated sim.
    >
    > EECH was a great update to Apache-Havoc, and I think one more in the
    > series would have given us a stunning game engine. EECH is great, but
    > there are issues which crop up and ruin the immersion at times. A bit more
    > work (eg the ability to shape the offensive and its targets yourself,
    > more intelligence for the AI) and it would have been a sim for life.
    >
    > I did actually DL and take a look at the source code. Then I got a
    > headache and closed it down again quickly :-) Finding your way round other
    > people's code is hard work. I'm always amazed at what the F4 (and EECH to
    > a lesser extent) modders have achieved.
    >
    > Andrew McP

    Yeah. I started to learn some C++ programming, but then again, being a
    beginner I doubt I'd be able to do anything with it anyways. You'd have to
    find a hard core programmer with a passion for flight sims and a lot of time
    on their hands to at least dig in and decipher the thing. I'm sure that's
    hard to find, which is what makes Falcon 4 and its updates so unique.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    I probably have a couple of copies of apache / havoc around here, but I've
    never been able to find Comanche Hokum... Speaks to the desirablility of
    the game that it's not even in a "used" bin at EB Games... Maybe the demo
    will satisfy me for a while...

    "George Jetson" <GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com> wrote in message

    > Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to
    > stumble
    > and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
    > skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.
    >
    > Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
    > off.
    > You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
    > and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
    > speech
    > pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.
    >
    > Download the demo
    >
    > http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe
    >
    > Download the demo patch
    >
    > http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip
    >
    > Download new executable
    >
    > http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe
    >
    > Download the superpatch
    >
    > http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe
    >
    > Download the Apache Havoc maps
    >
    > http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe
    >
    > Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
    > to avoid critical sound missing error)
    >
    > http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe
    >
    > Enjoy.
    >
    > GJ

  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Jay Williams" <Voodoo141@buggeroffspammercox.net> wrote in message
    >I probably have a couple of copies of apache / havoc around here, but I've
    >never been able to find Comanche Hokum... Speaks to the desirablility of
    >the game that it's not even in a "used" bin at EB Games... Maybe the demo
    >will satisfy me for a while...

    If you download and install all the files listed, you'll end up with a
    lot more than just the demo.

    GJ

PC gaming Download Communications Video Games