Comanche Hokum campaign mode

Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to stumble
and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.

Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
off.
You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
speech
pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.

Download the demo

http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe

Download the demo patch

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip

Download new executable

http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe

Download the superpatch

http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe

Download the Apache Havoc maps

http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe

Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
to avoid critical sound missing error)

http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe

Enjoy.

GJ

In article <d50aj5$hnn$1@news.netins.net>, GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com
(George Jetson) wrote:

> however I Have been able to stumble and bumble my way into
> a fuctional sim complete with campaign and skirmish modes.

Well done! That's very helpful, because EECH is a game people regularly
suggest is worth looking at, even now. I'm going to DL that lot and stash
them away somewhere safely.

Andrew McP

"George Jetson" <GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com> wrote in message

> Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to
> stumble
> and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
> skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.
>
> Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
> off.
> You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
> and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
> speech
> pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.
>
> Download the demo
>
> http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe
>
> Download the demo patch
>
> http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip
>
> Download new executable
>
> http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe
>
> Download the superpatch
>
> http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe
>
> Download the Apache Havoc maps
>
> http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe
>
> Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
> to avoid critical sound missing error)
>
> http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe
>
> Enjoy.
>
> GJ

Thanks for that! I got this up an running a month or so ago. I should have
offered my insights as well. Nice thing is that it supports native TrackIR,
and I have been having a "blast" with it! Too bad the graphics are still
outdated, and the terrain is so dull. But the game itself is quite fun.

In article <memo.20050430205015.672A@address_disguised.address_disguised>,
andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

> I'm going to DL that lot and stash
> them away somewhere safely.

Just installed it all to test it out and was impressed at how
comprehensive this enhanced demo is.

Andrew McP

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> In article <d50aj5$hnn$1@news.netins.net>,
> GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com (George Jetson) wrote:
>
>> however I Have been able to stumble and bumble my way into
>> a fuctional sim complete with campaign and skirmish modes.
>
> Well done! That's very helpful, because EECH is a game people
> regularly suggest is worth looking at, even now. I'm going to DL that
> lot and stash them away somewhere safely.
>
> Andrew McP

I heartily recommend EECH, with the updated graphics /campaigns from user
mods, it is an awesome heli sim.

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

"George Jetson" <GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com> wrote in message

> Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to
> stumble
> and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
> skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.
>
> Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
> off.
> You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
> and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
> speech
> pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.
>
> Download the demo
>
> http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe
>
> Download the demo patch
>
> http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip
>
> Download new executable
>
> http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe
>
> Download the superpatch
>
> http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe
>
> Download the Apache Havoc maps
>
> http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe
>
> Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
> to avoid critical sound missing error)
>
> http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe
>
> Enjoy.
>
> GJ

Since the source code has been released, shouldn't it be legal to freely
distribute the game? If any of you want a copy, let me know and we can make
arrangements. That is if I can make a copy without issue. I will try. I will
only ask for you to pay for shipping.

I do have one question about the game however. There are two things that I
would like to be able to do:

(1) Zoom the view. I thought there was a way to zoom your view, but maybe
not. That could have been Longbow, or maybe not even that. It seems that
most sims have this feature, whether it is realistic or not, it helps on
the PC.

(2) Switch gunships. I thought it was possible once you die to switch to
another friendly gunship using a key command. I haven't been able to switch
between aircraft once I die, let alone take control of it. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in

> (2) Switch gunships. I thought it was possible once you die to switch
> to another friendly gunship using a key command. I haven't been able
> to switch between aircraft once I die, let alone take control of it.
> Anyone know?
>
> Thanks!

It's been alittle while, but I believe you go to the map, click the helo
you want to fly, and then you can control it.

Chuck

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

"Chuck" <Nonyabiz@all.com> wrote in message
> "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> (2) Switch gunships. I thought it was possible once you die to switch
>> to another friendly gunship using a key command. I haven't been able
>> to switch between aircraft once I die, let alone take control of it.
>> Anyone know?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> It's been alittle while, but I believe you go to the map, click the helo
> you want to fly, and then you can control it.
>
> Chuck
>
> --
> Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
> Benjamin Franklin

Cool, thanks. That did it. But I thought there was a key command that would
let you toggle through the different aircraft and you would get an external
view of it. Then you could take control of it. The "U" key is slaved to "Fly
External Gunship". "Alt-F8" shows "View Available Gunships" but it doesn't
work. Something seems awry. Maybe with all these updates, that part got
hosed?

"George Jetson" <GJetson@SpacelySprockets.com> wrote in message

> Can't find the sim anywhere, to purchse, however I Have been able to
> stumble
> and bumble my way into a fuctional sim complete with campaign and
> skirmish modes. Well worth the downloads and effort.
>
> Downside. Radio communications are not timed correctly. I just turn them
> off.
> You'll be missing two of the maps of the orignal but you will have 7 maps
> and over 20 campaigns. You will have to download and install the Russian
> speech
> pack to avoid a critical error caused by missing speech file.
>
> Download the demo
>
> http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamesdomain/demos/EECH_Demo.exe
>
> Download the demo patch
>
> http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9826217/EECH/eechdemo161W5D1.zip
>
> Download new executable
>
> http://home.planet.nl/~jette073/gotcha/download/eechsetup161W5.exe
>
> Download the superpatch
>
> http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/superpatch2.exe
>
> Download the Apache Havoc maps
>
> http://hoxdna.org/eech/files/eeahmapssetup1.1.exe
>
> Download Russian Speech pack (You need to install this
> to avoid critical sound missing error)
>
> http://www.simhq.com/_downloads/air/EECH/audio-ru.exe
>
> Enjoy.
>
> GJ

The more I am playing this, the more I am loving it. I hate to admit it, but
despite the antiquated graphics, this game is the shiznit. It is rock solid
(knock on wood), has a reliable dynamic campaign, and decent flight physics
and AI. All it needs is a serious face lift a la Falcon 4 with some tweaks
and this would make one awesome updated sim.

Since the code is now freely distributable, I hope a team as talented as
those that created SP4 and FF3 would indulge in such a project. At present I
don't have the talent, skills, or time, otherwise I'd do it myself.
Consdering as long of legs as Falcon 4 has, Comanche Hokum could have the
same. Then we'd have a decent jet sim, helicopter sim, and add in IL-2:FB
and Pacific Fighters, you've got your prop sims. We'd be set for years to
come. Sad, but at least it'd be something to look forward to in this
floundering genre of PC gaming.

In article <LMKdnZ-8trTnUevfRVn-oA@comcast.com>,
magma@killspam.comcast.net (HockeyTownUSA) wrote:

> this would make one awesome updated sim.

EECH was a great update to Apache-Havoc, and I think one more in the
series would have given us a stunning game engine. EECH is great, but
there are issues which crop up and ruin the immersion at times. A bit more
work (eg the ability to shape the offensive and its targets yourself,
more intelligence for the AI) and it would have been a sim for life.

I did actually DL and take a look at the source code. Then I got a
headache and closed it down again quickly :) Finding your way round other
people's code is hard work. I'm always amazed at what the F4 (and EECH to
a lesser extent) modders have achieved.

Andrew McP

"Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In article <LMKdnZ-8trTnUevfRVn-oA@comcast.com>,
> magma@killspam.comcast.net (HockeyTownUSA) wrote:
>
>> this would make one awesome updated sim.
>
> EECH was a great update to Apache-Havoc, and I think one more in the
> series would have given us a stunning game engine. EECH is great, but
> there are issues which crop up and ruin the immersion at times. A bit more
> work (eg the ability to shape the offensive and its targets yourself,
> more intelligence for the AI) and it would have been a sim for life.
>
> I did actually DL and take a look at the source code. Then I got a
> headache and closed it down again quickly :) Finding your way round other
> people's code is hard work. I'm always amazed at what the F4 (and EECH to
> a lesser extent) modders have achieved.
>
> Andrew McP

Yeah. I started to learn some C++ programming, but then again, being a
beginner I doubt I'd be able to do anything with it anyways. You'd have to
find a hard core programmer with a passion for flight sims and a lot of time
on their hands to at least dig in and decipher the thing. I'm sure that's
hard to find, which is what makes Falcon 4 and its updates so unique.

I probably have a couple of copies of apache / havoc around here, but I've
never been able to find Comanche Hokum... Speaks to the desirablility of
the game that it's not even in a "used" bin at EB Games... Maybe the demo
will satisfy me for a while...

"Jay Williams" <Voodoo141@buggeroffspammercox.net> wrote in message
>I probably have a couple of copies of apache / havoc around here, but I've
>never been able to find Comanche Hokum... Speaks to the desirablility of
>the game that it's not even in a "used" bin at EB Games... Maybe the demo
>will satisfy me for a while...

If you download and install all the files listed, you'll end up with a
lot more than just the demo.

GJ

TRENDING THREADS