Wireless network keeps disconnecting

inside121

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Ok hello.

So I just bought new laptop. Everything was fine, wireless was working fine until now. My wireless started disconnecting. Tried on old laptop - everything cool. On new laptop - it keeps disconnecting.

Where's the problem?

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Does it disconnect only when you aren't using it? If so, it could be the power saving settings for the wireless adapter. Check it in Control Panel>Device Manager, right click to expand network adapters, right click the wireless one and go to Properties then Power management.

If it's not that, it may be the channel it's set to receive on if that doesn't match the channel the router is broadcasting over.

inside121

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

Hey. It does disconnect exactly when I'm using it. And it pisses me off. I've called to Samsung and they offering me send it to warranty.. They're kidding me.

I also checked all system updates, only one was affecting my wireless card driver, so I tried restore laptop before this update - but still same ***.

And also what I noticed, when computer is just turned on, wireless works without interruption for like few hours at least. But if laptop is on for more than 2 hours, disconnects starting.

I wonder if you're only being given a short lease on the connection. Can you press your Windows key and R together then in the Open box, type

cmd /k ipconfig /all

including the spaces, then press Enter.

Under the Wireless connection, how long is the Lease?

inside121

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

It says:

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 07 October 2012 12:48:35
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 08 October 2012 12:48:35

By the way, the card model is Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network adapter.

inside121

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Well I just had windows update ( long one, took 50min to finish installation. ) and now it works pretty good. Will see later.

inside121

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Still keeps disconnecting... If I use more internet and if my laptop is turned on for more than 2 hours it starts disconnecting. Any ideas? thanks.