Falcon 4 question

I haven't touched F4 in years and was wondering what files I should go with
for a basic, stable install.

F4, then Patch 1.08 obviously - then what, I have no idea what is currently
available.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
>I haven't touched F4 in years and was wondering what files I should go with
>for a basic, stable install.
>
> F4, then Patch 1.08 obviously - then what, I have no idea what is
> currently available.

Freefalcon3
http://www.freefalcon.com/content/content.php

Install F4 off CD
Install FF3
Install FF3.1

No mention of it needing the patch.

"rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
>>I haven't touched F4 in years and was wondering what files I should go
>>with for a basic, stable install.
>>
>> F4, then Patch 1.08 obviously - then what, I have no idea what is
>> currently available.
>>

> Freefalcon3
> http://www.freefalcon.com/content/content.php
>
> Install F4 off CD
> Install FF3
> Install FF3.1
>
> No mention of it needing the patch.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

On Tue, 10 May 2005 10:13:46 GMT, L'acrobat wrote:

>"rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
>>>I haven't touched F4 in years and was wondering what files I should go
>>>with for a basic, stable install.
>>>
>>> F4, then Patch 1.08 obviously - then what, I have no idea what is
>>> currently available.

>> Freefalcon3
>> http://www.freefalcon.com/content/content.php
>>
>> Install F4 off CD
>> Install FF3
>> Install FF3.1
>>
>> No mention of it needing the patch.
>
>Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

It's pretty painless - if not too quick. You may need to go have your
dinner whilst the textures re-compress <g>.

Being out of the loop, though, you'll find a lot of the avionics &
weapons delivery modes have changed. You may need to grab some [extra]
documentation.

One word of warning - a flight starts with the master arm switch set
to OFF (a new default setting). This has caught me out a number of
times!

Adamski.

I think it should be the same files you used to explain the history
of WWII over and over again...

--

gcisko@hotmail.com

"L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
>I haven't touched F4 in years and was wondering what files I should go with
>for a basic, stable install.
>
> F4, then Patch 1.08 obviously - then what, I have no idea what is
> currently available.

jp

"L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> I haven't touched F4 in years and was wondering what files I should go
with
> for a basic, stable install.
>
> F4, then Patch 1.08 obviously - then what, I have no idea what is
currently
> available.

SP 4.2 or Freefalcon 3. Each have their plus and minuses, each have a
myriad of other add-ons that can be used, but this is a good start. Try
them both, see what you think. You don't need 1.08 for FF3. I prefer the
sp stuff, but ymmv.

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=86705 or
www.freefalcon.com