Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hard disk partition

Last response: in Windows 7
May 15, 2012 1:01:28 PM

Hello,
:?: I have a laptop HP with a 300 Gig hard drive with one partition: C /: 50 Gigas and D /: 250 GB.
Only with an Operating System Wind 7 (64 Bit) on C /: which occupies almost all the disk space no longer allows me to install other software necessary for functional work on my PC.
How to increase disk capacity C /: by making another partition without having to do another reinstall the operating system.
Someone very kind can inform me about the procedure.

thank you so much

More about : hard disk partition

May 15, 2012 5:55:45 PM

Thank you for your suggestion, it worked to reduce the size of the partition D /, but to extend the C volume / prompt "Extend Volume" remains inactive.
Is there a method to expand the C partition / me is always a problem of insufficient size. Knowing that the volume D / is 5 times larger than the volume C /

And thank you again.
m
l
Related resources
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
May 15, 2012 6:52:15 PM

the easus one will do what you want
m
l
May 16, 2012 11:21:50 PM

dodger46 said:
Try this
http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-E...
It's a bit more comprehensive...

Merci pour votre attention, ce logiciel ( EaseUs Partition ) fonctionne bien pour tous les volumes des partitions sauf pour la partition C/ qui est en NTFS.

Je souhaite trouver une solution à ce problème qui me pose des difficultés à enregistrer sur C/ par manque d'espace.
m
l
May 16, 2012 11:24:33 PM

Thank you for your attention, this program (EASEUS Partition) works well for all volumes except for partitions Partition C / which is NTFS.

I want to find a solution to this problem that causes me difficulty in registering on C / lack of space.
m
l
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
May 17, 2012 5:16:11 AM

OK See your problem. First you have to Merge the two Partitions to make one big 'C' then create a new Partition any size you like. You cannot simply reduce 'D' and use the unallocated space to increase 'C'
I would urge you to back up your data in case something goes wrong (it shouldn't!) Ideally 'D' should be cleaned first, ie format...
m
l
May 17, 2012 6:17:27 PM

Thank you for your help,
I followed your advice and formatted the disk 'D'. It now remains for me to merge the two partitions "C and D" in one big partition'' C''. As I am not a pro in this field. I beseech you to kindly guide me step by step to achieve this task. This will enable me perhaps to improve my knowledge in this field.
Thank you and hello
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 17, 2012 6:22:03 PM

you cannot resize a mounted volume. so while your using windows you cannot resize the C:
You can however boot off of a liveCD like Ubuntu and use the tool gparted to resize the partitions however you like. make sure you do backups of any data before doing so.
m
l
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
May 17, 2012 8:39:11 PM

abdou ben said:
Thank you for your help,
I followed your advice and formatted the disk 'D'. It now remains for me to merge the two partitions "C and D" in one big partition'' C''. As I am not a pro in this field. I beseech you to kindly guide me step by step to achieve this task. This will enable me perhaps to improve my knowledge in this field.
Thank you and hello

OK. If you can wait till tomorrow I'll do the same on a spare laptop. I believe there are two ways to achieve the same result with Easeus, one to delete 'D' and the other to merge.
The operations are done before starting Windows...

Didn't take long...
Launch Easeus
‘Go to Main Screen’
Select the empty partition (‘D’for you)
Click Delete
You are left with ‘C’ and unallocated space.
Simply place mouse cursor over the end of the C bar and slide it to the right until it is large enough for your requirements (See red arrow http://prntscr.com/9dl30)
Click ‘OK’ then ‘Apply’
OK the next screens, Windows will reboot and voila! you will have your new partitions…
m
l

Best solution

a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
May 18, 2012 6:40:03 AM

nhasian said:
you cannot resize a mounted volume. so while your using windows you cannot resize the C:
You can however boot off of a liveCD like Ubuntu and use the tool gparted to resize the partitions however you like. make sure you do backups of any data before doing so.

True, but Easeus sets up the operation using the Windows platform, then reboots the machine to perform the deed, after which it reboots into Windows...
May 18, 2012 6:50:45 PM

dodger46 said:
OK. If you can wait till tomorrow I'll do the same on a spare laptop. I believe there are two ways to achieve the same result with Easeus, one to delete 'D' and the other to merge.
The operations are done before starting Windows...

Didn't take long...
Launch Easeus
‘Go to Main Screen’
Select the empty partition (‘D’for you)
Click Delete
You are left with ‘C’ and unallocated space.
Simply place mouse cursor over the end of the C bar and slide it to the right until it is large enough for your requirements (See red arrow http://prntscr.com/9dl30)
Click ‘OK’ then ‘Apply’
OK the next screens, Windows will reboot and voila! you will have your new partitions…

Done and a fantastic way!
Thank you very much for your help.
Thank you very much for your time and attention you have devoted myself to solve my problem.
Without your support, I do not know how I could overcome this hassle;
Without this forum and caring people like you I might have wasted too much effort, energy and time to solve this problem.
Now thanks to your valuable assistance I feel I have acquired a scrap of knowledge in this area.
Thank you again and again

m
l
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
May 18, 2012 8:46:02 PM

You're welcome!
m
l
May 25, 2012 12:39:23 AM

Best answer selected by abdou ben.
m