Terratec EWS88 MT Digital input problems

Last response: in Home Audio
October 24, 2004 7:55:36 AM

Hi there,

I have this Terratec EWS88 MT card that worked fine on my older system
under Windows 2000 Professional. I was especially fond of the S/PDIF input
that I use to record from my Bass Pod Pro.

Now I installed the card under a new system with Windoes XP Pro, but
all of a sudden it doesn't get a signal from my Bass Pod Pro when I
don't set the Master Clock to "external". I didn't have to do this on
my old system, although I had to make sure the sample rates matched,
of course.

The problem is that most of my audio apps get upset when I switch
from external to internal master clock, even if the sample rates match.
Worse still, most of my apps crash when I don't switch and then decide to
simply turn off my Bass Pod. I never had these issues on my older system,
what what could be wrong?

I tried various drivers, including the latest from the Terratec
site and some older ones. All show the same problem.

Any input would be highly appreciated!

RS
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 4:07:55 PM

Hi Richard,

I use two of the Terratecs and never even got Windows XP
installed. It can't boot with the two cards, I don't know why.
So I still use Windows 2000 and it runs without problems.

Lately I used the digital inputs, too. I use one of the cards
as master and the other as slave. I guess the master card controls
the mic pre via spdif, I never set up anything, it just worked.

I don't know if this causes jitter or not, but I definitely know
that I can switch off every external equipment when not needed.

If I were you, I would keep Win2K, its stable and neat.

Kind Regards
Nudge

--
Nudge // PCS Records Studio Leipzig