MN-720 adapter to MN-700 connection problem fixed! :D

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Connection
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
May 6, 2004 9:11:20 PM

All I did is changing the channel from the default value 6
to channel 1! The connection was then established
automatically!
By the way, I use the adapter with Compaq presario laptop.

Here is my previous post:
I bought this networking kit last week, and configured the
base station with the provided CD with no problem. Now
here comes the puzzle: my adapter detects excellent
wireless signal from my base station, but cannot connect
to it. It always says the WEP I typed in is invalid, even
when I disabled the encryption feature of the wireless
network. I've tried many security keys, but always got
this same error info. Anybody knows how to fix the
problem? I've already had this kit for almost a week, and
could never really use it. //cry

More about : 720 adapter 700 connection problem fixed

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 10:42:44 PM

If they're not on the same channel, they're not talking to each other. One
of the problems trying to diagnose networking problems from the written
word. 8-) Glad you got it fixed.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Diana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All I did is changing the channel from the default value 6
> to channel 1! The connection was then established
> automatically!
> By the way, I use the adapter with Compaq presario laptop.
>
> Here is my previous post:
> I bought this networking kit last week, and configured the
> base station with the provided CD with no problem. Now
> here comes the puzzle: my adapter detects excellent
> wireless signal from my base station, but cannot connect
> to it. It always says the WEP I typed in is invalid, even
> when I disabled the encryption feature of the wireless
> network. I've tried many security keys, but always got
> this same error info. Anybody knows how to fix the
> problem? I've already had this kit for almost a week, and
> could never really use it. //cry
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 1:00:22 AM

Faint! I mean I changed the channel of both the base
station and the adapter from 6 to 1, so they were always
on the same channel.

Anonymous
May 7, 2004 1:11:05 AM

well I'll be damned. I heard about some issues with the
720 and presario's and I spent 4 hours trying to get it
to work on my wife's presario 2100. I read your post and
sure as poop, it worked like a charm. I tried changing
channels but only a few. I wonder what is special about
channel 1?

In any case, THANK YOU! Now my wife can sit upstairs and
work so I can feel free to curse at my programs when they
don't compile without errors...lol.

!