V551 - Interacting with Bluetooth

I just recently got a v551 (upgraded from the v60), and the manual is
not very helpful with regards to my following question:

How do I interact with the phone via bluetooth?

I've got a bluetooth receiver for my Keyboard/Mouse, but I can't figure
out how to, for example, access pictures I've taken on the phone, or
upload midi/mp3 files.

While I'm at it, I'll ask a secondary question: Is it possible to use
mp3's as ringtons, and if so what format do they have to be in? If they
can't be used as ringtones, what format should I use if I want to store
some to listen to with the phone? I'm told that the speakers can be
blown. I'm assuming that midi files are fince since the ringtones have
been downloaded in that format.
3 answers Last reply
More about v551 interacting bluetooth

    "The Saint" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
    >I just recently got a v551 (upgraded from the v60), and the manual is not
    >very helpful with regards to my following question:
    >
    > How do I interact with the phone via bluetooth?
    >
    > I've got a bluetooth receiver for my Keyboard/Mouse, but I can't figure
    > out how to, for example, access pictures I've taken on the phone, or
    > upload midi/mp3 files.
    >
    > While I'm at it, I'll ask a secondary question: Is it possible to use
    > mp3's as ringtons, and if so what format do they have to be in? If they
    > can't be used as ringtones, what format should I use if I want to store
    > some to listen to with the phone? I'm told that the speakers can be
    > blown. I'm assuming that midi files are fince since the ringtones have
    > been downloaded in that format.

    Download this pdf for assistance in creating/editing mp3 and midi ringtones
    for the v551
    http://trix2.cellmania.com/downloads/downloads/pdf/MG_V551.pdf

    I've also successfully uploaded and downloaded files using bluetooth, but
    I'm not really motivated or qualified to write a step by step guide.
    Basically you put the phone in discoverable mode and have your pc search for
    and pair to it. Then you should be able to use certain services with it.

    I just recently installed HS820 motorola bluetooth headset to my V551
    and now my ringtone is locked onto Cingular's "continental".

    How do I reconfigure it to use MP3 ringtones?

    --
    SuzyMaid

    "SuzyMaid" <SuzyMaid.1ii54z@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

    > I just recently installed HS820 motorola bluetooth headset to my V551
    > and now my ringtone is locked onto Cingular's "continental".
    >
    > How do I reconfigure it to use MP3 ringtones?
    >

    > --
    > SuzyMaid
    > brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

    You can't