Wanted: Spring for Thrustmaster TQS Rudder

There I was ... stomping hard right ... chaff & flares going like
crazy ... when *PLINK!!* ... that SAM must've been closer than I
thought!! Now I'm not normally the one to complain about damage
modelling ...

Does anyone have a spare spring for this venerable piece of kit?

Not a huge part, so postage to sheep-shagging Kiwiland shouldn't be a
problem!

Adamski.

Adamski wrote:
> There I was ... stomping hard right ... chaff & flares going like
> crazy ... when *PLINK!!* ... that SAM must've been closer than I
> thought!! Now I'm not normally the one to complain about damage
> modelling ...
>
> Does anyone have a spare spring for this venerable piece of kit?
>
> Not a huge part, so postage to sheep-shagging Kiwiland shouldn't be a
> problem!

Wish I could help because I know how you feel. :-(

Back when Thrustmaster was still owned by the people who started the
company, they would mail out free replacement kits. I managed to break
3 rudder springs over the course of a year and a half, and each time
they sent me an entire maintenance kit with tons of unidentifiable
little parts and *one* spring. They finally sent a spring that was of a
larger diameter steel wire, and that one has lasted ever since.

I don't know where you can find a replacement spring, but I *do* know
that getting that damn rudder back together afterwards is a job for a
three-armed monkey! Good luck!

"Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> There I was ... stomping hard right ... chaff & flares going like
> crazy ... when *PLINK!!* ... that SAM must've been closer than I
> thought!! Now I'm not normally the one to complain about damage
> modelling ...
>
> Does anyone have a spare spring for this venerable piece of kit?
>
> Not a huge part, so postage to sheep-shagging Kiwiland shouldn't be a
> problem!
>
> Adamski.

I have a Thrustmaster Rudder spring in Australia, email me and we will work
something out.

On Sat, 21 May 2005 02:27:59 GMT, L'acrobat wrote:

>"Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> There I was ... stomping hard right ... chaff & flares going like
>> crazy ... when *PLINK!!* ... that SAM must've been closer than I
>> thought!! Now I'm not normally the one to complain about damage
>> modelling ...
>>
>> Does anyone have a spare spring for this venerable piece of kit?
>>
>> Not a huge part, so postage to sheep-shagging Kiwiland shouldn't be a
>> problem!
>>
>> Adamski.
>

>I have a Thrustmaster Rudder spring in Australia, email me and we will work
>something out.

You're a gentleman, Sir! ... You have mail!

Adamski.