FA: Marantz PMD-340 Cassette Player/Recorder

Last response: in Home Audio
October 24, 2004 7:44:08 PM

I have a Marantz PMD-340 cassette player for auction on eBay.

The URL with pictures is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...

and the description is

This is a pro-quality Marantz PMD-340 battery or AC cassette deck with Dolby
noise reduction. Seems Marantz also has a PMD-340 CD player (go figure) but
this is the cassette deck with the same model number. I bought it many years
ago to record Dead concerts, did that a couple of times, then decided to just
buy the tapes so this got put on a shelf. Needs new belts to run correctly, so
am selling "as is" for parts or restoration. Comes with carrying strap and very
short AC cord.

Closes October 31, 2004.

Thank you.
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 7:44:09 PM

> This is a pro-quality Marantz PMD-340 battery or AC cassette deck with Dolby
> noise reduction. Seems Marantz also has a PMD-340 CD player (go figure) but
> this is the cassette deck with the same model number.

Are you sure it's not a PMD-430? That was / is their portable stereo
cassette machine. I sold a brand new one, below dealer cost, a couple of
years ago.

I your number is correct, is it from the '80's?
!