Non availability 20ms HyDis Panel

EasterEEL1

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2004
The reviews by THG of the Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 17" and the Hercules ProphetView 920 Pro DVI 17" TFT screen suggest these units are highly desirable especially for games players.

However in the UK the situation is far from satisfactory.

The Hercules ProphetView 920 Pro DVI 17” is currently unobtainable anywhere in the UK. Since Christmas I tried to source this product without success. Sites that do purport to hold stock actually cannot guarantee a delivery date. If anybody knows different please point me in the right direction.

The Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 17" I received from MicroDirect is not as specified on the MicroDirect or Hyundai web sites. The DVI menu does not offer Hue or Flesh control as mentioned in the spec or THG review. This has been verifed by other recent purchasers. I am certain it in not using the 20ms HyDis Panel but possibly a 16ms AU Optronics panel? To be fair I am impressed with the monitor/stand, but there is a price premium compared to other 16ms screens.

I received a response from Hyundai (Germany) indicating they do not really know the state of affairs. If there is a supply problem with the Hydis panel, then surely Hercules and Hyundai need to come clean and clarify the situation. It seems to me the THG reviews should be updated to highlight the situation, especially given the premium price the Hyundai model commands (BenQ and Iiyama both have 16ms models 15% £50 cheaper).

regards....Roger

Jo3y

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2004
Hi,
I've been looking for a prophetview 920 along with everyone else on this board. I rang overclockers.co.uk today and they told me that Hercules had had a disagreement with the panel manufacturers (hydis or hyundai) and they were unsure when the 920 will become available again if at all.

If you are looking for the Q17 with DVI then overclockers.co.uk have it in stock, thinking of ordering one myself but i don't think they look as good as the hercules 920.

Can anyone recommend any alternatives, I've looked at the Iiyama E431S but I'm unsure if the panel is made by hydis and I can't find any info on the web?? any suggestions?? maybe the Viewsonic VP171B Pro??