MN-700 and Windows Server 2003

Last response: in Networking
May 6, 2004 10:14:49 PM

Hello, I've bought the MN-700 Wireless-G Base Station and
I want to know if I can use it with a computer running
Windows Server 2003. Is that possible? How to do it? I did
not found any information about within the User's Guide.
Thanks
LH
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 1:13:30 AM

Windows from XP and up has native support for wireless
connectivity. Install your base and your wireless NIC and
the prompts should walk you through from there.

Anonymous
May 7, 2004 1:25:05 AM

You need to set up the base station using a different computer, Leon. The
base station is only supported on Microsoft Windows® 98, Windows 98 SE,
Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows 2000* Professional, Windows
XP Professional, or Windows XP Home Edition operating systems. You can,
however, connect with an Ethernet cable from Windows Server 2003 as a LAN
connection.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Leon Herszon" <leon.herszon@iil.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I've bought the MN-700 Wireless-G Base Station and
> I want to know if I can use it with a computer running
> Windows Server 2003. Is that possible? How to do it? I did
> not found any information about within the User's Guide.
> Thanks
> LH
May 7, 2004 1:33:39 AM

Question:
How is the base stations functionality/compatibility
affected by the operating system. We're talking about a
connectivity protocol, not an installed software package.

Does it not make sense that if win2k3 supported wireless
that it woul be able to communicate? The MS base station
software is not needed.

Anonymous
May 7, 2004 9:23:21 AM

1. you can configure the base station manually for server 2003 - open
web browser and go to 192.168.2.1 password is admin

2. the wireless 720 and 730 work with server 2003. if you want to use
WPA you will have to wait for server 2003 SP1 (haven't tried the USB
710 on the server yet)

and for anyone else that is interested, the 720 works with the Winhec
longhord build.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist