sidewinder 3d pro and xp

Last response: in Video Games
May 18, 2005 7:27:48 PM

Has anyone been able to get the buttons in the base to work in Windows XP ?

More about : sidewinder pro

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 12:06:17 PM

"Howard Denison" <hdenison@wmis.net> wrote in message

> Has anyone been able to get the buttons in the base to work in Windows XP
> ?

Yes, both with the standard windows game controller software and the
Sidewinder 4.0 software.

--
Toosmoky
Ride the Penguin...

In article <428bbc86@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim, toosmoky@hotmail.com says...
> "Howard Denison" <hdenison@wmis.net> wrote in message
>
> > Has anyone been able to get the buttons in the base to work in Windows XP
> > ?
>
> Yes, both with the standard windows game controller software and the
> Sidewinder 4.0 software.

If you're talking about the profiler software, I thought that wasn't
able to work in XP, at least according to MS people.
--
de Jack N2MPU FN20
Modeling the NYC and NYNH&H in HO and CP Rail and D&H in N

On Sat, 21 May 2005 23:30:01 -0400, Jack <seesig@file.com> wrote:

>In article <428bbc86@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, in
>comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim, toosmoky@hotmail.com says...
>> "Howard Denison" <hdenison@wmis.net> wrote in message
>>
>> > Has anyone been able to get the buttons in the base to work in Windows XP
>> > ?
>>
>> Yes, both with the standard windows game controller software and the
>> Sidewinder 4.0 software.
>>

>If you're talking about the profiler software, I thought that wasn't
>able to work in XP, at least according to MS people.

Not under SP2 no it breaks

Works ok under SP1a though
July 8, 2005 6:18:13 AM

Interesting...I have a Sidewinder FF and it works under SP2 with XP's
drivers. Just plug in and in hte joystick control panel select Autodetect
Sidewinder, and it picks it all up ...no prob.

Redbrick...who Loves his CLK

In article <35vb91d1hm9e3eveor5htp9unb75f88va7@4ax.com>, dratI@forgot.com
says...

!