sidewinder 3d pro and xp

Has anyone been able to get the buttons in the base to work in Windows XP ?
4 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Howard Denison" <hdenison@wmis.net> wrote in message

    > Has anyone been able to get the buttons in the base to work in Windows XP
    > ?

    Yes, both with the standard windows game controller software and the
    Sidewinder 4.0 software.

    --
    Toosmoky
    Ride the Penguin...

    In article <428bbc86@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, in
    comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim, toosmoky@hotmail.com says...
    > "Howard Denison" <hdenison@wmis.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > Has anyone been able to get the buttons in the base to work in Windows XP
    > > ?
    >
    > Yes, both with the standard windows game controller software and the
    > Sidewinder 4.0 software.

    If you're talking about the profiler software, I thought that wasn't
    able to work in XP, at least according to MS people.
    --
    de Jack N2MPU FN20
    Modeling the NYC and NYNH&H in HO and CP Rail and D&H in N

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 23:30:01 -0400, Jack <seesig@file.com> wrote:

    >In article <428bbc86@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, in
    >comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim, toosmoky@hotmail.com says...
    >> "Howard Denison" <hdenison@wmis.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > Has anyone been able to get the buttons in the base to work in Windows XP
    >> > ?
    >>
    >> Yes, both with the standard windows game controller software and the
    >> Sidewinder 4.0 software.
    >>

    >If you're talking about the profiler software, I thought that wasn't
    >able to work in XP, at least according to MS people.

    Not under SP2 no it breaks

    Works ok under SP1a though
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Interesting...I have a Sidewinder FF and it works under SP2 with XP's
    drivers. Just plug in and in hte joystick control panel select Autodetect
    Sidewinder, and it picks it all up ...no prob.

    Redbrick...who Loves his CLK

    In article <35vb91d1hm9e3eveor5htp9unb75f88va7@4ax.com>, dratI@forgot.com
    says...

    >On Sat, 21 May 2005 23:30:01 -0400, Jack <seesig@file.com> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <428bbc86@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, in
    >>comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim, toosmoky@hotmail.com says...

    XP

    >>> Yes, both with the standard windows game controller software and the
    >>> Sidewinder 4.0 software.
    >>>

    >>If you're talking about the profiler software, I thought that wasn't
    >>able to work in XP, at least according to MS people.
    >
    >Not under SP2 no it breaks
    >
    >Works ok under SP1a though

PC gaming Windows XP Games IBM 3D Video Games