V505 vs V551

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
December 18, 2004 4:59:43 PM

I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.

More about : v505 v551

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 8:23:27 PM

Thanks for the info, are there any v505 shortcomings that the v551
fixes?
Anonymous
December 19, 2004 1:13:37 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <1103407183.909951.156810@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 18 Dec 2004
13:59:43 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:

>I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
>anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
>so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
>me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.

The V551 has video and EDGE high-speed data.

December 19, 2004 5:39:58 AM

If you don't need video and the hi speed edge, the 505 is a great
phone. I have one, which replaced my T721, and it works like a
champ! bluetooth works perfectly, and I was surprised how well
the camera works. Considering it's a puny camera, it does amazingly
well!

On 18 Dec 2004 13:59:43 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:

>I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
>anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
>so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
>me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.
Anonymous
December 19, 2004 11:26:01 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <1103419407.778285.254120@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> on 18 Dec 2004
17:23:27 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:

>Thanks for the info, are there any v505 shortcomings that the v551
>fixes?

No.

December 23, 2004 9:14:37 PM

I have the V551 and it works well so far. If you are going to purchase
a new phone check out www.wirefly.com or www.letstalk.com. You can't
beat their deals.

On 18 Dec 2004 13:59:43 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:

>I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
>anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
>so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
>me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 11:45:10 PM

Cheaper direct from Motorola.

In <hl2ms0hgmkd1q0ca8fkf6q98ok1u03obkv@4ax.com> on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:14:37
GMT, Dave <theend@t0d.net> wrote:

>I have the V551 and it works well so far. If you are going to purchase
>a new phone check out www.wirefly.com or www.letstalk.com. You can't
>beat their deals.
>
>On 18 Dec 2004 13:59:43 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:
>
>>I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
>>anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
>>so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
>>me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.

December 30, 2004 8:15:45 PM

I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 3:06:18 AM

njacobs1966@aol.com wrote:
> I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
> and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
> anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal

v551 has EDGE. It also takes videos. I think the v505 only played
them, but I could be wrong.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 9:35:05 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <1104455745.791162.206690@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> on 30 Dec 2004
17:15:45 -0800, njacobs1966@aol.com wrote:

>I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
>and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
>anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal

V551

January 4, 2005 12:15:02 AM

Neal:

I don't know anyone with a v505, but I have to side with John here. I
love my v551, and quite frankly, I don't know what it is with the main
complaint on the v551 - battery life. I'm really not charging it any
more often than my old T720.

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:35:05 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <1104455745.791162.206690@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> on 30 Dec 2004
>17:15:45 -0800, njacobs1966@aol.com wrote:
>
>>I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
>>and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
>>anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal
>
>V551
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 3:30:12 AM

finish@line.com wrote:
> Neal:
>
> I don't know anyone with a v505, but I have to side with John here. I
> love my v551, and quite frankly, I don't know what it is with the main
> complaint on the v551 - battery life. I'm really not charging it any
> more often than my old T720.

I found killing the battery a few times as the manual suggests did seem
to make it perform better.

!