V505 vs V551

I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.
11 answers Last reply
More about v505 v551

    Thanks for the info, are there any v505 shortcomings that the v551
    fixes?

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <1103407183.909951.156810@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 18 Dec 2004
    13:59:43 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:

    >I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
    >anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
    >so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
    >me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.

    The V551 has video and EDGE high-speed data.

    If you don't need video and the hi speed edge, the 505 is a great
    phone. I have one, which replaced my T721, and it works like a
    champ! bluetooth works perfectly, and I was surprised how well
    the camera works. Considering it's a puny camera, it does amazingly
    well!

    In <1103419407.778285.254120@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> on 18 Dec 2004
    17:23:27 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:

    >Thanks for the info, are there any v505 shortcomings that the v551
    >fixes?

    No.

    I have the V551 and it works well so far. If you are going to purchase
    a new phone check out www.wirefly.com or www.letstalk.com. You can't
    beat their deals.

    On 18 Dec 2004 13:59:43 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:

    >I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
    >anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
    >so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
    >me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.

    Cheaper direct from Motorola.

    In <hl2ms0hgmkd1q0ca8fkf6q98ok1u03obkv@4ax.com> on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:14:37
    GMT, Dave <theend@t0d.net> wrote:

    >I have the V551 and it works well so far. If you are going to purchase
    >a new phone check out www.wirefly.com or www.letstalk.com. You can't
    >beat their deals.
    >
    >On 18 Dec 2004 13:59:43 -0800, saeaster@verizon.net wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking at purchasing a V505 ($39.99) or a V551($79.99). Can
    >>anyone tell me if there are differences between the two phones, and if
    >>so what are they? So far no one at AT&T/Cingular has been able to tell
    >>me if there is a difference or not. Thanks for you thoughts.

    I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
    and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
    anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal

    njacobs1966@aol.com wrote:
    > I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
    > and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
    > anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal

    v551 has EDGE. It also takes videos. I think the v505 only played
    them, but I could be wrong.

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <1104455745.791162.206690@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> on 30 Dec 2004
    17:15:45 -0800, njacobs1966@aol.com wrote:

    >I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
    >and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
    >anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal

    V551

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Neal:

    I don't know anyone with a v505, but I have to side with John here. I
    love my v551, and quite frankly, I don't know what it is with the main
    complaint on the v551 - battery life. I'm really not charging it any
    more often than my old T720.

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:35:05 GMT, John Navas
    <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

    >[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    >In <1104455745.791162.206690@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> on 30 Dec 2004
    >17:15:45 -0800, njacobs1966@aol.com wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
    >>and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
    >>anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal
    >
    >V551
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    finish@line.com wrote:
    > Neal:
    >
    > I don't know anyone with a v505, but I have to side with John here. I
    > love my v551, and quite frankly, I don't know what it is with the main
    > complaint on the v551 - battery life. I'm really not charging it any
    > more often than my old T720.

    I found killing the battery a few times as the manual suggests did seem
    to make it perform better.

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:35:05 GMT, John Navas
    > <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
    >

    >>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >>In <1104455745.791162.206690@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> on 30 Dec 2004
    >>17:15:45 -0800, njacobs1966@aol.com wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm looking at the same 2 phones. I have a government employee rate,
    >>>and Cingular is offering the v505 for $79.99. The v551 is 74.99. Can
    >>>anyone tip the scale in favor of one over the other? Thanks. Neal
    >>
    >>V551

Motorola