Sign in with
Your question

Audigy 2 & EA's F1 2002 problems...

Last response: in Components
October 30, 2002 6:36:34 AM

I installed the Creative Labs Audigy 2 sound card and go to execute EA's F1 2002 and I get the following Error message:

"A debugger has been detected"
"Unload the Debugger and try again"

The only difference in my system was changing from the Audigy Gamer to the Audigy 2 Platinum. Further digging using MSCONFIG.EXE and I discover that the AUDIGY.EXE that loads automatically is the cause of the above error. If I uncheck/disable the AUDIGY.EXE then I don't get the above error.

I'm not sure who is a fault with this problem, but neither Creative Labs knowledge base/support seem to have any clue that it exists nor does EA support.

The drivers/software provided by EA apparently are NOT WHQ certified and they have no release schedule of when they will have certified drivers.

Is anyone else having this problem with their Audigy 2?

Rob.

More about : audigy 2002 problems

October 31, 2002 2:27:55 PM

Quote:
The drivers/software provided by EA apparently are NOT WHQ certified and they have no release schedule of when they will have certified drivers.

Huh? EA doesnt make hardware so no drivers...
Are you saying the shipping Audigy 2 drivers are NOT WHQL certified?
Anywho, if i get what yer saying right, no one knows what the exectuable audigy.exe does.... when you DONT load it and then run F1 does the sound still work properly in 3d? Have you noticed this problem with any other games?

Interested in more info here, i love the EA F1 games...

Windows is like a house of cards... One wrong move and it all comes crashing down.
November 1, 2002 3:20:31 PM

Oops, sorry, meant to say Drivers provided by Creative Labs for the Audigy 2 are NOT WHQ certificed by Microsoft. The sound in EA's F1 2002 seems to work fine without the Audigy.exe being loaded.
!