Sign in with
Your question

Best protection for windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
February 14, 2010 9:11:23 AM

My norton internet protection ends soon, and would like to know any recommendations for the best free antivirus etc programs there are. From what i have seen, the top 3 seem to be avira, avg and avast. Can anyone recommend any programs for antivirus, spyware etc...

More about : protection windows

February 14, 2010 9:35:51 AM

1)Microsoft Security Essentials
2)Avira personal edition for home use
These are two of the best free antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials is anti-malware also) softwares. Moreover they don't slow down your system at all. I have personally used both for more than two years tested them on more than 200( Yes Two Hundred!) known & unknown infectious files & never had a problem!
Though the old saying is always true...
"A Computer Is As Safe As The User Is..."
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 14, 2010 2:08:00 PM

The free versions are pretty good but there are also "almost free" versions which have more features and require less attention from the user.

Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite is $39.95 for 3 users or $13.32 each. Been using it for most of this millenium and is a true "set it and forget it" utility consisting of the Zone Alarm firewall, Kapersky AV and AntiMalware as well as other utilities.

Another one is F-Prot, a long standing favorite of Compuserve wizops and sysops all the way back to the day when 2400 baud was considered a major upgrade. Costs $29.95 for 5 users or $5.99 a pop. Clubs can also get together and buy group licenses ..... my professional society for example provides free AV fom F-Prot to all its members .... costs us about $3 per user.
m
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a c 395 $ Windows 7
a b è Antivirus
February 14, 2010 3:20:47 PM

avira free,malwarebytes free,pctools firewall plus free!and ccleaner for a good free
cleaner for windows and registry!
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2010 6:20:27 AM

Download & Install the following 3 freewares. It forms a free complete security suite for your system!
1. Avira Anvivir - http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html .
Avira has very good internet security, real time updates, great overall protection.

2. Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org/ .
Malwarebytes is one of the best malware scanners.

3. Ccleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download .
Ccleaner is a great all purpose tool. The most useful tool is probably the registry cleaner.

The Best Security combo for all types of systems.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2010 11:27:49 AM

I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials for a while now, and I highly recommend it, especially for Windows 7.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a c 395 $ Windows 7
a b è Antivirus
February 15, 2010 2:59:29 PM

i already said that saran
m
l
February 15, 2010 3:14:44 PM

Last time I ran Ccleaner, it cleared all of my auto-logins for every site even though I told it only to remove tracking cookies/tempt files/bad registry. gahhh that made for a crappy day.
m
l
!