Falcon 4.0 Aliied Force: New Dev Notes on the Campaign

Last response: in Video Games
May 24, 2005 2:12:07 PM

I'm extremely pleased with what they have done... can't WAIT to get
it!

http://www.lead-pursuit.com/CA_01.htm

Icer
May 24, 2005 4:15:02 PM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:12:07 -0400, G. Patricks
<GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote:

>I'm extremely pleased with what they have done... can't WAIT to get
>it!
>
>http://www.lead-pursuit.com/CA_01.htm
>
>Icer

It's on my buy list.
May 24, 2005 4:25:01 PM

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> I'm extremely pleased with what they have done... can't WAIT to get
> it!
>
> http://www.lead-pursuit.com/CA_01.htm
>
> Icer

Well, I'm extremely pleased with what they've *said* they've done/will
happen, etc. But until it's released and I see it............especially
when it comes to F4. The other day, I was re-reading the pre-release
interviews for the 1998 F4..............whew, about 180 off the actual
release.

Having said that, already have this pre-ordered.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 11:50:42 PM

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> I'm extremely pleased with what they have done... can't WAIT to get
> it!
>
> http://www.lead-pursuit.com/CA_01.htm
>
> Icer

I have it pre-ordered. When it comes out can I count on you to be my tutor?
:-)
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 11:50:43 PM

J -
Always more than happy to fly F4 with you, just don't think your
schedule has "my" free time slots available!

For that matter you should be learning F4 now, its not going to be a
lot different for the weapon and flight basics, of that i'm sure! The
campaign operation and some new things are coming, but better to learn
them after I would think...

Icer

>On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:50:42 GMT, "James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>> I'm extremely pleased with what they have done... can't WAIT to get
>> it!
>>
>> http://www.lead-pursuit.com/CA_01.htm
>>
>> Icer
>
>I have it pre-ordered. When it comes out can I count on you to be my tutor?
>:-)

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 3:06:46 AM

I remember when I first tried to learn Falcon 4. The learning curve is very
steep and it actually put me off it for a few years. But then I perservered
and Im glad I did as it was a brilliant game. In fact I played it for
several years after that I seem to remember. Eventually got a bit fed up
with the lack of real wingman AI though especially in the target bombing.
You could never really rely on them for any of the airfield bombing (other
than runways as they always dropped ordinance on the runways no matter what
they were carrying) and you never really knew what they were going to bomb
on other targets. But this looks all set to change in the new release. So Im
looking forward to it. And I think the new campaign will add new life to the
game. I got a bit fed up with the Korean campaigns even though they were
very good. I could never get the Balkans campaign to work on my computer for
some reason. So if its a stable as they say it is it will be great to see at
long last.
Nats

>J -
> Always more than happy to fly F4 with you, just don't think your
> schedule has "my" free time slots available!
>
> For that matter you should be learning F4 now, its not going to be a
> lot different for the weapon and flight basics, of that i'm sure! The
> campaign operation and some new things are coming, but better to learn
> them after I would think...
>
> Icer
>
>>On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:50:42 GMT, "James Calivar"
>><amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm extremely pleased with what they have done... can't WAIT to get
>>> it!
>>>
>>> http://www.lead-pursuit.com/CA_01.htm
>>>
>>> Icer
>>
>>I have it pre-ordered. When it comes out can I count on you to be my
>>tutor?
>>:-)

May 25, 2005 3:06:47 AM

"Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 708hi$7t5$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I remember when I first tried to learn Falcon 4. The learning curve is
very
> steep and it actually put me off it for a few years. But then I
perservered
> and Im glad I did as it was a brilliant game. In fact I played it for
> several years after that I seem to remember. Eventually got a bit fed up
> with the lack of real wingman AI though especially in the target bombing.
> You could never really rely on them for any of the airfield bombing (other
> than runways as they always dropped ordinance on the runways no matter
what
> they were carrying) and you never really knew what they were going to bomb
> on other targets. But this looks all set to change in the new release. So
Im
> looking forward to it. And I think the new campaign will add new life to
the
> game. I got a bit fed up with the Korean campaigns even though they were
> very good. I could never get the Balkans campaign to work on my computer
for
> some reason. So if its a stable as they say it is it will be great to see
at
> long last.
> Nats

AI wingmen work great here. What was the last version you tried ?
May 25, 2005 2:17:54 PM

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> I'm extremely pleased with what they have done... can't WAIT to get
> it!
>
> http://www.lead-pursuit.com/CA_01.htm
>
> Icer

I probably will get it, but fear that I simply wont have the time to learn
all the ins and outs. So I may wait to see if they include any easy options.
Real life is really cutting into my simtime these days :-(
May 25, 2005 2:17:55 PM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:17:54 +1200, "rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>I probably will get it, but fear that I simply wont have the time to learn
>all the ins and outs. So I may wait to see if they include any easy options.
>Real life is really cutting into my simtime these days :-(

F4.0 has always had easy options.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 2:17:55 PM

"rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> "G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>> I'm extremely pleased with what they have done... can't WAIT to get
>> it!
>>
>> http://www.lead-pursuit.com/CA_01.htm
>>
>> Icer
>
> I probably will get it, but fear that I simply wont have the time to learn
> all the ins and outs. So I may wait to see if they include any easy
> options.
> Real life is really cutting into my simtime these days :-(

Yeah, join the crowd. If I could only dump my wife, kids and job I'd be a
happy man!

JAmes
!