I cant find my wireless network i can see other wireless networks

G

i am on a ADVENT 7201 running on windows vista my internet modem is a speedtouch simple really i cant see my internet name when trying to connect wireless i'm having to use Ethernet cable and gets quite annoying and frustrating

bam1340

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
i am on a ADVENT 7201 running on windows vista my internet modem is a speedtouch simple really i cant see my internet name when trying to connect wireless i'm having to use Ethernet cable and gets quite annoying and frustrating

try checking ur router i had this issue when i got my new router it had a stupid little button on it to turn the wireless signal on/off and if u dont have that go into ur router and make sure ur wireless signal is turned on

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Use the details in our Sticky Post on how to find and change your wireless security key by looking at the settings in your router to change the name of the network - the SSID - to something unique to you. It's possible there's more than one Speedtouch 580 or whatever in your street.

While you're in there, change the security key as well and go for the highest level - WPA2.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/38111-43-find-change-wireless-security

Please post back if you need more help.

G

no i have 2 other laptop's and 3 ps3 that can connect to it just not this one ???