Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sleep Mode

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Sleep Mode
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
May 15, 2012 7:53:23 PM

I have gone to many forums and other sites asking similar questions, but none seem to give a solution to my problem.
I don't know if I changed anything, but Windows 7 x64 Home Premium won't sleep. I have tried fiddling around with the power settings but still the problem persists.

Rig:
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Intel Core i7 2600k @4.4GHz
8GB RAM (XMP)
Variety of HDDs (none are set to wake computer)

More about : sleep mode

a b $ Windows 7
May 15, 2012 8:00:21 PM

please explain further. wont sleep or wont wake up?

I have seen several instances of motherboard settings preventing the wake-up/sleep. have you updated the BIOS and checked for issues with your board
m
0
l
May 15, 2012 8:03:27 PM

BIOS is updated to the latest firmware (unknown, but just did a BIOS update check), and it won't sleep. I click sleep and the monitor turns off, then immediately turns on again to the desktop. The fans in the computer don't turn off or even slow down.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 15, 2012 8:06:55 PM

I know you probably prefer sleep (I do) but any luck with hibernate? wondering if its an issue suspending things, or sleep itself.

What if you set if to sleep on a timer and are no where near it
m
0
l
May 15, 2012 8:19:25 PM

unksol said:
I know you probably prefer sleep (I do) but any luck with hibernate? wondering if its an issue suspending things, or sleep itself.

What if you set if to sleep on a timer and are no where near it

Hibernate does not work either, same issue. There is no sleep timer set, and I have set one in the past to try and resolve the issue, when the timer is reached, it does the same thing, except the monitor stays off, but all the components stay running.
m
0
l
a c 204 $ Windows 7
May 15, 2012 8:26:50 PM

did you try a full virus scan without the network to see if you did not get something that keep your computer awaike to serve for someone else or uplug the net and close to see if it restart
m
0
l
May 15, 2012 8:34:46 PM

scout_03 said:
did you try a full virus scan without the network to see if you did not get something that keep your computer awaike to serve for someone else or uplug the net and close to see if it restart

Restarts and shuts off fine, anti-virus reported no serious threats, although I will try another scan without network.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 15, 2012 8:37:09 PM

locomoco321 said:
Restarts and shuts off fine, anti-virus reported no serious threats, although I will try another scan without network.


maybe try sleep without network or wake on LAN disabled? could disable keyboard and mouse one at a time. probably not the issue. but.
m
0
l
May 15, 2012 8:40:35 PM

unksol said:
maybe try sleep without network or wake on LAN disabled? could disable keyboard and mouse one at a time. probably not the issue. but.

No luck, unfortunately :( 
m
0
l
a c 204 $ Windows 7
May 15, 2012 8:45:09 PM

what are the bois/efi setting for the power on this mobo
m
0
l
May 15, 2012 8:58:52 PM

scout_03 said:
what are the bois/efi setting for the power on this mobo

Just restored to default, problem persists (couldn't find these settings)
m
0
l
a c 204 $ Windows 7
May 15, 2012 9:22:22 PM

the page 3-24 for power settings motherboard manual
m
0
l
!