Getting Java Games - the programs

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
December 21, 2004 12:22:49 PM

Ok, I've done something totally unscrupulous and have created an
account on Motclub where you can download the necessary programs. I
read zero Spanish but I'm learning quickly.

Go to www.motclub.com and it will redirect you to the correct site.
Scroll down the page and on the left column you will see Nick and a
textbox. Enter nguser. For the password (Spanish is Contraseña I
guess) enter picasso. Press Login. On the next screen, the menu item
you want is the second from the left, Descargas (downloads). Next
choose Programas. You want JadGen, Midway, and PST. Once you have all
three, click the last item under Principal (Tu Cuenta) which is user
account, and the rightmost icon is the logout. Do that because I think
quite a few of you want to use this. Please do not abuse the site.

Remember that you must have USB drivers installed already, which
either come from Motorola Phone Tools or P2KMan.

Ok, now that you have the programs, here is what do. Note that the
programs you got are upgraded a bit so are a bit different. I found
JadGen very weird. When you start it up, it immediately minimizes
itself. Bring it back up and it is a one line program. You must type
in the entire path where the .Jar file is located. You can't drag and
drop. Then press Generate (I think) and the .Jad file appears and
JadGen goes away. Some odd programming there but it works.

The PST program works differently than specified below. I'm don't
recall the exact operation but I think you go to a menu item to
activate the app loader, rather than the READ FROMPHONE thing but
you'll find it. In Midway, keep trying comports until you get the
right one. Mine was COM6.

Ok, I expect feedback on success, failure, and location of good games.
If this was a forum, instead of a newsgroup, I'd make this a sticky.

Games via USB CABLE
Software Needed:
PST 6.7
Midway 2.8
JAD Generator
http://www.motclub.com/
There are 2 steps needed for this.
1) Enable JAVA APP LOADER in the Java menu (PST 6.7)
2) Midway to upload the game to phone
PST 6.7 (used to enable Java APP loader menu)
1. download PST 6.7+ and load up the program with the phone already
plugged in via USB cable.
2. Select NEW, then KJava Files
3. Click READ FROMPHONE (picture of a arrow POINTING AWAY from the
phone)
4. Now that box should have the"Enable/Disable Java APP menu", CLICK
ENABLE!!
5. It should bring up a message stating it will be putting it into
suspend mode, and then say "Changing JAVA APP MENU ITEM"

Finished, now check YOUR PHONE, in SETTINGS > JAVA SETTINGS and see if
you now have the JAVA APP LOADER in your Java menu.
IF SO PROCEED TO NEXT STEP!

MIDWAY 2.8(used to upload games)
1. Go to the NEW Java App Loader in your java menu and select it, It
should SAY "INSERT DATA CABLE"
2. Insert Data cable
3. Open up MIDWAY, Find correct COM PORT
4. Find the game's .JAD file
5. If everything went well you could then press "SEND JAD", then it
send it to your phone.
6. Now look at your phone, and it should say, download, download it
and if everything went well it will install.
(Games come in .JAR format, and sometimes comes with accompanied .JAD
file. What a .JAD file is basically a URL file to tell where the game
is located. You can open any .JAD file with NOTEPAD to edit. MY
SUGGESTION is to get a program called JAD GENERATOR)

More about : java games programs

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 7:31:49 PM

You 'da MAN!

"dgk" <sonicechoes-spamless@hot-nospamp-mail.com> wrote in message
news:o sags057tksifuu20ec9iabskprl6n6m53@4ax.com...
> [...]
> you now have the JAVA APP LOADER in your Java menu.
> IF SO PROCEED TO NEXT STEP!
>
> MIDWAY 2.8(used to upload games)
> 1. Go to the NEW Java App Loader in your java menu and select it, It
> should SAY "INSERT DATA CABLE"
> 2. Insert Data cable
> 3. Open up MIDWAY, Find correct COM PORT
> 4. Find the game's .JAD file
> 5. If everything went well you could then press "SEND JAD", then it
> send it to your phone.
> 6. Now look at your phone, and it should say, download, download it
> and if everything went well it will install.
> (Games come in .JAR format, and sometimes comes with accompanied .JAD
> file. What a .JAD file is basically a URL file to tell where the game
> is located. You can open any .JAD file with NOTEPAD to edit. MY
> SUGGESTION is to get a program called JAD GENERATOR)

December 21, 2004 10:35:05 PM

> Ok, I've done something totally unscrupulous <snip>

Cheers - I might be able to make these available after the account gets
zapped too ;-)

Do you know if its possible to upload games via bluetooth using these
apps to a V600 ?

Cheers

December 21, 2004 10:35:06 PM

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:35:05 -0000, Colin Wilson <void@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>> Ok, I've done something totally unscrupulous <snip>
>
>Cheers - I might be able to make these available after the account gets
>zapped too ;-)
>
>Do you know if its possible to upload games via bluetooth using these
>apps to a V600 ?
>
>Cheers

I have no experience with bluetooth. I would think that it would work
in a simlar way. Hmm. But Midway requests a COM port so that might not
work so well.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 12:25:48 AM

> >Do you know if its possible to upload games via bluetooth using these
> >apps to a V600 ?
> I have no experience with bluetooth. I would think that it would work
> in a simlar way. Hmm. But Midway requests a COM port so that might not
> work so well.

OK thanks - i`ll give it a whirl sometime, i`ve got about 1600 of the
damn things sat on my PC :-}

December 28, 2004 6:08:04 AM

HI I TRIED TO LOG IN WITH UR nguser & picasso BUT NO LUCK BEING TRYING, ITS SEEMS NEAR BUT YET FAR
CAN U GIVE ME HOW TO GET INTO THE WWW.www.motclub.com
Thanks
FBI

December 28, 2004 5:19:02 PM

I have tried to log in this morning with no luck. I askes me to re-type the
user and pass.
Is the account closed??
Can someone else repost it. I have a web page that I may be able to store it
on.

Dale

> [...]
> you now have the JAVA APP LOADER in your Java menu.
> IF SO PROCEED TO NEXT STEP!
>
> MIDWAY 2.8(used to upload games)
> 1. Go to the NEW Java App Loader in your java menu and select it, It
> should SAY "INSERT DATA CABLE"
> 2. Insert Data cable
> 3. Open up MIDWAY, Find correct COM PORT
> 4. Find the game's .JAD file
> 5. If everything went well you could then press "SEND JAD", then it
> send it to your phone.
> 6. Now look at your phone, and it should say, download, download it
> and if everything went well it will install.
> (Games come in .JAR format, and sometimes comes with accompanied .JAD
> file. What a .JAD file is basically a URL file to tell where the game
> is located. You can open any .JAD file with NOTEPAD to edit. MY
> SUGGESTION is to get a program called JAD GENERATOR)

December 28, 2004 5:19:03 PM

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:19:02 +1030, "Dale" <dale@visualeyez.c*o*m.au>
wrote:

>I have tried to log in this morning with no luck. I askes me to re-type the
>user and pass.
>Is the account closed??
>Can someone else repost it. I have a web page that I may be able to store it
>on.
>
>Dale
It does indeed appear to be defunct. I wonder why. Oh well, just set
up your own account. It isn't too tough. Particularly if you speak
Spanish but I muddled through. Most of it is pretty obvious.
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 7:38:33 PM

No luck, tried new account too but SAD, is that site down, i think nothing is working even the JADgen is not giving in I have typed in the small window the placed where it is saved but JAD file is not coming on
Can some one plzzzz sign for me at www.motclub.com and give me the password I would be highly greatful as i hae no idea about Spanish language

PLzzzzzzzzzzz HELP
FBI

December 28, 2004 9:29:00 PM

ok i got through to motclub now tring to get into JADgen if someone can help plz do will b VERY greatful
FBI

December 28, 2004 9:47:07 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <df726dd4776b4a17b13379557b075655@CellPhoneKB.com> on Tue, 28 Dec 2004
16:38:33 GMT, "F I via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@CellPhoneKB.com> wrote:

>No luck, tried new account too but SAD, is that site down, i think nothing is working even the JADgen is not giving in I have typed in the small window the placed where it is saved but JAD file is not coming on
>Can some one plzzzz sign for me at www.motclub.com and give me the password I would be highly greatful as i hae no idea about Spanish language
>
>PLzzzzzzzzzzz HELP

Try the web page translation at Google.

December 28, 2004 10:21:34 PM

"Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> >Do you know if its possible to upload games via bluetooth using these
>> >apps to a V600 ?
>> I have no experience with bluetooth. I would think that it would work
>> in a simlar way. Hmm. But Midway requests a COM port so that might not
>> work so well.
>
> OK thanks - i`ll give it a whirl sometime, i`ve got about 1600 of the
> damn things sat on my PC :-}

Colin you don't need any apps at all to upload games to your V600 via Bluetooth. Activate "find me"
on the phone to make it discoverable, and then pair it with the PC you have the bluetooth on. If you
now go into My Bluetooth Places on the PC you'll find your phone listed. Open that up and you'll
find a few icons in there, one is called file_object_push. Simply drop your games onto that icon any
they will be sent to the phone and installed automatically. You don't even need a JAD just the JAR.
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 12:36:21 AM

> Colin you don't need any apps at all to upload games to your V600 via Bluetooth. Activate "find me"
> on the phone to make it discoverable, and then pair it with the PC you have the bluetooth on. If you
> now go into My Bluetooth Places on the PC you'll find your phone listed. Open that up and you'll
> find a few icons in there, one is called file_object_push. Simply drop your games onto that icon any
> they will be sent to the phone and installed automatically. You don't even need a JAD just the JAR.

Thanks for the info - I hadn`t actually got around to trying it, but have
now - not many of the games i`ve got actually work (most give application
error) but it`ll be interesting to find a few more to keep me busy :-)

December 29, 2004 1:01:42 AM

> Can someone else repost it. I have a web page that I may be able to store it
> on.

I`ve put them on ftp temporarily - you may not be able to connect all the
time (my machine is prone to crashing :-} ) but for now, try...

ftp to : phoenixbbs.ath.cx
login : hello
password : moto

Ignore any bible bashing server warnings - they're there to put off
casual port scanners - if you log in anonymously you only get religious
texts.

I'm not sure if these should be on general availability, so if I get
information to the contrary i`ll take the files down immediately -
wouldn`t want to step on anyones' toes :-)

December 29, 2004 2:45:48 AM

hey check this out

i made my own account on motclub.com or w/e and i downlaoded everything
but PST didnt work and i need help!can some1 PLZZ SEND ME THE PROGRAM to
my email

RHannosh213@yahoo.com

id be so grateful
thanx ppl

--
RHannosh213
http://cellphoneforums.net

Tried this with a v3 but no joy. There's an OBEX file push icon and I
dropped the game on that. It transferred and installed but no game
appeared anywhere.

"Geri" <reply@ddress.valid.not> wrote in message

> "Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> I have no experience with bluetooth. I would think that it would
>>> work
>>> in a simlar way. Hmm. But Midway requests a COM port so that might
>>> not
>>> work so well.
>>
>> OK thanks - i`ll give it a whirl sometime, i`ve got about 1600 of the
>> damn things sat on my PC :-}
>>
> Colin you don't need any apps at all to upload games to your V600 via
> Bluetooth. Activate "find me" on the phone to make it discoverable,
> and then pair it with the PC you have the bluetooth on. If you now go
> into My Bluetooth Places on the PC you'll find your phone listed. Open
> that up and you'll find a few icons in there, one is called
> file_object_push. Simply drop your games onto that icon any they will
> be sent to the phone and installed automatically. You don't even need
> a JAD just the JAR.
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 1:42:38 PM

Fantastic...... Worked a treat Colin..

Thanks heaps :)

Dale

>> Can someone else repost it. I have a web page that I may be able to store
>> it
>> on.
>
> I`ve put them on ftp temporarily - you may not be able to connect all the
> time (my machine is prone to crashing :-} ) but for now, try...
>
> ftp to : phoenixbbs.ath.cx
> login : hello
> password : moto
>
> Ignore any bible bashing server warnings - they're there to put off
> casual port scanners - if you log in anonymously you only get religious
> texts.
>
> I'm not sure if these should be on general availability, so if I get
> information to the contrary i`ll take the files down immediately -
> wouldn`t want to step on anyones' toes :-)
>
> --
> Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
> --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 2:06:06 PM

It works just fine on my V3. What version of Windows are you using? I am using Windows XP service
pack 2.

"BruceR" <bruceNO@SPAMwhoever.com> wrote in message
> Tried this with a v3 but no joy. There's an OBEX file push icon and I dropped the game on that. It
> transferred and installed but no game appeared anywhere.
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 2:18:42 PM

Try here for a few more. these will be available for a day or two. You can also get these from Vxxx
forums http://vxxxstuff.com

addy 82.34.131.100
login hello
pass moto

"Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone else repost it. I have a web page that I may be able to store it
>> on.
>
> I`ve put them on ftp temporarily - you may not be able to connect all the
> time (my machine is prone to crashing :-} ) but for now, try...
>
> ftp to : phoenixbbs.ath.cx
> login : hello
> password : moto
>
> Ignore any bible bashing server warnings - they're there to put off
> casual port scanners - if you log in anonymously you only get religious
> texts.
>
> I'm not sure if these should be on general availability, so if I get
> information to the contrary i`ll take the files down immediately -
> wouldn`t want to step on anyones' toes :-)
>
> --
> Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
> --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 11:30:49 PM

I'm using XP SP2 as well. The problem seems to be in the phone. Do you
drop it on the "OBEX Push" icon or somewhere else? I downloads and
installs but never shows up under games (or anywhere else).

From:Geri
reply@ddress.valid.not

> It works just fine on my V3. What version of Windows are you using? I
> am using Windows XP service pack 2.
>
> "BruceR" <bruceNO@SPAMwhoever.com> wrote in message
>> Tried this with a v3 but no joy. There's an OBEX file push icon and
>> I dropped the game on that. It transferred and installed but no game
>> appeared anywhere.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 9:36:25 PM

With SP2 Bluetooth, use right-click context menu to Send to -> Bluetooth
device.