Anyone know what microphone Neil uses for his live shows?

I'm interested in what he uses for his vocal mic? I've seen lot's of
pics of it but I can't identify it.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
http://www.MusicIsLove.com
6 answers Last reply
More about anyone microphone neil live shows

    Mike Cressey wrote:

    > I'm interested in what he uses for his vocal mic? I've seen lot's of
    > pics of it but I can't identify it.

    There is ony _one_ "Neil" in the world? A last name maybe?

    FWIW, Fred Neil doesn't use a mic anymore, especially not live.

    --
    ha

    Sedaka?
    Diamond?
    Peart?
    Finn?
    Young?
    :-)

    > google@MusicIsLove.com (Mike Cressey)
    >I'm interested in what he uses for his vocal mic? I've seen lot's of
    >pics of it but I can't identify it.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Neil Young is a "Neumann Artist", he uses a KMS150.
    (Neil? Has he reached Cher and Madonna-hood now, no last name? )

    Will Miho
    NY Music & TV Audio Guy
    Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

    On 25 Oct 2004 10:59:33 -0700, google@MusicIsLove.com (Mike Cressey)
    wrote:

    >I'm interested in what he uses for his vocal mic? I've seen lot's of
    >pics of it but I can't identify it.

    I once saw Neil Diamond using an SM59...
    many years ago.

    ====================
    Tracy Wintermute
    arrgh@greenapple.com
    Rushcreek Ranch
    ====================

    Sorry about that guys - I forget that there is more than one Neil in
    the biz. Anyways it is indeed a Neumann KMS 150 which is over my
    budget.

    Anyone know whether the Neumann KMS 105 is a reasonable second?

    Mike
    http://www.MusicIsLove.com

    "WillStG" <willstg@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
    >> google@MusicIsLove.com (Mike Cressey)
    >>I'm interested in what he uses for his vocal mic? I've seen lot's of
    >>pics of it but I can't identify it.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Neil Young is a "Neumann Artist", he uses a KMS150.
    > (Neil? Has he reached Cher and Madonna-hood now, no last name? )

    Yep, he's reached that status. He's just Neil (but without the plastic
    surgery)

    Rik

Pro Audio Microphone Audio