Ashlee to perform tonight...who's gonna watch?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
October 25, 2004 6:20:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

Sorry to keep bringing this up and I know no one really cares, but I find
this stuff kinda interesting. It's the whole "kick 'em when they're down"
mentality.

I bet she's nervous as hell about this performance and being under a
microscope.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041025/ap...
Anonymous
October 25, 2004 6:20:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

It's all good publicity for her in the long run.

Al

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:20:26 -0400, "Snowdog" <drisp@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Sorry to keep bringing this up and I know no one really cares, but I find
>this stuff kinda interesting. It's the whole "kick 'em when they're down"
>mentality.
>
>I bet she's nervous as hell about this performance and being under a
>microscope.
>

>http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041025/ap...

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 8:00:31 PM

"play-on" <playonATomcast.net> wrote in message
> It's all good publicity for her in the long run.
>
> Al

You mean like how good it was for Millie Vanilli? Not all press is good
publicity.

Sam S.
October 25, 2004 8:00:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

Word Sam!

"Sam Savoca" <maxomega69@erols.com> wrote in message

> "play-on" <playonATomcast.net> wrote in message
>> It's all good publicity for her in the long run.
>>
>> Al
>
> You mean like how good it was for Millie Vanilli? Not all press is good
> publicity.
>
> Sam S.

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 9:51:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

> .....She was basically
> using the band to further her own career. Most likely she could have
> had any one of them replaced at any given moment.

Not to state the cold, hard, obvious truth, but that's kind of the
purpose of the band for, and prerogative of, a solo artist (term
used lightly in this case).

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com
mike@mikedrumsDOT.com

"Snowdog" <drisp@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Drbfd.42368$mn5.33081@bignews5.bellsouth.net>...
> Sorry to keep bringing this up and I know no one really cares, but I find
> this stuff kinda interesting. It's the whole "kick 'em when they're down"
> mentality.
>
> I bet she's nervous as hell about this performance and being under a
> microscope.
>

> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041025/ap...

Y'all think she'll have the balls to sing live, but with the auto-tune?

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 2:15:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:29:20 -0800, "Dan R H"
<danhertlein@comcast.net> wrote:

>Word Sam!
>
>"Sam Savoca" <maxomega69@erols.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "play-on" <playonATomcast.net> wrote in message
>>> It's all good publicity for her in the long run.
>>>
>>> Al
>>
>> You mean like how good it was for Millie Vanilli? Not all press is good
>> publicity.
>>
>> Sam S.

Also, that fact that she blamed her band for the mishap. That really
hurt her. I watched her show a couple of times. She was basically
using the band to further her own career. Most likely she could have
had any one of them replaced at any given moment.
Regards
Michael H. Fell
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 2:15:36 AM

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:15:35 GMT, mfell2112*NOSPAM*@yahoo.com wrote:

>She was basically
>using the band to further her own career.

??? Like that would be different than any other solo artist?

Al
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 6:02:41 AM

Jim Williams wrote:

> Y'all think she'll have the balls to sing live, but with the auto-tune?

Gotta love that bullshit from her daddy about everybody singing
nationally needing a guide track. I guess he confused her careeer with
with slot car racing.

Bring on Aretha.

--
ha
Anonymous

> Jim Williams wrote:
>
> > Y'all think she'll have the balls to sing live, but with the auto-tune?
>
> Gotta love that bullshit from her daddy about everybody singing
> nationally needing a guide track. I guess he confused her careeer with
> with slot car racing.

Damn, that's funny.

Glenn D.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 6:02:42 AM

"George Lawrence" <drumguru@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Wouldn't the smartest thing have been to lip sync with the wrong song
> until
> the sound engineers cut the vocal on the computer or stopped the track.and
> then fake a microphone malfunction?

That would have taken professionalism and experience, and since Ashlee
Vannilli's first (and hopefully last) gig was probably in 2004, well... I
think you see where I'm going with this.

CM
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 6:16:26 AM

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:02:41 GMT, walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich)
wrote:

>Bring on Aretha.

A perfect example of why lip-syncing is so fundamentally fricking
wrong. Aretha *could not* and *would not* lip-sync her part in the
Blues Brothers movie. And still stole show.

Chris Hornbeck
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 11:39:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

"play-on" <playonATomcast.net> wrote in message
> It's all good publicity for her in the long run.

I believe so to. I wasn't familiar with her CD so the first thing I did
after hearing the gaffe was pull it up and listen to it. I didn't care for
it (though I only listened to a couple of seconds of 2 songs) but a lot of
people I never would have thought would like it do. So I assume a bunch will
listen to the CD if nothing else than to compare and some of this will like
it. So this actually could make the general public even care less if people
lip sync (sad, but true). The general public isn't near as concerned about
this stuff as we are. It's just "product" to them.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 2:03:37 PM

mfell2112*NOSPAM*@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<1vuqn0loonmspp5ub4nqghoeq71oc6hcp3@4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:29:20 -0800, "Dan R H"
> <danhertlein@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Word Sam!
> >
> >"Sam Savoca" <maxomega69@erols.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "play-on" <playonATomcast.net> wrote in message

> >> You mean like how good it was for Millie Vanilli? Not all press is good
> >> publicity.
> >>
> >> Sam S.
> >>

> Also, that fact that she blamed her band for the mishap. That really
> hurt her. I watched her show a couple of times. She was basically
> using the band to further her own career. Most likely she could have
> had any one of them replaced at any given moment.
> Regards
> Michael H. Fell

Yeah that was really bad, blame it on the band...I thought the band
did the right thing, keep on playing, act like nothing has happened;
they recovered pretty well from it.

Ashlee on the other hand was a totally stupid dumbass
non-professional. I don't know the intro to those two songs but I take
it they are not THAT similiar.

What she SHOULD have done was realize with the intro it was the same
song, and then just went into the same song.

Sure it'd look stupid to play the same song twice, but a lot of people
watching SNL would never realize it...I hardly ever catch both songs
by an act unless it's somebody I really like (which has always been
pretty rare on SNL).

Those who did see both segments would just wonder why she did the same
song twice.

It would have looked a lot less stupid to have played the same song
twice rather than just stand there and gimp around like a dumbass.

Stuff happens live, you just smile and make it work....screwing the
pooch on stage and then blaming your band is really, really low.

I felt kinda bad for the band because the bass player and one guitar
player were looking at each other like "well I guess this will be our
last gig with HER".

They knew she'd try to put the blame on them.

I like the bit about the drummer started the wrong song ...I've gotta
believe at this level (National TV) you've got a pro computer geek
backstage, with a redundant system, and he's cuing the tune...the
drummer is playing to a click or whatever on IEM's, and off they go.

It's not like down at the local lava lounge, where the drummer reaches
over and presses the button on the Alesis MMT-8 to start the next
song.

Analogeezer

p.s. And now the official explanation is "Acid
Reflux".....PULEEEZZZZZZ, the girl is what 19, I don't know too many
19 year olds with Acid Reflux, that's an over 40 thing.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 2:05:59 PM

walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich) wrote in message news:<1gm86wg.1yp7maq1hhszgwN%walkinay@thegrid.net>...
> Jim Williams wrote:
>
> > Y'all think she'll have the balls to sing live, but with the auto-tune?
>
> Gotta love that bullshit from her daddy about everybody singing
> nationally needing a guide track. I guess he confused her careeer with
> with slot car racing.
>
> Bring on Aretha.

Heh heh, not to always claim that old school is better, but I'd
venture to say that Aretha didn't even have a STAGE MONITOR until
about 1972ish...much less a guide vocal track.

Analogeezer
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 2:10:52 PM

jwilliams3@audioupgrades.com (Jim Williams) wrote in message news:<a377f4b9.0410251727.1f5c635b@posting.google.com>...
> "Snowdog" <drisp@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Drbfd.42368$mn5.33081@bignews5.bellsouth.net>...
> > Sorry to keep bringing this up and I know no one really cares, but I find
> > this stuff kinda interesting. It's the whole "kick 'em when they're down"
> > mentality.
> >
> > I bet she's nervous as hell about this performance and being under a
> > microscope.
> >

> > http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041025/ap...
>
> Y'all think she'll have the balls to sing live, but with the auto-tune?
>
> Jim Williams
> Audio Upgrades

I subscribe to Keyboard magazine and they have a regular article about
this guy that runs the computers for Madonnas live tours....there are
musicians on stage but two redundant Apple/MOTU rigs that run backing
tracks and backing vocals taken directly from the master tapes/pro
tools sessions.

I'm kinda figuring Madonna must be doing a lot more lip synching these
days than she is letting on....the guy NEVER suggests this in his
articles, but I bet that's a dirty little secret he is paid very well
to not reveal.

Analogeezer
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 6:07:00 PM

"Analogeezer" <analogeezer@aerosolkings.com> wrote in message
> jwilliams3@audioupgrades.com (Jim Williams) wrote in message
> > "Snowdog" <drisp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Sorry to keep bringing this up and I know no one really cares, but I
find
> > > this stuff kinda interesting. It's the whole "kick 'em when they're
down"
> > > mentality.
> > >
> > > I bet she's nervous as hell about this performance and being under a
> > > microscope.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041025/ap...

> > Y'all think she'll have the balls to sing live, but with the auto-tune?
> >
> > Jim Williams
> > Audio Upgrades
>
> I subscribe to Keyboard magazine and they have a regular article about
> this guy that runs the computers for Madonnas live tours....there are
> musicians on stage but two redundant Apple/MOTU rigs that run backing
> tracks and backing vocals taken directly from the master tapes/pro
> tools sessions.
>
> I'm kinda figuring Madonna must be doing a lot more lip synching these
> days than she is letting on....the guy NEVER suggests this in his
> articles, but I bet that's a dirty little secret he is paid very well
> to not reveal.

What do you think Madonna would do in this situation? Probably stop the
show, grab the computer geek, drag him/her out front, strip them naked and
flog them with her whip. The crowd would love it. Now that's
professionalism!

Sam S.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 9:06:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

Exactly my point in an earlier post!

-S

On 10/26/04 1:03 PM, in article
bfb37ea9.0410260903.51b7d2c6@posting.google.com, "Analogeezer"
<analogeezer@aerosolkings.com> wrote:

> mfell2112*NOSPAM*@yahoo.com wrote in message
>> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:29:20 -0800, "Dan R H"
>> <danhertlein@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Word Sam!
>>>
>>> "Sam Savoca" <maxomega69@erols.com> wrote in message

>> Also, that fact that she blamed her band for the mishap. That really
>> hurt her. I watched her show a couple of times. She was basically
>> using the band to further her own career. Most likely she could have
>> had any one of them replaced at any given moment.
>> Regards
>> Michael H. Fell
>
> Yeah that was really bad, blame it on the band...I thought the band
> did the right thing, keep on playing, act like nothing has happened;
> they recovered pretty well from it.
>
> Ashlee on the other hand was a totally stupid dumbass
> non-professional. I don't know the intro to those two songs but I take
> it they are not THAT similiar.
>
> What she SHOULD have done was realize with the intro it was the same
> song, and then just went into the same song.
>
> Sure it'd look stupid to play the same song twice, but a lot of people
> watching SNL would never realize it...I hardly ever catch both songs
> by an act unless it's somebody I really like (which has always been
> pretty rare on SNL).
>
> Those who did see both segments would just wonder why she did the same
> song twice.
>
> It would have looked a lot less stupid to have played the same song
> twice rather than just stand there and gimp around like a dumbass.
>
> Stuff happens live, you just smile and make it work....screwing the
> pooch on stage and then blaming your band is really, really low.
>
> I felt kinda bad for the band because the bass player and one guitar
> player were looking at each other like "well I guess this will be our
> last gig with HER".
>
> They knew she'd try to put the blame on them.
>
> I like the bit about the drummer started the wrong song ...I've gotta
> believe at this level (National TV) you've got a pro computer geek
> backstage, with a redundant system, and he's cuing the tune...the
> drummer is playing to a click or whatever on IEM's, and off they go.
>
> It's not like down at the local lava lounge, where the drummer reaches
> over and presses the button on the Alesis MMT-8 to start the next
> song.
>
> Analogeezer
>
> p.s. And now the official explanation is "Acid
> Reflux".....PULEEEZZZZZZ, the girl is what 19, I don't know too many
> 19 year olds with Acid Reflux, that's an over 40 thing.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 9:08:33 PM

analogeezer wrote:

>I like the bit about the drummer started the wrong song ...I've gotta
>believe at this level (National TV) you've got a pro computer geek
>backstage, with a redundant system, and he's cuing the tune...the
>drummer is playing to a click or whatever on IEM's, and off they go.
>
>It's not like down at the local lava lounge, where the drummer reaches
>over and presses the button on the Alesis MMT-8 to start the next
>song.
>
>Analogeezer

You'd be surprised. I believe the drummer probably had a part in what happened.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 10:16:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

On 26 Oct 2004 10:10:52 -0700, analogeezer@aerosolkings.com
(Analogeezer) wrote:

>jwilliams3@audioupgrades.com (Jim Williams) wrote in message news:<a377f4b9.0410251727.1f5c635b@posting.google.com>...
>> "Snowdog" <drisp@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Drbfd.42368$mn5.33081@bignews5.bellsouth.net>...
>> > Sorry to keep bringing this up and I know no one really cares, but I find
>> > this stuff kinda interesting. It's the whole "kick 'em when they're down"
>> > mentality.
>> >
>> > I bet she's nervous as hell about this performance and being under a
>> > microscope.
>> >

>> > http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041025/ap...
>>
>> Y'all think she'll have the balls to sing live, but with the auto-tune?
>>
>> Jim Williams
>> Audio Upgrades
>
>I subscribe to Keyboard magazine and they have a regular article about
>this guy that runs the computers for Madonnas live tours....there are
>musicians on stage but two redundant Apple/MOTU rigs that run backing
>tracks and backing vocals taken directly from the master tapes/pro
>tools sessions.
>
>I'm kinda figuring Madonna must be doing a lot more lip synching these
>days than she is letting on....the guy NEVER suggests this in his
>articles, but I bet that's a dirty little secret he is paid very well
>to not reveal.

Anyone who is singing while dancing their ass off but never missing a
breath or a beat on the vocals is suspect...

Al
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 10:30:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

> I'm kinda figuring Madonna must be doing a lot more lip synching these
> days than she is letting on....the guy NEVER suggests this in his
> articles, but I bet that's a dirty little secret he is paid very well
> to not reveal.
>
> Analogeezer

Well how else can all those 'dancers' in all those carbon copy shows like
Madonna's sing and sound just like the studio? Janet Jackson, Spears, all
that 'music' is nothing more than a dance show with a 'band' and 'singers'.

PP
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 10:34:28 PM

>I'm kinda figuring Madonna must be doing a lot more lip synching these
>days than she is letting on....the guy NEVER suggests this in his
>articles, but I bet that's a dirty little secret he is paid very well
>to not reveal.

Recently she was on an acoustic kick. She did some live gig on some primetime
show, just her and a couple of acoustic guitars. No pitch correction, because
she sounded pretty bad. This was her natural voice while she was just sitting.
I doubt that she sings pitch perfect while doing her dance stuff. Even though
her pitch was terrible and this pretty much revealed that she's no singer.. I
liked the sound quite a bit better than her usual, if that makes any sense.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 12:41:00 AM

<< I subscribe to Keyboard magazine and they have a regular article about
this guy that runs the computers for Madonnas live tours....there are
musicians on stage but two redundant Apple/MOTU rigs that run backing
tracks and backing vocals taken directly from the master tapes/pro
tools sessions.
I'm kinda figuring Madonna must be doing a lot more lip synching these
days than she is letting on....the guy NEVER suggests this in his
articles, but I bet that's a dirty little secret he is paid very well
to not reveal.

Analogeezer

-------------------------------------

not to defend madonna, but i saw the last HBO concert she did,
and it looked to be about half live, including her playing guitar. There were
several segments where she was just singing and playing in front of the mic,
and the strummed guitar, while not horrible, was so basic and matched what you
saw, i'd have to guess it was actually her live.

the only reason it impressed me at all was because i'd always heard that she
did maybe a song or 2 live per show, in prior tours.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:05:32 AM

In article <bfb37ea9.0410260903.51b7d2c6@posting.google.com> analogeezer@aerosolkings.com writes:

> What she SHOULD have done was realize with the intro it was the same
> song, and then just went into the same song.

Or wave the band off, and when they stopped, make a joke about "hey,
we already did that song. Let's do the other one." and then try again.
The news reports (from "informed sources," not necessarily the straight
dope) says the drummer had two buttons to push to start one song or
the other and he pushed the wrong one. If that was the case, recovery
would be easy. If "the button" was actually in a control room
somewhere, that would be more difficult.

October 27, 2004 3:19:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

In article <cllm6j$8bl$2@msunews.cl.msu.edu> , georgeh
<georgeh@gjhsun.cl.msu.edu> wrote:

> Would be nice if more schools still had funds for real music programs too.
> And even better if students booked live bands for school dances. 1st live
> rock I ever heard was at a high school gym.

First rock and roll I ever *played* was in a school gym. :-)

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com
mike@mikedrumsDOT.com

Analogeezer wrote:

> It's not like down at the local lava lounge, where

she should've learned her craft.

--
ha
Anonymous

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:45:01 GMT, walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich)
wrote:

>she should've learned her craft.

I imagine she's probably reasonably sufficient at 'her craft'. The
outcries here are from folks who wrongly assume they know exactly what
'her craft' consists of.

====================
Tracy Wintermute
arrgh@greenapple.com
Rushcreek Ranch
====================
October 27, 2004 6:02:09 AM

"wulfye" <wulfye@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Bullshit lies. Lip-synching should be banned on Tv apart from videos! If
you
> can't sing go do something else!

Um.....Like run a recording studio?

heh heh....it was too easy, couldn't pass it up. ;-)
October 27, 2004 6:14:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

"Sam Savoca" <maxomega69@erols.com> wrote in message

> You mean like how good it was for Millie Vanilli? Not all press is good
> publicity.

The difference being it's still her doing the singing, tweaked and processed
though it may be.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 6:57:38 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

"George Lawrence" <drumguru@ameritech.net> wrote in

> Wouldn't the smartest thing have been to lip sync with the wrong song
> until the sound engineers cut the vocal on the computer or stopped the
> track.and then fake a microphone malfunction?

I think the sound man started turning the vocal down as soon as it was
apparent that she was "singing" without moving her lips. At that point,
there was no vocal to lip-sync to. Thus, she was screwed.

--
fD
"I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and

Tracy Wintermute wrote:

> (hank alrich) wrote:

> >she should've learned her craft.

> I imagine she's probably reasonably sufficient at 'her craft'. The
> outcries here are from folks who wrongly assume they know exactly what
> 'her craft' consists of.

I see. Man, that's a crafty reply. So maybe the slot racing doesn't
involve cars.

--
ha
Anonymous

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 03:17:02 GMT, walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich)
wrote:

>Tracy Wintermute wrote:
>> I imagine she's probably reasonably sufficient at 'her craft'. The
>> outcries here are from folks who wrongly assume they know exactly what
>> 'her craft' consists of.

>I see. Man, that's a crafty reply. So maybe the slot racing doesn't
>involve cars.

Now you're starting to get it....
I also suspect that the pit crew is very exclusive.

BTW, it might be a regional thing or some such, but around here we
spell "slot" with a "u", not an "o"....

====================
Tracy Wintermute
arrgh@greenapple.com
Rushcreek Ranch
====================
October 27, 2004 11:41:00 AM

"-MIKE-" <mike@mikedrums.com> wrote in message
> In article <cllm6j$8bl$2@msunews.cl.msu.edu> , georgeh
> <georgeh@gjhsun.cl.msu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Would be nice if more schools still had funds for real music programs
too.
> > And even better if students booked live bands for school dances. 1st
live
> > rock I ever heard was at a high school gym.
> >

> First rock and roll I ever *played* was in a school gym. :-)
>

> -MIKE-

Ahh, there's nothing like a venue that keeps on playing long after the band
has stopped.

....Joey

> "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
> --Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
> --
> http://mikedrums.com
> mike@mikedrumsDOT.com
> ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:47:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

Very poor analogy.

Tom
"Sam Savoca" <maxomega69@erols.com> wrote in message

> "play-on" <playonATomcast.net> wrote in message
> > It's all good publicity for her in the long run.
> >
> > Al
>
> You mean like how good it was for Millie Vanilli? Not all press is good
> publicity.
>
> Sam S.

October 27, 2004 5:48:37 PM

play-on <playon@omcast.net> writes:
>>Would be nice if more schools still had funds for real music programs too.
>>And even better if students booked live bands for school dances. 1st live
>>rock I ever heard was at a high school gym.

>The first time I ever played with a band in public was in my
>highschool gym.

I got hooked on the sound of the live electric bass in a gym. Picked
one up myself. I was on the B-circuit, we did jr. high gyms. Still
looking for a 1967 South Lake Jr. High yearbook. There was a photo
of me on bass with Brainstorm's Gerry Kent on guitar, sharing a mic,
playing their prom when we were 14.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 9:51:21 PM

"fLameDogg" <flamedogg@operamail.com> wrote in message
> "George Lawrence" <drumguru@ameritech.net> wrote in
>
> > Wouldn't the smartest thing have been to lip sync with the wrong song
> > until the sound engineers cut the vocal on the computer or stopped the
> > track.and then fake a microphone malfunction?
>
> I think the sound man started turning the vocal down as soon as it was
> apparent that she was "singing" without moving her lips. At that point,
> there was no vocal to lip-sync to. Thus, she was screwed.

Which of course means she screwed herself, since she should have already
been moving her lips when the vocal started, no matter what the song.

TonyP.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 9:56:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

"Analogeezer" <analogeezer@aerosolkings.com> wrote in message
> I'm kinda figuring Madonna must be doing a lot more lip synching these
> days than she is letting on....the guy NEVER suggests this in his
> articles, but I bet that's a dirty little secret he is paid very well
> to not reveal.

Elton John seems to think so too :-)

TonyP.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 3:24:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

"TonyP" <TonyP@optus.net.com.au> wrote in news:417f53b0$0$21982$afc38c87
@news.optusnet.com.au:

>> I think the sound man started turning the vocal down as soon as it was
>> apparent that she was "singing" without moving her lips. At that point,
>> there was no vocal to lip-sync to. Thus, she was screwed.
>
> Which of course means she screwed herself, since she should have already
> been moving her lips when the vocal started, no matter what the song.

She screwed herself, yes indeed. No argument from me.

F'up2 set to the group I'm reading, not that any response is likely
required.

--
fD
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.percussion (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:15:35 GMT, mfell2112*NOSPAM*@yahoo.com wrote:

>Also, that fact that she blamed her band for the mishap. That really
>hurt her. I watched her show a couple of times. She was basically
>using the band to further her own career. Most likely she could have
>had any one of them replaced at any given moment.

So? That's how it works. They weren't a star band hiring her as
vocalist. They were window dressing to a pop act. They know the
score.

They might have been playing live. But why? Their function was to
look good and sound "just like the record" That's best done by
miming.

October 31, 2004 7:31:26 AM

"Doc" <docsavage20@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1wDfd.8800$5i5.8654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> "Sam Savoca" <maxomega69@erols.com> wrote in message
>
> > You mean like how good it was for Millie Vanilli? Not all press is good
> > publicity.
>
> The difference being it's still her doing the singing, tweaked and processed
> though it may be.

With todays tweaks, M.V. could've done their own "singing".
!