Device Unknown

tvhog

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Hello..i have just installed windows 7 a few days ago and when i plugged my PSP using USB into my PC I got an unknown device error now even with my PSP unplugged from my PC i still have the unknown device error in my device manager...also my PC will no longer go into sleep mode...i have looked all over Google looking for ways to fix this but none have worked yet, I have found these error and yes typed them in Google with no luck...Please Help

Thank you for reading.

I'm sorry if this does not go here..i didn't know where to put it.

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.
Device Name USB Root Hub
Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_026E
Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 11, function 1
Device ID USB\VID_10DE&PID_026E
Port Path

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.
Device Name USB Mass Storage Device
Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_026E
Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 11, function 1
Device ID USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0111
Port Path 8

CPU Utilization:processor utilization is high
The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
Average Utilization (%) 5.25

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Hi tvhog, a bit odd with a fresh install. Maybe one of your usb ports has hardware failure? Try uninstalling completely the problem drivers in device manager, scanning for hardware changes to reinstall fresh ones - we're trying to get windows to download new ones and not use your installation image/source.

tvhog

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

That was one of the first things i tried..every time I uninstall the drives and then scan for new hardware that same Unknown device comes back.

Thank you for the quick reply please let me know if you have any more fixes :)

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Did you notice this issue before psp connection and did psp need software installed? If the issue was definately not present after install it may well be something to do with psp connection. Either uninstall any psp software on pc & recheck, or if that fails and since you've only just installed, try reinstalling win 7 (only because you've hopefully not much else installed) then very closely checking for this issue - if all is ok then download new psp software & retry connection. Did you install win7 from a previous backup image?....might have issues also?

If the unknown device issue is present immediately after fresh win7 install (from good source) check to see if anything is plugged into any usb socket ( just a long shot)....that needs it's driver from own manufacturers site. You may have a hardware fault on one of the usb sockets/hubs.

tvhog

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
When i plugged in the psp it said installing new drivers..then i got an error new drivers failed to install properly after that my Psp folder opened...i didn't think much of it at the time.PSP- PlayStation Portable it does not have any software to install on a PC but that was the first time i used that USB port after I installed win 7. Is there any other advice you can give me other then reinstall...Please i would only like to do that as a last resort...so Please do you have any more ideas? i just got done installing all of my games and software and updates...it's going to suck to have to redo it all again.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
No probs/I understand...didn't realise you had so much other things installed. Other than the other checks I mentioned I can't add too much the moment - my time zone it telling me to go to sleep :) hopefully this bump might catch someone elses attention. Good luck....this type of thing is usually solvable fairly easily.

tvhog

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trying to help me..i will wait and hope someone post the solution to my problem.

tvhog

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

Thank you for the link i will try to download a mass driver..but it is odd..i use to plug my psp in to my PC when i had win XP and i had no problems...now that i installed win 7 i have device problems...

tvhog

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
here is more info

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver. (NOTE: i have tried updateing this driver it keeps saying there are no updates)

Driver: Provider Unknown

Driver Date: Not Available

Driver Version: Not Available

Hardware ID:ACPI\AWY0001

Second Hardware ID:*AWY0001

tvhog

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Ok I think I know what is wrong...I dont have Away driver installed on my pc...i have a amd live 64 processor and the hardware Id is ACPI\AWY0001...i think thats what i need for the driver..im not sure..i cant find this driver any where and i keep searching for windows updates but it keeps telling me My computer is up to date i dont know if this will fix my Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) problem but i think it will allow my pc to enter sleep again!

so please if anyone can post where i can download a Away driver for AMD that would help alot..i think...