Question about 802.11ac network

DropDtuned2005

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
ive been doing some research on 802.11ac router which most of those routers go at 1750mbps or better

question: would it be just as fast to run a wireless ac bridge for my devices like my computer with an 802.11ac router as would to plug it into a ethernet port on my router

First be aware that 802.11ac is not yet a final standard. Make sure you buy all your equipment from a single vendor and hope they do not make any large changes to the standard in the next year.

Wireless is half duplex. Only a single device can transmit at a time. So even with just the router and a single PC you are going to some errors caused by overlapping transmission. Then you have the issue of interference in general degrading your speed.

With a wired connection you get full duplex (ie 1g up and 1g down) and almost no interference.

So it depends what you mean. Obviously 802.11ac is still less than the total 2g bandwidth you get on a wire. But who has anything in their house that can even come close to a couple 100m. I would suspect it will be similar for your average users but a piece of wire is so much easier to troubleshoot.

Just be aware to do this you must run on the 5g band. This frequency is blocked much easier by walls.
You will notice they do not have the same upper bandwidth which I assume is because they both do not support the same level of mimo (which requires actual antenna). You are going to have to read the fine print to find out what the maximum you can expect between these units.....part of the problem with 802.11ac not having a firm definition.