Pacific fighter Patch 4.0m

"Mitch_A" <naman@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:Q3_pe.1834$Z44.1711@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> Im downloading now from http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/PF_patch400m.exe
> but Im not convinced its the final release of this patch. This link is
> for the merged install of FB/PF not the stand alone PF.
>
> Mitch

It's not official. The "official" version comes in a week or so and will be
called 4.01. Apprently the 4.00 was found to have problems in the
standalone server but someone leaked it anyway - here we are.

I grabbed the 4.0m patch thinking it was official. Oh well. Hopefully
the 4.1 patch will be a small download.

All I can say, amazing. The new maps, FM change, damage model tweaks,
new objects, new clouds - just righteous. A guy posted one new object
on the Kurland/Mumensk map - grass airfield. He showed pictures of an
entire squadron taking off at the same time, line abrest! Looked like
a scramble of Hurricanes from Biggin Hill. Amazing. I think folks
will be blown away by this patch. It is the most comprehensive patch
in the Il2 series in my opinion and that goes back to the original Il2
days.

Gonzo

<jamesarlene@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I grabbed the 4.0m patch thinking it was official. Oh well. Hopefully
> the 4.1 patch will be a small download.
>
> All I can say, amazing. The new maps, FM change, damage model tweaks,
> new objects, new clouds - just righteous. A guy posted one new object
> on the Kurland/Mumensk map - grass airfield. He showed pictures of an
> entire squadron taking off at the same time, line abrest! Looked like
> a scramble of Hurricanes from Biggin Hill. Amazing. I think folks
> will be blown away by this patch. It is the most comprehensive patch
> in the Il2 series in my opinion and that goes back to the original Il2
> days.

How are the new clouds?

IL2 owns CFS3 IMO but CFS3 has the best clouds I have ever seen.

am

"Mitch_A" <naman@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Im downloading now from http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/PF_patch400m.exe
> but Im not convinced its the final release of this patch. This link is
> for the merged install of FB/PF not the stand alone PF.
>
> Mitch

Ok, now tell us what you think.

Personally it looks nice, the fm and engine torque just
got a whole lot more interesting ! Take offs that once were
a breeze in certain A/C can get exciting quickly !

Online in warclouds it suddenly turned into a slide show
and I just had to exit. Last night it seemed ok. Probably
my ISP doing more work... (they been doin a lot of this
recently, still I get anywhere between 4 mbps to 6 mbps
depending on the time/day/luck, average is 4 mbps)

My first online experience with 4.00 was showing up,
getting my P 51 D (w/ 2 1,000lb bombs) up to
10,000ft, flying over the enemy airbase, and getting bounced
by an FW 190, and getting killed :(
Got a 109 flying a Hurri tho :) those 4 20mm's eat 109's !!

Allan

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Gonzo

"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Mitch_A" <naman@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> Im downloading now from http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/PF_patch400m.exe
>> but Im not convinced its the final release of this patch. This link is
>> for the merged install of FB/PF not the stand alone PF.
>>
>> Mitch
>>

> Ok, now tell us what you think.
>
> Personally it looks nice, the fm and engine torque just
> got a whole lot more interesting ! Take offs that once were
> a breeze in certain A/C can get exciting quickly !
>

> Online in warclouds it suddenly turned into a slide show
> and I just had to exit. Last night it seemed ok. Probably
> my ISP doing more work... (they been doin a lot of this
> recently, still I get anywhere between 4 mbps to 6 mbps
> depending on the time/day/luck, average is 4 mbps)
>
> My first online experience with 4.00 was showing up,
> getting my P 51 D (w/ 2 1,000lb bombs) up to
> 10,000ft, flying over the enemy airbase, and getting bounced
> by an FW 190, and getting killed :(
> Got a 109 flying a Hurri tho :) those 4 20mm's eat 109's !!

My main questin is this: Are the Spits still Uber? I hope not. I am tired
of getting on servers with a 20plane selection only to find that I am the
only one NOT flying the spit.

It is kind of cool to shoot one down in a P40 though. Most of the time I
get my ass handed to me.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"James Calivar" wrote

> I know the screenies you're talking about
> (http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=002493) -
> they REALLY highlight the new clouds, and the introduction of haze (I love
> the picture of the Spit (?) taking off with just the bare outline of a
> factory complex in the background through the haze).

Mate, you just failed aircraft recognition 101 :)
Summer school for you

Is that "pitch/sap" I see dripping out of that knothole on the wing? Im
gonna build my cockpit outta plywood too ;)

Mitch

"rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Mate, you just failed aircraft recognition 101 :)
> Summer school for you

As a result of the new patch, I can't take off in blizzard or snowy
conditions anymore. I struggled before the patch but now, it's out of
the question. I just scrub the mission and fly the next one. I don't
know enough to question the FM but it seems more 'real'. I mean, I
never had to trim my plane before but now, I have to make tab
adjustments everytime I change throttle setting. Gun the throttle to
extremely, look out! I also notice that some planes really recoil more
when the guns are firing, could be my imagination.

I've had a good few days flying with the patch and I'm still very
impressed. The clouds really bring a whole new level of immersion to
this sim. I had to make some tweaks to deal with FPS hit but well worth
it.

Finally, one of the nicest surprises for off liners - the AI has been
tweaked to fly with the same FM as humans. While being bounced upon a
landing I was doing, I had to make some serious evasive moves to
survive. In the end, I was able to get two bandits to stall and crash.
I could never do that before. As for the DMs, I haven't experiement
enough to know for sure but it seems the small caliber stuff or the
germans pack a nicer punch. It's no possible to get various Russian
planes smoking with the bbs.