ATI's 5.6's may not increase FPS much for most but for Loc..

Woohoo! 150% Tested, not an inq rumor.

http://www.rage3d.com/previews/software/aticcc2/?p=4

I installed them but haven't done much testing myself as my water-cooling
system is running a bit hot due to lack of any maintence for a year and a
half and the new coolant just arrived today, will be flushing and replacing
coolant this evening, the other day for the first time ever the fans on my
EXOS kicked into high, it was while while running MSFS 2005. The CCC does
seem to load faster and has some new options.

fisher

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:48:30 GMT, "Chris Townsend"
<fakename@comcast.net> wrote:

>Woohoo! 150% Tested, not an inq rumor.
>
>http://www.rage3d.com/previews/software/aticcc2/?p=4
>
>I installed them but haven't done much testing myself as my water-cooling
>system is running a bit hot due to lack of any maintence for a year and a
>half and the new coolant just arrived today, will be flushing and replacing
>coolant this evening, the other day for the first time ever the fans on my
>EXOS kicked into high, it was while while running MSFS 2005. The CCC does
>seem to load faster and has some new options.

Rage3D never tested LOMAC. Those benchmarks you see with LOMAC are
ATI's own benchmarks. Rage3D shows you what games they tested and they
don't say they tested LOMAC. I just ran LOMAC with 5.6 and I didn't do
any scientific benchmarking but it didn't feel like 150% smoother to
me. Maybe if I ran a mission with lots of clouds it would feel like
150% improvement as what the 5.6 drivers supposedly do is compress the
cloud textures in LOMAC so you would have to run a mission with lots
of clouds to really notice a difference. LOMAC is still a pig, IMO.
Looking at the Rage3D benchmarks I see some nice FPS improvements in
some games and some games show no improvement at all. So long as these
drivers don't cause glitches in any games I own then I'm happy but
don't expect miracles from them.

am

"Chris Townsend" <fakename@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I installed them but haven't done much testing myself as my water-cooling
> system is running a bit hot due to lack of any maintence for a year and a
> half and the new coolant just arrived today, will be flushing and
> replacing coolant this evening, the other day for the first time ever the
> fans on my EXOS kicked into high, it was while while running MSFS 2005.
> The CCC does seem to load faster and has some new options.

Yeah, my EXOS is due for a flush too now.

Interesting that you have had it kick into high only once.
I have to go to mode 3 every time I go ingame (LOMAC, F4)
But it does keep everything cool no problem

3.20E OC'd out to 3.85 Ghz :)

I use a Zalman cpu bloc, and a Swiftech NB bloc

Allan

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will