Where is speakerphone key located on Motorola V551?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola, alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I have had my Motorola V551 phone for a day. I find the manual very
difficult to use. The phone seems to be super, but the manual seems to
be anything but.

I have been searching for the speakerphone key so that I can turn the
speaker on. Does anyone know where it is or how to activate the $#$%#%%
speakerphone on this phone?

Thanks.

John
22 answers Last reply
More about where speakerphone located motorola v551

    jomason@cba.ua.edu wrote:
    > I have had my Motorola V551 phone for a day. I find the manual very
    > difficult to use. The phone seems to be super, but the manual seems to
    > be anything but.
    >
    > I have been searching for the speakerphone key so that I can turn the
    > speaker on. Does anyone know where it is or how to activate the $#$%#%%
    > speakerphone on this phone?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John

    Once you are in a call, it is one of the soft keys.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola, alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    jomason@cba.ua.edu wrote:
    > I have had my Motorola V551 phone for a day. I find the manual very
    > difficult to use. The phone seems to be super, but the manual seems
    > be anything but.
    >
    > I have been searching for the speakerphone key so that I can turn the
    > speaker on. Does anyone know where it is or how to activate the
    $#$%#%%
    > speakerphone on this phone?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John

    John,

    If it is loike other motoola phones, once you are in a call, press and
    hold the 'talk' key for a second and the speakerphone activates...
    Isaac
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Bob Horvath wrote:

    > jomason@cba.ua.edu wrote:
    >
    >> I have had my Motorola V551 phone for a day. I find the manual very
    >> difficult to use. The phone seems to be super, but the manual seems to
    >> be anything but.
    >>
    >> I have been searching for the speakerphone key so that I can turn the
    >> speaker on. Does anyone know where it is or how to activate the $#$%#%%
    >> speakerphone on this phone?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    > Once you are in a call, it is one of the soft keys.

    Yup, the soft key on the right acts as an on/off toggle.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    As shown on page 78 of the manual press the "Speaker" button (hint: look at
    the display after the call is connected) or press the MENU button and then
    "Spkrphn On."

    <jomason@cba.ua.edu> wrote in message
    >I have had my Motorola V551 phone for a day. I find the manual very
    > difficult to use. The phone seems to be super, but the manual seems to
    > be anything but.
    >
    > I have been searching for the speakerphone key so that I can turn the
    > speaker on. Does anyone know where it is or how to activate the $#$%#%%
    > speakerphone on this phone?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Wow ... the manual has the answer can you believe it. It's amazing how many
    people never bother to open the little thing up.

    One thing I find helpful is to download the manual to a PC and use the find
    feature with Adobe ... I keep the manual on PPC and desktop PC so I always
    have it with me.

    ___________________
    Ann
    Motorola V551
    iPAQ 4355

    "brobin" <nospam@atmyplace.com> wrote in message
    > As shown on page 78 of the manual press the "Speaker" button (hint: look
    > at the display after the call is connected) or press the MENU button and
    > then "Spkrphn On."
    >
    > <jomason@cba.ua.edu> wrote in message
    >>I have had my Motorola V551 phone for a day. I find the manual very
    >> difficult to use. The phone seems to be super, but the manual seems to
    >> be anything but.
    >>
    >> I have been searching for the speakerphone key so that I can turn the
    >> speaker on. Does anyone know where it is or how to activate the $#$%#%%
    >> speakerphone on this phone?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> John

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "Ann" <nospam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > Wow ... the manual has the answer can you believe it. It's amazing how
    > many people never bother to open the little thing up.
    >
    > One thing I find helpful is to download the manual to a PC and use the
    > find feature with Adobe ... I keep the manual on PPC and desktop PC so I
    > always have it with me.
    >
    > ___________________
    > Ann
    > Motorola V551
    > iPAQ 4355

    Ann,

    With all due respect I don' t think the V551 manual is anything to write
    home about. Yes, it does provide some basic information but I have found at
    least 2 instances where the manual is in accurate with respect to the menu
    selections that are available on this phone. It's a good phone but Cingular
    and Motorola could do a better job of documenting it's useage, especially in
    a Cingular network.

    Cheers
    TC
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Tony Clark wrote:
    > "Ann" <nospam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Wow ... the manual has the answer can you believe it. It's amazing how
    >>many people never bother to open the little thing up.
    >>
    >>One thing I find helpful is to download the manual to a PC and use the
    >>find feature with Adobe ... I keep the manual on PPC and desktop PC so I
    >>always have it with me.
    >>
    >>___________________
    >>Ann
    >>Motorola V551
    >>iPAQ 4355
    >>

    > Ann,
    >
    > With all due respect I don' t think the V551 manual is anything to write
    > home about. Yes, it does provide some basic information but I have found at
    > least 2 instances where the manual is in accurate with respect to the menu
    > selections that are available on this phone. It's a good phone but Cingular
    > and Motorola could do a better job of documenting it's useage, especially in
    > a Cingular network.
    >
    > Cheers
    > TC

    AFAIC, a carrier ought to be posting the user manuals of every phone
    they add to their inventory, and keep them there even when a model is
    dropped. Again, I'm sorry, this would never work because it makes way
    too much sense. Forget I mentioned it.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Ann" <nospam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > > Wow ... the manual has the answer can you believe it. It's amazing how
    > > many people never bother to open the little thing up.
    > >
    > > One thing I find helpful is to download the manual to a PC and use the
    > > find feature with Adobe ... I keep the manual on PPC and desktop PC so I
    > > always have it with me.
    > >
    > > ___________________
    > > Ann
    > > Motorola V551
    > > iPAQ 4355
    > >

    > Ann,
    >
    > With all due respect I don' t think the V551 manual is anything to write
    > home about. Yes, it does provide some basic information but I have found
    at
    > least 2 instances where the manual is in accurate with respect to the menu
    > selections that are available on this phone. It's a good phone but
    Cingular
    > and Motorola could do a better job of documenting it's useage, especially
    in
    > a Cingular network.

    Please name those 2 instances where the manual is incorrect.

    References please. Preferably with the page numbers.

    Thanks,
    --
    SS

    Jer wrote:
    > *Tony Clark wrote:
    > > "Ann" <nospam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Wow ... the manual has the answer can you believe it. It's amazing
    > how
    > >>many people never bother to open the little thing up.
    > >>
    > >>One thing I find helpful is to download the manual to a PC and use
    > the
    > >>find feature with Adobe ... I keep the manual on PPC and desktop PC
    > so I
    > >>always have it with me.
    > >>
    > >>___________________
    > >>Ann
    > >>Motorola V551
    > >>iPAQ 4355
    > >>

    > > Ann,
    > >
    > > With all due respect I don' t think the V551 manual is anything to
    > write
    > > home about. Yes, it does provide some basic information but I have
    > found at
    > > least 2 instances where the manual is in accurate with respect to
    > the menu
    > > selections that are available on this phone. It's a good phone but
    > Cingular
    > > and Motorola could do a better job of documenting it's useage,
    > especially in
    > > a Cingular network.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > TC
    > >

    > AFAIC, a carrier ought to be posting the user manuals of every phone
    > they add to their inventory, and keep them there even when a model
    > is
    > dropped. Again, I'm sorry, this would never work because it makes
    > way
    > too much sense. Forget I mentioned it.
    >
    > --
    > jer
    > email reply - I am not a 'ten' *

    Sorry, you all just seemd to be in a quoting mood so I joined in.

    --
    johhnywave

    Motorola V551 Camera Phone
    http://cellphoneforums.net
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    > Tony Clark wrote:
    > > "Ann" <nospam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Wow ... the manual has the answer can you believe it. It's amazing how
    > >>many people never bother to open the little thing up.
    > >>
    > >>One thing I find helpful is to download the manual to a PC and use the
    > >>find feature with Adobe ... I keep the manual on PPC and desktop PC so I
    > >>always have it with me.
    > >>
    > >>___________________
    > >>Ann
    > >>Motorola V551
    > >>iPAQ 4355
    > >>

    > > Ann,
    > >
    > > With all due respect I don' t think the V551 manual is anything to write
    > > home about. Yes, it does provide some basic information but I have found
    at
    > > least 2 instances where the manual is in accurate with respect to the
    menu
    > > selections that are available on this phone. It's a good phone but
    Cingular
    > > and Motorola could do a better job of documenting it's useage,
    especially in
    > > a Cingular network.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > TC
    > >

    > AFAIC, a carrier ought to be posting the user manuals of every phone
    > they add to their inventory, and keep them there even when a model is
    > dropped. Again, I'm sorry, this would never work because it makes way
    > too much sense. Forget I mentioned it.

    Actually it makes no sense.

    Why would a wireless service provider write user manuals for handsets.
    Shouldn't the handset manufacturer do that?

    --
    SS
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In message <33jsosF418tjrU1@individual.net> "Shaolin Superfly"
    <shaolinsuperfly@yinyang.com> wrote:

    >> AFAIC, a carrier ought to be posting the user manuals of every phone
    >> they add to their inventory, and keep them there even when a model is
    >> dropped. Again, I'm sorry, this would never work because it makes way
    >> too much sense. Forget I mentioned it.
    >
    >Actually it makes no sense.
    >
    >Why would a wireless service provider write user manuals for handsets.
    >Shouldn't the handset manufacturer do that?

    Because a provider can create a homogenous manual which covers only the
    features available on the network and which includes provider specific
    instructions.

    --
    There was a survey just recently that revealed the following results;

    40% of women said they thought their ass was too big.
    40% of women said they thought their ass was too little.
    20% of women said they didn't care what their ass looked like, they were
    going to stay married to him anyway.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Jer wrote:

    > AFAIC, a carrier ought to be posting the user manuals of every phone
    > they add to their inventory, and keep them there even when a model is
    > dropped. Again, I'm sorry, this would never work because it makes way
    > too much sense. Forget I mentioned it.

    http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/phones_devices
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Bob Horvath wrote:

    > Jer wrote:
    >

    >> AFAIC, a carrier ought to be posting the user manuals of every phone
    >> they add to their inventory, and keep them there even when a model is
    >> dropped. Again, I'm sorry, this would never work because it makes way
    >> too much sense. Forget I mentioned it.
    >>

    > http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/phones_devices

    This looks okay for current models (at least some of them), I've not
    seen this. But what about all those models they've dropped over the years?

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    > Shaolin Superfly wrote:
    > > You're just not getting it. Disengage your current train of thought for
    > > second. The handset manufacturer writes a manual for each handset it
    > > produces. If you as a user have trouble using your handset, and the
    manual
    > > doesn't have your answer, contact the salesperson who sold you the phone
    and
    > > they will be happy to answer your questions. It's their job.
    > >
    > > I give each of my customers my cell number for just such a reason.
    > >
    > > Saving Cingular millions of dollars each year. :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > SS
    >
    > Well, not everybody keeps up with the printed material that may have
    > come with a new phone, let alone any used equipment we may have acquired
    > along the way. Even if we did, it may not be at hand if we're not at
    > home - we do use things things while away. In fact, if we weren't away
    > so much, what's the point of even having a cell phone? How 'bout
    > posting your cell nmber here so those of us that have questions at 3am
    > can get the help we all so desperately need when we're drunk, the bar
    > has closed and kicked us out, we're dead tired and the fog is clouding
    > our ability to dial an address book entry for assistance while we're
    > puking our guts out? Remember, the regular CSRs are also saving
    > millions by not working night shift. Come on SS, be a peach, lend a
    > hand to the unwashed huddled masses at your door. Well, you asked me to
    > disengage my current train of thought for a second, and look what
    > happened...

    I do this for MY customers. Those who come into my Cingular owned retail
    store and purchase service from me. If you bought your phone off the net,
    through telesales, or some other process you are on your own. We have a nice
    CS hotline in the store for you. I'm paid on commission.

    BTW if you are looking for manuals for out of date phones you can find them
    in PDF format on the manufacturers websites.

    --
    SS
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <%50Bd.12930$RH4.3327@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net> on Thu, 30 Dec 2004
    23:23:39 GMT, "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >With all due respect I don' t think the V551 manual is anything to write
    >home about.

    Unfortunately, that seems to be true of many cell phones in particular, and
    consumer products in general.

    >Yes, it does provide some basic information but I have found at
    >least 2 instances where the manual is in accurate with respect to the menu
    >selections that are available on this phone.

    The usual problem is publication lead times in the rush to market, which means
    that the documentation has to be written before "feature freeze".

    >It's a good phone but Cingular
    >and Motorola could do a better job of documenting it's useage, especially in
    >a Cingular network.

    Motivation is low, because both companies undoubtedly know that the great
    majority of people don't RTFM. :)

  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In <m2i9t0tgnjdtc02iqb3gkek8r6j1t861tu@news.octanews.com> on Thu, 30 Dec 2004
    20:35:20 -0700, DevilsPGD <devilspgd@crazyhat.net> wrote:

    >In message <33jsosF418tjrU1@individual.net> "Shaolin Superfly"
    ><shaolinsuperfly@yinyang.com> wrote:
    >
    >>> AFAIC, a carrier ought to be posting the user manuals of every phone
    >>> they add to their inventory, and keep them there even when a model is
    >>> dropped. Again, I'm sorry, this would never work because it makes way
    >>> too much sense. Forget I mentioned it.
    >>
    >>Actually it makes no sense.
    >>
    >>Why would a wireless service provider write user manuals for handsets.
    >>Shouldn't the handset manufacturer do that?
    >
    >Because a provider can create a homogenous manual which covers only the
    >features available on the network and which includes provider specific
    >instructions.

    That's a good point, and is normally covered by the carrier having the
    manufacturer write a carrier-specific manual, which has happened in some
    cases. It doesn't happen more often because carriers now carry so many
    different phones that have relatively short lives, making that kind of
    customization impractical.

  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Shaolin Superfly wrote:

    > "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    >
    >>Shaolin Superfly wrote:
    >>
    >>>You're just not getting it. Disengage your current train of thought for

    >>>second. The handset manufacturer writes a manual for each handset it
    >>>produces. If you as a user have trouble using your handset, and the
    >
    > manual
    >
    >>>doesn't have your answer, contact the salesperson who sold you the phone
    >
    > and
    >
    >>>they will be happy to answer your questions. It's their job.
    >>>
    >>>I give each of my customers my cell number for just such a reason.
    >>>
    >>>Saving Cingular millions of dollars each year. :)
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>SS
    >>
    >>Well, not everybody keeps up with the printed material that may have
    >>come with a new phone, let alone any used equipment we may have acquired
    >>along the way. Even if we did, it may not be at hand if we're not at
    >>home - we do use things things while away. In fact, if we weren't away
    >>so much, what's the point of even having a cell phone? How 'bout
    >>posting your cell nmber here so those of us that have questions at 3am
    >>can get the help we all so desperately need when we're drunk, the bar
    >>has closed and kicked us out, we're dead tired and the fog is clouding
    >>our ability to dial an address book entry for assistance while we're
    >>puking our guts out? Remember, the regular CSRs are also saving
    >>millions by not working night shift. Come on SS, be a peach, lend a
    >>hand to the unwashed huddled masses at your door. Well, you asked me to
    >>disengage my current train of thought for a second, and look what
    >>happened...
    >

    > I do this for MY customers. Those who come into my Cingular owned retail
    > store and purchase service from me. If you bought your phone off the net,
    > through telesales, or some other process you are on your own. We have a nice
    > CS hotline in the store for you. I'm paid on commission.

    Commission? Well, that explains everything. Curious... what is your
    afterhours 411 fee?

    > BTW if you are looking for manuals for out of date phones you can find them
    > in PDF format on the manufacturers websites.

    Not all of them.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer wrote:
    > Shaolin Superfly wrote:
    >

    >> BTW if you are looking for manuals for out of date phones you can find
    >> them
    >> in PDF format on the manufacturers websites.
    >

    > Not all of them.

    Such as?
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    > Shaolin Superfly wrote:
    >
    > > "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Shaolin Superfly wrote:

    > > I do this for MY customers. Those who come into my Cingular owned retail
    > > store and purchase service from me. If you bought your phone off the
    net,
    > > through telesales, or some other process you are on your own. We have a
    nice
    > > CS hotline in the store for you. I'm paid on commission.
    >
    > Commission? Well, that explains everything. Curious... what is your
    > afterhours 411 fee?

    Again you just can't get it through you thick skull! They are MY customers.
    Once they have purchased wireless service from me I will do anything, within
    reason, to help them with any problem they have. This is the way a true
    salesman provides customer service. Half of my business comes from
    referrals.

    If you bought a new Ford truck from a salesman at dealer X you don't then
    go to a dealer Y and ask another salesman questions about the truck. They'd
    laugh in your face and tell you to go back where you bought it. Even though
    they both sell Ford trucks. It's common sense. Something that is apparantly
    beyond you.

    I'm typing this really slow so you will understand.

    > > BTW if you are looking for manuals for out of date phones you can find
    them
    > > in PDF format on the manufacturers websites.
    >

    > Not all of them.

    We need references please. Name one phone from any major manufacturer,
    carried by Cingular, made within the last 4 years, that has no manual
    available.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Shaolin Superfly wrote:

    >>>CS hotline in the store for you. I'm paid on commission.
    >>
    >>Commission? Well, that explains everything. Curious... what is your
    >>afterhours 411 fee?
    >

    > Again you just can't get it through you thick skull! They are MY customers.
    > Once they have purchased wireless service from me I will do anything, within
    > reason, to help them with any problem they have. This is the way a true
    > salesman provides customer service. Half of my business comes from
    > referrals.
    >
    > If you bought a new Ford truck from a salesman at dealer X you don't then
    > go to a dealer Y and ask another salesman questions about the truck. They'd
    > laugh in your face and tell you to go back where you bought it. Even though
    > they both sell Ford trucks. It's common sense. Something that is apparantly
    > beyond you.

    If I've already bought the truck, why would I care to ever see a
    salesperson again? But, to follow your analogy, I purchased a new sedan
    in 1983, and I can go to ANY Mercedes dealer to get great service,
    long-winded answers, really bad coffee (including refills), and multiple
    blank stares any time they and I share the same GPS coordinates. I
    don't think they laugh until after I leave with all their donuts.

    > I'm typing this really slow so you will understand.

    Oh, okay, no wonder this is taking so long.

    > We need references please. Name one phone from any major manufacturer,
    > carried by Cingular, made within the last 4 years, that has no manual
    > available.

    Within the last 4 years? You're kidding, right? People I know have had
    their phones a lot longer than that, so long in fact they don't have any
    user manuals, assuming they had one to start with. However, following
    along again, how 'bout a Oki 201R, it's a 3w AMPS phone currently
    installed in the roof of a truck that hasn't seen pavement since the
    phone was installed, unless the kid swiped it again after he grew up.
    It was purchased new from SBMS and installed by a tech that commuted out
    from Lubbock in 1986, and was modified for E-AMPS service the following
    year when the Moto TLD-1100 went tits up after crossing a creek with the
    door still open. (long stupid brother story). Near as I remember,
    there's a way of adjusting the handset backlight level, but for the life
    of me it's slipped the noodle (among a few other things).

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    In <cr7jck$iu9@library2.airnews.net> on Sat, 01 Jan 2005 19:39:43 -0600, Jer
    <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

    >Shaolin Superfly wrote:

    >> If you bought a new Ford truck from a salesman at dealer X you don't then
    >> go to a dealer Y and ask another salesman questions about the truck. They'd
    >> laugh in your face and tell you to go back where you bought it. Even though
    >> they both sell Ford trucks. It's common sense. Something that is apparantly
    >> beyond you.
    >
    >If I've already bought the truck, why would I care to ever see a
    >salesperson again? But, to follow your analogy, I purchased a new sedan
    >in 1983, and I can go to ANY Mercedes dealer to get great service,
    >long-winded answers, really bad coffee (including refills), and multiple
    >blank stares any time they and I share the same GPS coordinates. I
    >don't think they laugh until after I leave with all their donuts.

    All it takes is a great deal of money. Are you willing to pony up that kind
    of money for cellular? ;-)

    >> We need references please. Name one phone from any major manufacturer,
    >> carried by Cingular, made within the last 4 years, that has no manual
    >> available.
    >
    >Within the last 4 years? You're kidding, right? People I know have had
    >their phones a lot longer than that, so long in fact they don't have any
    >user manuals, assuming they had one to start with. However, following
    >along again, how 'bout a Oki 201R, it's a 3w AMPS phone currently
    >installed in the roof of a truck that hasn't seen pavement since the
    >phone was installed, unless the kid swiped it again after he grew up.

    If that's the best you can do, don't expect us to take you seriously.

  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    John Navas wrote:

    > In <cr7jck$iu9@library2.airnews.net> on Sat, 01 Jan 2005 19:39:43 -0600, Jer
    > <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:
    >

    >>Shaolin Superfly wrote:
    >

    >>>If you bought a new Ford truck from a salesman at dealer X you don't then
    >>>go to a dealer Y and ask another salesman questions about the truck. They'd
    >>>laugh in your face and tell you to go back where you bought it. Even though
    >>>they both sell Ford trucks. It's common sense. Something that is apparantly
    >>>beyond you.
    >>
    >>If I've already bought the truck, why would I care to ever see a
    >>salesperson again? But, to follow your analogy, I purchased a new sedan
    >>in 1983, and I can go to ANY Mercedes dealer to get great service,
    >>long-winded answers, really bad coffee (including refills), and multiple
    >>blank stares any time they and I share the same GPS coordinates. I
    >>don't think they laugh until after I leave with all their donuts.
    >

    > All it takes is a great deal of money. Are you willing to pony up that kind
    > of money for cellular? ;-)

    Sometimes, I feel I already have. :)

    >>>We need references please. Name one phone from any major manufacturer,
    >>>carried by Cingular, made within the last 4 years, that has no manual
    >>>available.
    >>
    >>Within the last 4 years? You're kidding, right? People I know have had
    >>their phones a lot longer than that, so long in fact they don't have any
    >>user manuals, assuming they had one to start with. However, following
    >>along again, how 'bout a Oki 201R, it's a 3w AMPS phone currently
    >>installed in the roof of a truck that hasn't seen pavement since the
    >>phone was installed, unless the kid swiped it again after he grew up.
    >

    > If that's the best you can do, don't expect us to take you seriously.

    Well, sorry Johnny, that's the deal, take it or leave it. This
    particular truck spends it's entire life in Amps World (Texas panhandle)
    where CDPD still rules and legacy equipment is still law. There is
    another truck with a Hughes phone, but I can't recall the model number
    just now, but age is similar. All considered, I wonder if current
    equipment choices can tolerate the extreme conditions these legacy
    phones have survived through the years, and maybe something better than
    disposable consumer grade is available for future upgrades.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Motorola Phones Cingular