I am connected by ethernet cable but computer is saying no connections are avail

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
install/reinstall your NIC driver. your motherboard/computers manufacturer will have the driver available on their website. download it on another computer then transfer it how ever you can. thumb drive works well.

kushagra98

Honorable
May 16, 2012
first it was running fine on my computer then i just reboot my windows 7 and icant connect . when i connect ethernet cable to another computer a green light is shown on LAN 1 but in this computer no light is shown as if cable is not conncted

kushagra98

Honorable
May 16, 2012

i have windows 7 ultimate and in the system tray there is a red cross on internet, it was working fine before i just rebooted my windows . no cd was provided by the isp when i connect the ethernet cable to another computer the light on the router start and i m able to use . plzz help me some

Look at Network Adapters in Device Manager and see if your Ethernet is working properly (No yellow mark beside it)
If it's good, go to 'Manage Network Connections' and check to see if your Local Area Connection is enabled (no red cross) If youre not sure how to find these 'Start' and use the search facility...