Sharing my printer

Ok so i made a homegroup and set it up on the other PC, i can get info off my sons PC but he cant use my printer or see my files. Whats going on ? I have the printer set to share i cant even see it on his PC.

This file sharing stuff is not my strong point, can someone try to ease my burnen.

All i need to do is let him share my printer

Any help would be grate thanks.

Solution
Try both network set to Home network. If it is not helping then leave homegroup and set again.

I had a similar problem sharing my internet between my laptop and desktop. First time it worked but 2nd time it didnt. So i do set homegroup again.

mubin

Distinguished
Try both network set to Home network. If it is not helping then leave homegroup and set again.

I had a similar problem sharing my internet between my laptop and desktop. First time it worked but 2nd time it didnt. So i do set homegroup again.

Solution

I tryed this to no avail

Both see each other but on my sons PC dont see the printer. Also pass word is set on each PC but when iam on my sons PC it said i dont have permission to accsess

Forget about all these homegroup, use standard Windows accounts and sharing. In Control Panel | Folder Options, clear check mark off "Use simple file sharing".

Make an user account for four son on the PC where the printer is shared, and make sure your son logs into his computer with same username / password. The password should be not blank.

When sharing the printer, indicate this account as having full rights over the printer.