Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Remembering the good old days.....

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Sims
  • Games
  • IBM
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 1:53:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

When the discussions here were about flight sims...

More about : remembering good days

June 20, 2005 3:44:12 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Mitch, if you have a question or comment about any past, current or future
flight sim then by all means POST AWAY!

You complain of a lack of flight sim posts, but that is all you do. If YOU
cannot think of anything flight sim related, how is it you complain that
others cannot think of anything either?

If no one can think of any flight sim related subjects, what is wrong with
filling the time with other subjects?



"Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message
news:Xns967B649CFC637ta2eene2@216.196.97.131...
>
>
>
> When the discussions here were about flight sims...
>
>
>
>
June 20, 2005 9:20:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Mitchell Holman <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in
news:Xns967B649CFC637ta2eene2@216.196.97.131:

>
>
>
> When the discussions here were about flight sims...
>
>
>
>

Nothing like a post about the sig/noise ratio that adds nothing to the
signal. Well done!

Chuck

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Related resources
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:49:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

don't toppost.



Joe wrote:
> Mitch, if you have a question or comment about any past, current or future
> flight sim then by all means POST AWAY!
>
> You complain of a lack of flight sim posts, but that is all you do. If YOU
> cannot think of anything flight sim related, how is it you complain that
> others cannot think of anything either?
>
> If no one can think of any flight sim related subjects, what is wrong with
> filling the time with other subjects?
>
>
>
> "Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns967B649CFC637ta2eene2@216.196.97.131...
>
>>
>>
>> When the discussions here were about flight sims...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:49:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Blow me

PAPADOC

>don't toppost.
>
>
>
>Joe wrote:
>> Mitch, if you have a question or comment about any past, current or future
>> flight sim then by all means POST AWAY!
>>
>> You complain of a lack of flight sim posts, but that is all you do. If YOU
>> cannot think of anything flight sim related, how is it you complain that
>> others cannot think of anything either?
>>
>> If no one can think of any flight sim related subjects, what is wrong with
>> filling the time with other subjects?
>>
>>
>>
>> "Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message
>> news:Xns967B649CFC637ta2eene2@216.196.97.131...
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> When the discussions here were about flight sims...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>

My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:41:40 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message
news:Xns967B649CFC637ta2eene2@216.196.97.131...
>
>
>
> When the discussions here were about flight sims...

One of the few times I agreed with poopydoc was that the Voodoo5 was king of
the video cards in its hey day

>
>
>
>
June 20, 2005 10:43:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message
news:Xns967B649CFC637ta2eene2@216.196.97.131...
>
>
>
> When the discussions here were about flight sims...
>
>
>
>

I see you didn't want to talk about flight sims either.....

But you had no problem making a off topic post yourself I see !


























Allan


--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
June 21, 2005 2:33:17 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

It's normal for notes to be added to the top of a hard copy file,
why should electronic notes be any different

"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
news:D 96om1$kq$1@news.cistron.nl...
> don't toppost.

Bottom posting is cool, when old stuff is deleted.
<snip>
June 21, 2005 2:33:18 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"Sunny" <wombathouse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:NuHte.24495$F7.6083@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> It's normal for notes to be added to the top of a hard copy file,
> why should electronic notes be any different


You must be a new on the net then.

The standard has always been bottom posting.

Far easier to read, and when properly snipped, a much
FASTER read.

Top posters have the terrible (!!!) habit of quoting an entire lengthily
post
just to add a one line response. VERY annoying and rude.

The POLITE thing is to trim/snip to get to the relevant part, and then
add your reply underneath.




When someone is a top poster it tells everyone else that they
are just plain lazy............................















Allan


--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
June 21, 2005 2:33:19 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they are
an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.


"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:2NmdnS-TzYvK2yrfRVn-qQ@comcast.com...

>
> You must be a new on the net then.
>
> The standard has always been bottom posting.
>
> Far easier to read, and when properly snipped, a much
> FASTER read.
>
> Top posters have the terrible (!!!) habit of quoting an entire lengthily
> post
> just to add a one line response. VERY annoying and rude.
>
> The POLITE thing is to trim/snip to get to the relevant part, and then
> add your reply underneath.
>
>
>
>
> When someone is a top poster it tells everyone else that they
> are just plain lazy............................
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Allan
>
>
> --
> Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
>
>
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:43:18 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Aint that the truth :) 

"JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
news:%RHte.420$Vr6.3328@eagle.america.net...
> And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they are
> an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.
>
June 21, 2005 3:43:19 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Hehe.......I love the word "netiquette". Ranks right up there with
"military intelligence", on the oxymoron scale.


"Mitch_A" <naman@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:qwIte.1535$Bx6.1449@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> Aint that the truth :) 
>
> "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
> news:%RHte.420$Vr6.3328@eagle.america.net...
> > And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they
are
> > an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.
> >
>
>
June 21, 2005 4:49:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:2NmdnS-TzYvK2yrfRVn-qQ@comcast.com...
> "Sunny" <wombathouse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:NuHte.24495$F7.6083@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> It's normal for notes to be added to the top of a hard copy file,
>> why should electronic notes be any different
> Top posters have the terrible (!!!) habit of quoting an entire lengthily
> post
<snip> and Snap <g>
June 21, 2005 1:20:56 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
news:%RHte.420$Vr6.3328@eagle.america.net...
> And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they are
> an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.
>


I have plenty of life outside a PC.

I am not lazy like you however...................




























Allan


--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
June 21, 2005 1:20:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Cool. I'm not a anal retentive moron, who not only concerns himself with
meaningless items, but on usenet no less. You need to become a forum mod
somewhere, to better satisfy your Napoleon complex.

p.s. Don't you have some dusting to do ?


"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o b-dnWABzq5hhiXfRVn-ug@comcast.com...
>
> "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
> news:%RHte.420$Vr6.3328@eagle.america.net...
> > And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they
are
> > an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.
> >
>
>
> I have plenty of life outside a PC.
>
> I am not lazy like you however...................
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Allan
>
>
> --
> Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
>
>
>
>
June 21, 2005 4:00:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
news:gmVte.445$Vr6.3725@eagle.america.net...
> Cool. I'm not a anal retentive moron, who not only concerns himself with
> meaningless items, but on usenet no less.


Your just a newbie with NG's Obiviously you havnt been around
them very long.
You are only interested in making your own life easier
I understand....................



> p.s. Don't you have some dusting to do ?

Don't worry, I already swept you under the carpet...........
























Allan


--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
June 21, 2005 5:41:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:eM6dnUcNf-kG3CXfRVn-uw@comcast.com...
>
> "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
> news:gmVte.445$Vr6.3725@eagle.america.net...
> > Cool. I'm not a anal retentive moron, who not only concerns himself
with
> > meaningless items, but on usenet no less.
>
>
> Your just a newbie with NG's Obiviously you havnt been around
> them very long.
> You are only interested in making your own life easier
> I understand....................
>
>
>
> > p.s. Don't you have some dusting to do ?
>
> Don't worry, I already swept you under the carpet...........

>
>
>
> Allan
>
>
> --
> Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
>



Oh, I've been around much longer than you probably think (obviously, that
is another minor item that seems important in your shallow life, but
anyway).

Now, if you're going to sweep me under the carpet, why don't you make it
complete, and do the other most common insecure, net nerd trick of typing
the word "plonk", complete with the presumed feeling of machismo and
self-satisfaction that that seems to bring to those of your ilk.
June 21, 2005 5:42:21 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:eM6dnUcNf-kG3CXfRVn-uw@comcast.com...
>
> "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
> news:gmVte.445$Vr6.3725@eagle.america.net...
> > Cool. I'm not a anal retentive moron, who not only concerns himself
with
> > meaningless items, but on usenet no less.
>
>
> Your just a newbie with NG's Obiviously you havnt been around
> them very long.
> You are only interested in making your own life easier
> I understand....................
>
>
>
> > p.s. Don't you have some dusting to do ?
>
> Don't worry, I already swept you under the carpet...........

>
>
>
> Allan
>
>
> --
> Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will


p.s. for someone so concerned with ng "rules and regs", try learning how to
spell/grammer before worrying about others.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:57:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

CALLING OLD SALT

CALLING OLD SALT

ARE YOU THERE, OLD SALT?

SAVE US, OLD SALT.

YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE.
June 22, 2005 12:32:46 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
news:JeZte.460$Vr6.3753@eagle.america.net...

>
> Oh, I've been around much longer than you probably think

WoW, you are legend in your mind...................





























Allan


--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
June 22, 2005 2:47:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Nah, you have enough arrogance and conceit for the both of us, but thanks.




"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:wqmdnYRUoMkLJCXfRVn-jg@comcast.com...
>
> "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
> news:JeZte.460$Vr6.3753@eagle.america.net...
>
> >
> > Oh, I've been around much longer than you probably think
>
> WoW, you are legend in your mind...................
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Allan
>
>
> --
> Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
>
>
>
June 22, 2005 12:39:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
news:Be5ue.485$Vr6.3855@eagle.america.net...
> Nah, you have enough arrogance and conceit for the both of us, but thanks.




And your still just a newbie, laazy, and a top poster...































Allan


--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
June 22, 2005 1:11:40 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

<picture me standing with knees slightly flexed, one hand on table,
other on forehead, with palm out>......... "How can I go on.....life isn't
worth living anymore"


p.s. better that than an anal, no life loser. Something you can
relate to quite well.

p.p.s. you seem to be following this thread just fine.........the
horror !



"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:h6udncwald5w9CTfRVn-hQ@comcast.com...
>
> "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
> news:Be5ue.485$Vr6.3855@eagle.america.net...
> > Nah, you have enough arrogance and conceit for the both of us, but
thanks.
>
>
>
>
> And your still just a newbie, laazy, and a top poster...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Allan
>
>
> --
> Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
>
>
June 22, 2005 2:13:41 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
"JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
news:Zneue.6$aH.43@eagle.america.net...

> <picture me standing with knees slightly flexed, one hand on table,
> other on forehead, with palm out>......... "How can I go on.....life
> isn't
> worth living anymore"


Self expiration is always an answer.

You should try it sometime..........................




























Allan
July 14, 2005 9:17:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On 21 Jun 2005 19:57:55 -0700, scharmers@hotmail.com wrote:

>CALLING OLD SALT
>
>CALLING OLD SALT
>
>ARE YOU THERE, OLD SALT?
>
>SAVE US, OLD SALT.
>
>YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE.

lol I love this place :) 
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 7:41:05 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Anyone seen my copy of FalconMAC anywhere?

*grin*

-Surfer

Weaver wrote:
> On 21 Jun 2005 19:57:55 -0700, scharmers@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>
>>CALLING OLD SALT
>>
>>CALLING OLD SALT
>>
>>ARE YOU THERE, OLD SALT?
>>
>>SAVE US, OLD SALT.
>>
>>YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE.
>
>
> lol I love this place :) 
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 11:18:40 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Anyone seen my copy of FalconMAC anywhere?
*grin*
-Surfer

Ah, the days when you got a 150 page manual (and a fold out mao) for a
one 3.5 floppy sim.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 11:56:23 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

tomcervo wrote:
> Anyone seen my copy of FalconMAC anywhere?

I think I saw it under a stack of LP's.