Remembering the good old days.....

When the discussions here were about flight sims...
27 answers Last reply
More about remembering good days
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Mitch, if you have a question or comment about any past, current or future
    flight sim then by all means POST AWAY!

    You complain of a lack of flight sim posts, but that is all you do. If YOU
    cannot think of anything flight sim related, how is it you complain that
    others cannot think of anything either?

    If no one can think of any flight sim related subjects, what is wrong with
    filling the time with other subjects?

    "Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message

    > When the discussions here were about flight sims...

  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Mitchell Holman <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in

    > When the discussions here were about flight sims...

    Nothing like a post about the sig/noise ratio that adds nothing to the
    signal. Well done!

    Chuck

    --
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

    don't toppost.

    Joe wrote:
    > Mitch, if you have a question or comment about any past, current or future
    > flight sim then by all means POST AWAY!
    >
    > You complain of a lack of flight sim posts, but that is all you do. If YOU
    > cannot think of anything flight sim related, how is it you complain that
    > others cannot think of anything either?
    >
    > If no one can think of any flight sim related subjects, what is wrong with
    > filling the time with other subjects?
    >

    > "Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message
    >

    >> When the discussions here were about flight sims...

  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Blow me

    PAPADOC

    >don't toppost.
    >

    >Joe wrote:
    >> Mitch, if you have a question or comment about any past, current or future
    >> flight sim then by all means POST AWAY!
    >>
    >> You complain of a lack of flight sim posts, but that is all you do. If YOU
    >> cannot think of anything flight sim related, how is it you complain that
    >> others cannot think of anything either?
    >>
    >> If no one can think of any flight sim related subjects, what is wrong with
    >> filling the time with other subjects?
    >>

    >> "Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> When the discussions here were about flight sims...

    My Blog all about politics and the terror war.
    www.papadoc.net/PinkFlamingoBar.html
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message

    > When the discussions here were about flight sims...

    One of the few times I agreed with poopydoc was that the Voodoo5 was king of
    the video cards in its hey day

  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Mitchell Holman" <ta2eneNoEmal*@comcast.com> wrote in message

    > When the discussions here were about flight sims...

    I see you didn't want to talk about flight sims either.....

    But you had no problem making a off topic post yourself I see !

    Allan

    --
    Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    It's normal for notes to be added to the top of a hard copy file,
    why should electronic notes be any different

    "Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
    > don't toppost.

    Bottom posting is cool, when old stuff is deleted.
    <snip>
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Sunny" <wombathouse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > It's normal for notes to be added to the top of a hard copy file,
    > why should electronic notes be any different

    You must be a new on the net then.

    The standard has always been bottom posting.

    Far easier to read, and when properly snipped, a much
    FASTER read.

    Top posters have the terrible (!!!) habit of quoting an entire lengthily
    post
    just to add a one line response. VERY annoying and rude.

    The POLITE thing is to trim/snip to get to the relevant part, and then
    add your reply underneath.

    When someone is a top poster it tells everyone else that they
    are just plain lazy............................

    Allan

    --
    Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they are
    an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.

    "AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > You must be a new on the net then.
    >
    > The standard has always been bottom posting.
    >
    > Far easier to read, and when properly snipped, a much
    > FASTER read.
    >
    > Top posters have the terrible (!!!) habit of quoting an entire lengthily
    > post
    > just to add a one line response. VERY annoying and rude.
    >
    > The POLITE thing is to trim/snip to get to the relevant part, and then
    > add your reply underneath.
    >

    > When someone is a top poster it tells everyone else that they
    > are just plain lazy............................

    > Allan
    >

    > --
    > Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Aint that the truth :)

    "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
    > And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they are
    > an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.

  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hehe.......I love the word "netiquette". Ranks right up there with
    "military intelligence", on the oxymoron scale.

    "Mitch_A" <naman@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Aint that the truth :)
    >
    > "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
    > > And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they
    are
    > > an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.

  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > "Sunny" <wombathouse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >> It's normal for notes to be added to the top of a hard copy file,
    >> why should electronic notes be any different
    > Top posters have the terrible (!!!) habit of quoting an entire lengthily
    > post
    <snip> and Snap <g>
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
    > And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they are
    > an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.

    I have plenty of life outside a PC.

    I am not lazy like you however...................

    Allan

    --
    Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Cool. I'm not a anal retentive moron, who not only concerns himself with
    meaningless items, but on usenet no less. You need to become a forum mod
    somewhere, to better satisfy your Napoleon complex.

    p.s. Don't you have some dusting to do ?

    > "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
    > > And when someone complains about it, it tells everyone else that they
    are
    > > an anal nerd who needs to get a life outside the pc.
    > >

    > I have plenty of life outside a PC.
    >
    > I am not lazy like you however...................

    > Allan
    >

    > --
    > Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    > Cool. I'm not a anal retentive moron, who not only concerns himself with
    > meaningless items, but on usenet no less.

    Your just a newbie with NG's Obiviously you havnt been around
    them very long.
    You are only interested in making your own life easier
    I understand....................

    > p.s. Don't you have some dusting to do ?

    Don't worry, I already swept you under the carpet...........

    Allan

    --
    Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    > "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
    > > Cool. I'm not a anal retentive moron, who not only concerns himself
    with
    > > meaningless items, but on usenet no less.
    >

    > Your just a newbie with NG's Obiviously you havnt been around
    > them very long.
    > You are only interested in making your own life easier
    > I understand....................
    >

    > > p.s. Don't you have some dusting to do ?
    >
    > Don't worry, I already swept you under the carpet...........

    > Allan
    >

    > --
    > Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

    Oh, I've been around much longer than you probably think (obviously, that
    is another minor item that seems important in your shallow life, but
    anyway).

    Now, if you're going to sweep me under the carpet, why don't you make it
    complete, and do the other most common insecure, net nerd trick of typing
    the word "plonk", complete with the presumed feeling of machismo and
    self-satisfaction that that seems to bring to those of your ilk.
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
    > > Cool. I'm not a anal retentive moron, who not only concerns himself
    with
    > > meaningless items, but on usenet no less.
    >

    > Your just a newbie with NG's Obiviously you havnt been around
    > them very long.
    > You are only interested in making your own life easier
    > I understand....................
    >

    > > p.s. Don't you have some dusting to do ?
    >
    > Don't worry, I already swept you under the carpet...........

    > Allan
    >

    > --
    > Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

    p.s. for someone so concerned with ng "rules and regs", try learning how to
    spell/grammer before worrying about others.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    CALLING OLD SALT

    CALLING OLD SALT

    ARE YOU THERE, OLD SALT?

    SAVE US, OLD SALT.

    YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    > Oh, I've been around much longer than you probably think

    WoW, you are legend in your mind...................

    Allan

    --
    Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Nah, you have enough arrogance and conceit for the both of us, but thanks.

    > "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
    >

    > > Oh, I've been around much longer than you probably think
    >
    > WoW, you are legend in your mind...................

    > Allan
    >

    > --
    > Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    > Nah, you have enough arrogance and conceit for the both of us, but thanks.

    And your still just a newbie, laazy, and a top poster...

    Allan

    --
    Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    <picture me standing with knees slightly flexed, one hand on table,
    other on forehead, with palm out>......... "How can I go on.....life isn't
    worth living anymore"

    p.s. better that than an anal, no life loser. Something you can
    relate to quite well.

    p.p.s. you seem to be following this thread just fine.........the
    horror !

    > "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
    > > Nah, you have enough arrogance and conceit for the both of us, but
    thanks.

    > And your still just a newbie, laazy, and a top poster...

    > Allan
    >

    > --
    > Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    --

    > <picture me standing with knees slightly flexed, one hand on table,
    > other on forehead, with palm out>......... "How can I go on.....life
    > isn't
    > worth living anymore"

    Self expiration is always an answer.

    You should try it sometime..........................

    Allan
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On 21 Jun 2005 19:57:55 -0700, scharmers@hotmail.com wrote:

    >CALLING OLD SALT
    >
    >CALLING OLD SALT
    >
    >ARE YOU THERE, OLD SALT?
    >
    >SAVE US, OLD SALT.
    >
    >YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE.

    lol I love this place :)
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Anyone seen my copy of FalconMAC anywhere?

    *grin*

    -Surfer

    Weaver wrote:
    > On 21 Jun 2005 19:57:55 -0700, scharmers@hotmail.com wrote:
    >

    >>CALLING OLD SALT
    >>
    >>CALLING OLD SALT
    >>
    >>ARE YOU THERE, OLD SALT?
    >>
    >>SAVE US, OLD SALT.
    >>
    >>YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE.
    >

    > lol I love this place :)
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Anyone seen my copy of FalconMAC anywhere?
    *grin*
    -Surfer

    Ah, the days when you got a 150 page manual (and a fold out mao) for a
    one 3.5 floppy sim.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    tomcervo wrote:
    > Anyone seen my copy of FalconMAC anywhere?

    I think I saw it under a stack of LP's.

PC gaming Sims Games IBM Video Games