Open Letter to Red States - not my original work

Last response: in Video Games
June 21, 2005 2:59:18 AM

Dear Red States,

We're ticked off at the way you've treated California, and we've decided
we're
leaving.

We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States
with
us. In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington,
Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We believe
this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of
the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research and the best beaches.
We get Eliot Spitzer. You get Ken Lay.
We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.
We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.
We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.
You get Alabama.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red
states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian
Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single
moms.

Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and
we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need
people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently
willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don't care if you
don't show pictures of their children's caskets coming home. We do wish you
success in Iraq, and hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to
spend our resources in Bush's Quagmire.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent of the
country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92
percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of America's quality wines
(you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90 percent of all cheese, 90
percent of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all
living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools,
plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88
percent
of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92 percent
of
all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90 percent of the
hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of
all
televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the
University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was
actually
swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're
discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is
only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of
you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we
lefties.

By the way, we're taking the good pot, too.

You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico.

Sincerely, Author Unknown in New California
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 7:03:46 AM

I thought we already had our civil war and the North won? But since we
are dividing up again can I have Nevada and the slot machines? CA is
nice- I live there. Oh, well, I guess I am just wishfull thinking. Can
I still wave the flag or will we be getting a new one? By the way, I am
incl. aren't I? I don't want MJ- smoking is harmfull to my health.
Isn't CA supposed to fall into the ocean from an earthquake? I have my
waterwings on all the time waiting for the BIG ONE from earthquakes and
Tsunamis. You think I am nuts? People said the same thing to Noah and
his arc- not a cloud in the sky and just an animal nut building a big
boat.

leadfoot wrote:
> [...]
> hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of
> all
> televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the
> University of Georgia.
>
> We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.
>
> Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was
> actually
> swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're
> discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is
> only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of
> you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we
> lefties.
>
> By the way, we're taking the good pot, too.
>
> You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico.
>
> Sincerely, Author Unknown in New California
June 21, 2005 12:49:37 PM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:59:18 -0700, "leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of
>all
>televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the
>University of Georgia.
>
>We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.
>
>Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was
>actually
>swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're
>discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is
>only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of
>you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we
>lefties.
>
>By the way, we're taking the good pot, too.
>
>You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico.
>
>Sincerely, Author Unknown in New California

I was laughing until you mentioned the cheese and the pot...that's
just not funny. :)

BTW, It's ironic that liberals in general seem to consider the
secession of Southern states a heinous act.

Villain
Villain

Paranoia is just another word for longevity.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 2:37:20 PM

leadfoot wrote:
> Dear Red States,

[snip]

You also get 90% of the AIDS cases.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that!" ;-)
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 5:54:11 PM

---<snip>---

no no, that's not fair at all..
it should be done COUNTY BY COUNTY..
your *Illusion* falls apart if it's divided up by counties

*****
shu
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 8:25:05 PM

The blue states will last about a week before they collapse. How can the
blue possibly survive any length of time off of wishful thinking, laziness
and corruption while the red states prosper off of honesty, hard work and a
clear vision.

Mitch
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:53:14 PM

>wishful thinking

WMDs in Iraq

>laziness

President is really the first job George W.'s had. And he spent half
of the first 100 days of his term in office on vacation.

>corruption

Enron and Haliburton.

pwned, Mitch_A
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 4:04:58 PM

Mitch_A wrote:
> The blue states will last about a week before they collapse. How can the
> blue possibly survive any length of time off of wishful thinking, laziness
> and corruption (...)

I thought we in Yurp managed to do just that pretty well ? Surely those
pinko-liberal blue staters can manage that as well ? ;)

Mr. S.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 2:30:21 PM

What we needed was "A FEW GOOD MEN" and they are out there. What we got
was garbage. That so many of us actually supported what we got is a sad
testimony to mediocrity. I have nothing against people making money or
marrying a rich woman- of course "how" they do it is important to know.
In the voting booth I had a perplexing decision to make and I voted for
Kerry and threw up mentally. At least Kerry served for 4 months in
combat- Bush was missing in action at home. Records mysteriously
dissapearing and witnesses with conflicting reports of his whereabouts.
Bush had the promise of being a leader for our country but it was only
an illusion created by pr people. He is giving it all he has within the
limits of his intelect but it just doesn't cut it as leader of the free
world and our country. Woe is us and wringing our hands with anguish.
Now what? One of his daughters next for pres.?

James Calivar wrote:
> [...]
> insulted returning Vietnam vets, claiming they committed atrocities and
> were baby killers. I served in Vietnam (four months). I threw my medals,
> ribbons, or something away in protest. Or did I? My book " Vietnam
> Veterans Against the War: The New Soldier", shows how I truly feel about
> the military. I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> COLLEGE:
> I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. Unlike my
> counterpart George Bush, I have no higher education and did not get
> admitted to Harvard nor graduate with an M.B.A
>
> PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
> After College and Vietnam, I ran for the U.S. Congress and have been
> there ever since. I have no real world experience except marrying very
> rich women and running their companies vicariously through them. I
> served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
> As a U.S. Senator I set the record for the most liberal voting record,
> exceeding even Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton. I have consistently
> failed to support our military and CIA by voting against their budgets,
> thus gutting our country's ability to defend itself. Although I voted
> for the Iraq War, now I am against it and refuse to admit that I voted
> for it. I voted for every liberal piece of legislation. I have no plan
> to help this country but I intend to raise taxes significantly if I am
> elected. I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> My wealth so far exceeds that of my opponent that he will never catch
> up. I make little or no charitable contributions and have never agreed
> to pay any voluntary excess taxes in Massachusetts, despite family
> wealth in excess of $700 million. I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> I (we) own 28 manufacturing plants (Heinz) outside of the U.S. in places
> like Asia, Mexico and Europe. We can make more profit from the cheaper
> cost! of labor in those Countries, although I blame George Bush for
> sending all of the other jobs out of Country. I served in Vietnam (four
> months).
>
> Although I claim to be in favor of alternative energy sources, Ted
> Kennedy and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as it
> might spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts. I served
> in Vietnam (four months).
>
> RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
> None. However, I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> PERSONAL:
> I practice my Catholic faith whenever cameras are present. I ride a
> Serotta Bike. I love to ski/snowboard. I call my Gulfstream V Jet the
> "Flying Squirrel". I call my $850,000 42-foot Hinckley twin diesel yacht
> the "Scarmouche". I am fascinated by rap and hip-hop and feel it
> reflects our real culture. I own several "Large" SUVs including one
> parked at my Nantucket summer mansion, though I am against large,
> polluting, inefficient vehicles and blame George Bush for our energy
> problems. I served in Vietnam (four months).
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 3:46:57 PM

> [...]

Kennedy and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as it
might spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts. I served
in Vietnam (four months).

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
None. However, I served in Vietnam (four months).

PERSONAL:
I practice my Catholic faith whenever cameras are present. I ride a
Serotta Bike. I love to ski/snowboard. I call my Gulfstream V Jet the
"Flying Squirrel". I call my $850,000 42-foot Hinckley twin diesel yacht
the "Scarmouche". I am fascinated by rap and hip-hop and feel it
reflects our real culture. I own several "Large" SUVs including one
parked at my Nantucket summer mansion, though I am against large,
polluting, inefficient vehicles and blame George Bush for our energy
problems. I served in Vietnam (four months).
June 24, 2005 7:02:39 PM

> * I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that
> took land using taxpayer money.

You forgot this is the bozo who traded Sammy Sosa
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 7:57:59 PM

I served in Vietnam (four months).

Congratulations James--even four months in that hellhole deserves the
thanks of a grrateful nation. Thank you for your combat service in Viet
Nam.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 8:42:36 PM

Its funny James but after the Supreme Court raped America this week I think
we have to drop this party nonsense and begin the attack on the real
enemies.

This division between Libs/Cons is nothing more than a deflection of the
real issues taking place in AmeriKa. Divide and Conquer and were as divided
as ever.

The federal government is the ENEMY and they prove it over and over.

BOTH SIDES ARE AT FAULT AND ITS US THE CITIZENS THAT ARE LOSING.

The MEDIA wants to keep the status quo and they also are the enemies of
America.

Wake up people!

If you wish to oppose [statism], you must challenge its basic premises. You
must begin by realizing that there is no such thing as "the public interest"
except as the sum of the interests of individual men. And the basic, common
interest of all men - all rational men - is freedom. Freedom is the first
requirement of "the public interest" - not what men do when they are free,
but that they are free. All their achievements rest on that foundation -
and cannot exist without it. The principles of a free, non-coercive social
system are the only form of "the public interest." Such principles did and
do exist. Try to project such a system. In today's cultural atmosphere, it
might appear to you like a journey into the unknown. But - like Columbus -
what you will discover is America.

Mitch

"James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Although I claim to be in favor of alternative energy sources, Ted Kennedy
> and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as it might
> spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts. I served in
> Vietnam (four months).
>
> RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
> None. However, I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> PERSONAL:
> I practice my Catholic faith whenever cameras are present. I ride a
> Serotta Bike. I love to ski/snowboard. I call my Gulfstream V Jet the
> "Flying Squirrel". I call my $850,000 42-foot Hinckley twin diesel yacht
> the "Scarmouche". I am fascinated by rap and hip-hop and feel it reflects
> our real culture. I own several "Large" SUVs including one parked at my
> Nantucket summer mansion, though I am against large, polluting,
> inefficient vehicles and blame George Bush for our energy problems. I
June 24, 2005 11:13:34 PM

"tomcervo" <tomcervo@aol.com> wrote in message
>I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> Congratulations James--even four months in that hellhole deserves the
> thanks of a grrateful nation. Thank you for your combat service in Viet
> Nam.

I think I am going to throw up now...................
(Kerry is that dishonorable)

Allan

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
Anonymous

tomcervo wrote:
> I served in Vietnam (four months).
>
> Congratulations James--even four months in that hellhole deserves the
> thanks of a grrateful nation. Thank you for your combat service in Viet
> Nam.

You're quite welcome.
!