C550 with Win98!

Last response: in Brands
December 26, 2004 12:49:41 AM

Hi everyone

I searched all over the net but there doesn't seem to be a way to
connect a C550 with a Win98 (1st edition) PC. P2Kman and USB software
apparently only works with Win98SE 2000 XP etc. Am I correct in this? I
have even installed Service Pack 1 which supposedly fixes USB issues but
still nothing. I can get the P2Kman to start but it says 'phone not
connected'. When I first connected the phone via USB cable it was
recognized by the PC and my USB ports work fine with other devices. Do I
have to install 98SE or XP just to get some freakin pictures into my
hardrive???

More about : c550 win98

December 26, 2004 12:49:42 AM

I spent hours trying to get USB software to work with a V220 and Win98 for a
friend ... I finally gave up and took my laptop to their house with XP and
had it working in a couple of minutes.
___________________
Ann
Motorola V551
iPAQ 4355

"everyman" <everyman@net.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone
>
> I searched all over the net but there doesn't seem to be a way to connect
> a C550 with a Win98 (1st edition) PC. P2Kman and USB software apparently
> only works with Win98SE 2000 XP etc. Am I correct in this? I have even
> installed Service Pack 1 which supposedly fixes USB issues but still
> nothing. I can get the P2Kman to start but it says 'phone not connected'.
> When I first connected the phone via USB cable it was recognized by the PC
> and my USB ports work fine with other devices. Do I have to install 98SE
> or XP just to get some freakin pictures into my hardrive???

December 27, 2004 9:00:04 PM

I'm having the same problem with my V620 and Win98 SE and the Mobile
PhoneTools software. My PC recognizes the phone via the USB cable, but will
not allow me to transfer multimedia files between the phone and the PC.

I now have two options: returning the phone, or buying a laptop with
Windows XP :(
!