Longbow 2 speech stuttering problem on athlon 2500+

System:
AMD barton 2500+ (1833 mhz)
256MB ram, soltek nforce 2 mainboard, sblive Value

The game's running fine after the 209e update, as well as the d3d cards
update. The only thing messed up is the speech. I'm getting missile tones,
warning tones, outside sounds as I scrape the tail on the floor ( still
learning) and all other environmentals just fine.

Problem with speech: It starts to play and then cuts off about a second or
two into the speech. The next time it has to say something, it does the
same. Speech is not lost completely. Every burst of speech gets abruptly
cur off.

??
3 answers Last reply
More about longbow speech stuttering problem athlon 2500
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    I was thinking about trying LB2 on my XP machine. I have a Raedon
    X800 Pro and already have the 209e patch. Where can I get the d3d
    cards update you mention.

    --

    gcisko@hotmail.com

    "joseph philip" <joseph@nntp.will.suffice> wrote in message
    > System:
    > AMD barton 2500+ (1833 mhz)
    > 256MB ram, soltek nforce 2 mainboard, sblive Value
    >
    > The game's running fine after the 209e update, as well as the d3d cards
    > update. The only thing messed up is the speech. I'm getting missile tones,
    > warning tones, outside sounds as I scrape the tail on the floor ( still
    > learning) and all other environmentals just fine.
    >
    > Problem with speech: It starts to play and then cuts off about a second or
    > two into the speech. The next time it has to say something, it does the
    > same. Speech is not lost completely. Every burst of speech gets abruptly
    > cur off.
    >
    > ??

  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Don't know if this is works for WinXP (Can't remember where I saved it from
    either)
    ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/janes/patches/longbow_2/lb2_ddu.exe
    What it does
    This is a display driver update to allow Longbow 2 to run 3D accelerated on
    3D accelerator cards using the following chipsets:

    Riva 128
    Rendition Verite V2100 and V2200
    TI/3D Labs Permedia 2
    Intel i740
    Matrox G200

    The Display Driver upgrade may support other chipsets; however, only the
    above five have been thoroughly tested. Please see the section titled "Card
    Specific Information" below for additional information on both supported and
    non-supported chipsets. If you have a 3Dfx graphics card, use the Glide
    version of the game.

    How to install it
    To install the Longbow 2 drivers, run the self-extracting archive
    LB2_DDU.EXE. This will install the Device Driver Update into your Longbow 2
    directory.

    Note: This update requires that you have the Longbow 2 patch, version
    2.09F(LB2209E.EXE), before it will install.
    DRIVER SETUP

    During the installation of the Display Driver Update, you will be asked to
    tell Longbow 2 about your video hardware. If you find that the graphics are
    scrambled in certain views, you may have selected the wrong chipset.

    To set up or the correct drivers for your specific accelerator card, you
    need to run the program LB2CFG.EXE in your Longbow 2 directory. This program
    is also located in the Windows Start menu, under Programs\Jane's Combat
    Simulations\Longbow 2\LB2 Graphics Configuration.

    LB2CFG will display a dialog box that allows you to select which display
    engine LB2 will attempt to run. The three choices are 3Dfx, Direct3D, and
    Software. If you have a 3Dfx card, we suggest that you select the 3Dfx
    option, since LB2 was optimized for operation on 3Dfx based cards. If you
    have any of the cards supported by this update, select Direct3D. This allows
    you to select, from the pulldown menu titled "Direct3D Chipset Selection",
    the card that you own. This will set up the configuration for your specific
    card. If you do not have hardware acceleration, or want to see the game run
    in Software mode, select Software.
    To change these options again, simply re-run LB2CFG.
    Have a look at :
    http://www.speichts.com/games/lb2/index.htm

    "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I was thinking about trying LB2 on my XP machine. I have a Raedon
    > X800 Pro and already have the 209e patch. Where can I get the d3d
    > cards update you mention.
    >
    > --
    >
    > gcisko@hotmail.com
    >

    > "joseph philip" <joseph@nntp.will.suffice> wrote in message
    >> System:
    >> AMD barton 2500+ (1833 mhz)
    >> 256MB ram, soltek nforce 2 mainboard, sblive Value
    >>
    >> The game's running fine after the 209e update, as well as the d3d cards
    >> update. The only thing messed up is the speech. I'm getting missile
    >> tones,
    >> warning tones, outside sounds as I scrape the tail on the floor ( still
    >> learning) and all other environmentals just fine.
    >>
    >> Problem with speech: It starts to play and then cuts off about a second
    >> or
    >> two into the speech. The next time it has to say something, it does the
    >> same. Speech is not lost completely. Every burst of speech gets abruptly
    >> cur off.
    >>
    >> ??

  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:51:19 -0500, Greg Cisko wrote:

    > I was thinking about trying LB2 on my XP machine. I have a Raedon
    > X800 Pro and already have the 209e patch. Where can I get the d3d
    > cards update you mention.

    I just googled for "LongBow 2" "Patch" and found a few links.

    The speech is still problematic. I'm not sure if it's because of the
    processor speed or if it's the sblive stuff. See, I 'm running win2000
    sblive drivers on win98SE because the win98 drivers don't work as
    expected on my 1833mhz processor.

PC gaming Video Games