Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 windows Explorer.exe keeps restarting.

Last response: in Windows 7
May 16, 2012 11:20:05 AM

Why Microsoft company can not do something about this issue and many people using windows are have serious trouble with this madness. Could they recommend or provide a software to take care of this problem. I am have the same problem and sometime I want to throw my computer away.
a b $ Windows 7
May 16, 2012 12:35:52 PM

calm down, its ok you broke explorer.exe, we can help.

click start
in the run box type
CMD
and hit enter
type
SFC /SCANNOW
and hit enter. windows will run a system file check and repair files not in the original state.
check back when you have done that
m
l
May 16, 2012 12:42:25 PM

Stand back. We're from the Internet.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 16, 2012 1:27:52 PM

LOL @ randini and nameless.

The first rule of Tomshardware is: Get a good antivirus

The second rule of tomshardware is: Do not use broken software.

The third rule of tomshardware is: Do not randomly click on "Yes" if your surfing the internet and random pages pop up saying you need to download their amazing antivirus because it will fix you up and your dog.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 16, 2012 1:34:22 PM

Chainzsaw said:
LOL @ randini and nameless.

The first rule of Tomshardware is: Get a good antivirus

The second rule of tomshardware is: Do not use broken software.

The third rule of tomshardware is: Do not randomly click on "Yes" if your surfing the internet and random pages pop up saying you need to download their amazing antivirus because it will fix you up and your dog.

The fourth rule = dont mess with Chainzsaw =-)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 16, 2012 2:07:05 PM

the great randini said:
The third rule = dont mess with Chainzsaw

The 5th rule of Toms is : Do not duplicate the third rule! :p 
m
l
May 23, 2012 10:31:53 AM

SYHarris said:
Why Microsoft company can not do something about this issue and many people using windows are have serious trouble with this madness. Could they recommend or provide a software to take care of this problem. I am have the same problem and sometime I want to throw my computer away.

I have done the sfc/scannow, which took about 30 mins. but the problem still persist.
I receive this message: "windows resource protection did find any integrity violations."
m
l
January 16, 2014 11:55:20 PM

Do you have an Autodesk program installed on the PC? If that is the case, try to unistall Autodesk 360 from the control panel. As a matter of instability of the same program installed on some versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8, ends up causing problems with explorer.exe, the most common is the constant restarting of the latter.
m
l
August 19, 2014 4:54:47 PM

the great randini said:
calm down, its ok you broke explorer.exe, we can help.

click start
in the run box type
CMD
and hit enter
type
SFC /SCANNOW
and hit enter. windows will run a system file check and repair files not in the original state.
check back when you have done that

namelessmuffin said:
Stand back. We're from the Internet.

Men your awesome thnx
m
l
!