Anything that can go wrong... *DELETED*

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Kingston has been having problems lately. Even though their 128MB RDRAM modules seem to be excluded from them for the most part, I can no longer recommend anything RDRAM from Kingston. Recent articles have pointed to Samsung now using 32ns chips on their PC1066 products...so...time to change boats midstream...

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

crontab

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001
Crashman, I didn't know that you could even boot GA-8IHXP with PC600 RDRAM? Learn something new every day.
I have to agree with you on the Samsung.

Cheers, crontab -l

Go ahead,,,make my day! root@sys02 /root> kill -9 1

crontab

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001
Bump! I dig the tag line! UNIX LIVE FREE OR DIE!

I had the same mobo as you but I was using a 2.53 P4.

This is my rig:
Intel 2.53 P4
Gigabyte GA-8IHXP
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Kingston PC1066 32ns 2 x 256mb = 512mb
2 IBM 120GXP 60GB ATA100 HD's
Antec SX835-II Case w/350 watt PS.
ViewSonic 19" Monitor E90F
OS = Win2K/Redhat Dual Boot

I would give Kingston another chance. They really did right by me for my replacement. And as for restocking cost, there are none when dealing directly with Kingston. If you give them a CC # they will cross ship it to you and provide you with a FedEx account number to use for return shipment. So there is NO COST to you what so ever.

Cheers, crontab -l

Go ahead,,,make my day! root@sys02 /root> kill -9 1

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The i850/i850E have a 3x multiplier for the RDRAM, which is necessary for running PC800 on a 133MHz bus, but also makes it possible to run PC 600 on a 100MHz bus.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>