Sign in with
Your question

Error loading Windows

Last response: in Storage
November 2, 2002 1:05:22 AM

Hey folks,

I'm using a Western Digital 120GB Special Edition using the NFTS (as recommended by the Windows 2000 Pro installer). I successfully installed Windows but now when it loads (after the white bar fills) a blue screen appears which begins with several memory address followed by the error message "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". It says to check for any viruses among other useless solutions (one recommends removing any newly installed hard drives. That would be difficult seeing as how the OS is on it).

Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? The HD was partitioned initially in FAT32 by a startup disk, formatted and then reformatted to NFTS by the W2K installer. I've done it twice so far and both times the same error message comes up 4 out of 5 times loading up Windows.

Any ideas? Thanks everyone

More about : error loading windows

a b G Storage
November 2, 2002 6:02:17 PM

if a disk came with the drive try running the utilities on it scandisk and such. could be a bad area on the disk. if so replace asap
November 2, 2002 7:32:26 PM

I agree. Also, if it still doesnt work,
1. Check for a secure cable connection, especially for bent pins. Then,
2. Try Fat 32. It will be less efficient, but it mIgHt help. Then, if all else fails,
3. Try using fat 16, if possible.
!