Allied Force out yet?

Last response: in Video Games
June 29, 2005 7:21:02 PM

Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
copy of F4:AF???

Icer

More about : allied force

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:21:03 PM

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
> copy of F4:AF???
>
> Icer

Yup, my local Fry's had 30 copies for sale at $19.99
June 29, 2005 8:50:56 PM

If past expierence with release dates is any indication, a "Release Date" of
June 28 means that on June 28 the sims in the warehouses are loaded onto the
trucks but have not yet arrived in the stores. A particular store may have
it today or several days from now depending on how far the store in question
is from the warehouse.

I live in Virginia. F4:AF is supposed to ship June 28. GameStop advertises a
game from Atari called "Falcon 4 Gold" and claims that the game was shipped
June 28 and is in their stores. Since there is no such animal as "Falcon 4
Gold" I called up a local Gamestop and asked them if F4 Gold was really
F4:AF but misslabeled on the GameStop site due to a Webmaster screwup. He
told me that there was likely a screwup on the web site and that F4:AF was
on the way and would arrive sometime before Saturday. So it looks like
Gamestop is a *possible* source for F4:AF.

Another store that advertised F4:AF is WalMart. Up until today they claimed
that F4:AF would be shipping June 28. As of Today (June28) WalMart has
changed the page to read "Out Of Stock". Likely meaning that there is now a
slot for F4:AF in the WalMart inventory but no actual boxes of sims are
filling that slot.

A change in Lead Persuit's site says the sim has shipped. They are offereing
it in the online store http://store.yahoo.com/graphsim/gaforpccd.html

So the sim is out and on the way. We should be kicking in the afterburners
by Saturday.

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
> copy of F4:AF???
>
> Icer
June 29, 2005 9:46:09 PM

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
> copy of F4:AF???
>
> Icer

I got mine delivered by FedEx today. Unfortunately won't have much time
today because the wifey wants to go see War of the Worlds. Can't complain
about that I guess. At least it isn't an evening with the in-laws. ;)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:09:32 PM

G. Patricks wrote:
> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
> copy of F4:AF???
>
> Icer

Mine shipped today from Graphsim.com, next day air, so I should have it
tomorrow.
Probably won't have time to load it up and mess around till the weekend.

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:53:23 PM

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

> "G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
>> copy of F4:AF???
>>
>> Icer
>
> I got mine delivered by FedEx today. Unfortunately won't have much time
> today because the wifey wants to go see War of the Worlds. Can't complain
> about that I guess. At least it isn't an evening with the in-laws. ;)

Just installed it, and it was pretty flawless. Haven't tried to fly yet, but
options are pretty standard with existing Falcon.

One thing that irks me, however, is that there is no keycard included. I can
understand no 700+ page manual, but a keycard for this kind of thing is
essential. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due with my shabby paper one.
June 29, 2005 11:53:24 PM

> "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> >> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
> >> copy of F4:AF???
> >>
> >> Icer
> >
> > I got mine delivered by FedEx today. Unfortunately won't have much time
> > today because the wifey wants to go see War of the Worlds. Can't
complain
> > about that I guess. At least it isn't an evening with the in-laws. ;)
> >

> Just installed it, and it was pretty flawless. Haven't tried to fly yet,
but
> options are pretty standard with existing Falcon.
>
> One thing that irks me, however, is that there is no keycard included. I
can
> understand no 700+ page manual, but a keycard for this kind of thing is
> essential. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due with my shabby paper
one.

Ouch, yeah, that blows. Hopefully they'll start putting one out, ala
Lomac.

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 1:38:37 AM

Anyone know if there will be a demo?

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
> copy of F4:AF???
>
> Icer
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:45:06 AM

You DO know that you can print one out from their site though, right?

>On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:53:23 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>>> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
>>> copy of F4:AF???
>>>
>>> Icer
>>
>> I got mine delivered by FedEx today. Unfortunately won't have much time
>> today because the wifey wants to go see War of the Worlds. Can't complain
>> about that I guess. At least it isn't an evening with the in-laws. ;)
>>

>Just installed it, and it was pretty flawless. Haven't tried to fly yet, but
>options are pretty standard with existing Falcon.
>
>One thing that irks me, however, is that there is no keycard included. I can
>understand no 700+ page manual, but a keycard for this kind of thing is
>essential. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due with my shabby paper one.

June 30, 2005 2:45:07 AM

> You DO know that you can print one out from their site though, right?

Yeah, but boy, it's not very well done/put together at all.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 4:03:58 AM

"JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message

> "G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>> You DO know that you can print one out from their site though, right?
>

> Yeah, but boy, it's not very well done/put together at all.

Exactly, and that's the same one on the CD in HTML format. How dumb. At
least put it in pdf or bmp so you can fit it to proper paper size as needed.
Someone posted it in pdf, and I grabbed it, and I think I will manipulate it
a little bit to fit on an 8.5x14 (legal) sized paper and have kinko's print
it on heavy paper and laminate it. Man I will end up spending more on
printing with Kinkos than on the game itself.

See, if Graphsim were smart, they would offer a "deluxe" version with a nice
key card and bound printed manual for an added cost. I'd pay an extra $25
just for that.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:39:19 AM

Lets hope some clever people out there can obtain a leaked copy of the
keycard source text so that they can develop a 3rd party keycard mod ;-)
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:57:29 PM

G. Patricks wrote:
> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
> copy of F4:AF???
>
> Icer
My local Gamespot store had 3 in stock this morning. I just picked it up.

There was still no sign of it at Wal-Mart.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:23:00 PM

I havent seen any available in the UK yet.

<BRH> wrote in message news:WKSdnYodx4OB-ljfRVn-sA@comcast.com...
> G. Patricks wrote:
>> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
>> copy of F4:AF???
>>
>> Icer
> My local Gamespot store had 3 in stock this morning. I just picked it up.
>
> There was still no sign of it at Wal-Mart.

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 2:54:25 AM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:21:02 -0400, G. Patricks
<GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote:

>Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
>copy of F4:AF???
>
>Icer

Got one at Gamespot today.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:18:10 AM

G. Patricks wrote:
> Just got back from running around Watkins Glen, has anyone got their
> copy of F4:AF???
>
> Icer

Got mine and just got back from a TE in which I shot down 3 fat,
lumbering jets before succumbing to two Mig21s. Maybe one of these days
I'll learn to use my radar, and how to arm my AA weapons.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:21:04 AM

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
> "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
>
>>"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>You DO know that you can print one out from their site though, right?
>>

>> Yeah, but boy, it's not very well done/put together at all.
>>

> Exactly, and that's the same one on the CD in HTML format. How dumb. At
> least put it in pdf or bmp so you can fit it to proper paper size as needed.
> Someone posted it in pdf, and I grabbed it, and I think I will manipulate it
> a little bit to fit on an 8.5x14 (legal) sized paper and have kinko's print
> it on heavy paper and laminate it. Man I will end up spending more on
> printing with Kinkos than on the game itself.
>
> See, if Graphsim were smart, they would offer a "deluxe" version with a nice
> key card and bound printed manual for an added cost. I'd pay an extra $25
> just for that.

LOL - a 740 page manual for 25 bucks? You must be kidding. A local
print shop like $taple$ or Stinkos will rape you $100 just in BW, let
alone color.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 10:46:30 AM

In article <4BKxe.2760$aY6.429@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au says...

> LOL - a 740 page manual for 25 bucks? You must be kidding. A local
> print shop like $taple$ or Stinkos will rape you $100 just in BW, let
> alone color.

The price for an individual with a one-off print is going to be a little
different than a company with a large volume print, I'd think.

MRSisson
--
LOAD "GPL",8

SEARCHING FOR GPL
READY.
RUN
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:07:19 PM

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> One thing that irks me, however, is that there is no keycard included. I
> can understand no 700+ page manual, but a keycard for this kind of thing
> is essential. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due with my shabby paper
> one.

Over the past year, sveral of the new games that I got the keycard was on
the CD as a pdf file. Have you searched thru the dirs on your CD for the
keycard?

BTW For other folks out there, you can get the game for $25 (USD) with
free shipping from Fry's Outpost. Appears to be a pre-order right now.

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4079332?site=sr:SEARCH...
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:10:56 PM

"James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> HockeyTownUSA wrote:
>> "JP" <jp@nicetry.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, but boy, it's not very well done/put together at all.
>>>

>> Exactly, and that's the same one on the CD in HTML format. How dumb. At
>> least put it in pdf or bmp so you can fit it to proper paper size as
>> needed. Someone posted it in pdf, and I grabbed it, and I think I will
>> manipulate it a little bit to fit on an 8.5x14 (legal) sized paper and
>> have kinko's print it on heavy paper and laminate it. Man I will end up
>> spending more on printing with Kinkos than on the game itself.
>>
>> See, if Graphsim were smart, they would offer a "deluxe" version with a
>> nice key card and bound printed manual for an added cost. I'd pay an
>> extra $25 just for that.
>
> LOL - a 740 page manual for 25 bucks? You must be kidding. A local print
> shop like $taple$ or Stinkos will rape you $100 just in BW, let alone
> color.

It was $494 for a color print, believe it or not. But how do you think
Microprose managed to offer the original Falcon with the nice binder for
$50? Volume is everything, my friend. If you printed 100,000 manuals, you
could probably get by with color for as little as 2-3 cents a page, because
mass production wouldn't use color printers, like Kinkos.
!