Corrupted CH Control Manager Install, need advice

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2005 10:22:08 AM

Well, I got Falcon 4.0 Allied Forcea and I'm excited about it but
highly irritated when I quickly discovered that the game only supports
a single controller. So, I'm totally hosed if I want to use my CH
pedals, CH combat stick and Nostromo keypad. I guess I can cope w/ out
the Nostromo but the CH gear is vital.

I was soon told that there's an easy solution, CH Control Manager
software. Cool. I go grab the lastest ver 3.6 and attempt to install.
It bombs in the install process. I then attempt to uninstall it and
that bombed as well. I then discovered that I had an old version
already sitting there (ver 2.6). The software seems to work and
instantly recognizes my CH gear and allows me to use the Wizard Map and
combine them into a single controller. SWEET! I go to Falcon, none of
my controllers are recognized! WTF! Ok, I hit start/control panel/game
controllers .... nothing. Not a damn thing. Nothing is now being
recognized by windows. I attempt to unistall all CH products and
drivers. Driver removal seemed to work but not the CH software.

I reboot and plug in my USB CH gear. Nothing. Seems no matter what I
do, my USB CH stuff isn't being recognized and I have a corrupt install
of CH software sitting my PC that I can't get rid of.

FOr the hell of it, I go grab my old twisty Microsoft stick and it
works like a champ. It gets recognized in windows and Falcon.

My question: What can I do to purge my entire PC of any CH product
software and to get windows to recognized my USB CH gear when I re-plug
them in? Thanks for any tips, advice or help.

yarbles
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 6:06:20 PM

Delete directory, get Karens Power tools "Registry Pruner" install, run it
and get rid of CH entries.
Download CH Control Manager 3.60, install, setup and enjoy!

--
Gene "Dauntless" Flannery
Debbie "Witch Of Endor" Baer

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
-Stuart Wilde-

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
-Bob Dylan-

!