  • Phones
  • MP3
Last response: in Brands
December 29, 2004 3:28:00 AM

I installed version 2,16 and updated v3,19. I tried to open an mp3 file to
edit and use as a ringtone but my pc doesn't seem to recognise mp3 files. I
am connecting via bluetooth . Any suggestions?

More about : mobile phone tools

Anonymous
December 29, 2004 3:55:33 AM

"angelo v" <angelo@casablu.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> I installed version 2,16 and updated v3,19. I tried to open an mp3 file to
> edit and use as a ringtone but my pc doesn't seem to recognise mp3 files.
> am connecting via bluetooth . Any suggestions?

MPT edits mpr files, not mp3 files.
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 3:58:31 AM

But software says mp3 or cda (from cds), so whats an mpr file please?

"Todd Copeland" <todd@copelandhome.net> wrote in message
> "angelo v" <angelo@casablu.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I installed version 2,16 and updated v3,19. I tried to open an mp3 file
> > edit and use as a ringtone but my pc doesn't seem to recognise mp3
files.
> > am connecting via bluetooth . Any suggestions?
>
> MPT edits mpr files, not mp3 files.

December 29, 2004 5:54:41 AM

> But software says mp3 or cda (from cds), so whats an mpr file please?

I stand corrected (I think I clicked on the MMS editing). Per MPT help
files, MPTcan only be used to play sound files. Not edit them.

"The following digital formats are supported: .wav, .mp3 and .amr
Warning!You cannot modify sound files. You can only play them, select an
extract, and transfer them as-is to your mobile phone."

I'm not sure why you cannot load mp3 files from within MPT. When I use the
Melody Studio there is no option to load a file from the phone (PC, CD,etc.)
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 8:15:16 PM

your provieder may have disabeled it in your phone only certain phones
support it. for instance VErizon disables it to force you to buy ringtones
fromthem
> "angelo v" <angelo@casablu.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > But software says mp3 or cda (from cds), so whats an mpr file please?
>
> I stand corrected (I think I clicked on the MMS editing). Per MPT help
> files, MPTcan only be used to play sound files. Not edit them.
>
> "The following digital formats are supported: .wav, .mp3 and .amr
> Warning!You cannot modify sound files. You can only play them, select an
> extract, and transfer them as-is to your mobile phone."
>
> I'm not sure why you cannot load mp3 files from within MPT. When I use the
> Melody Studio there is no option to load a file from the phone (PC,
CD,etc.)

Anonymous
December 31, 2004 1:10:04 PM

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:28:00 +0000, angelo v wrote:

> I installed version 2,16 and updated v3,19. I tried to open an mp3 file to
> edit and use as a ringtone but my pc doesn't seem to recognise mp3 files. I
> am connecting via bluetooth . Any suggestions?

Decompress the .mp3 to .wav (http://www.etree.org/mkw.html)

Edit the .wav (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/)

Compress edited .wav to .mp3, load to phone.

Jim
!