mobile phone tools

I installed version 2,16 and updated v3,19. I tried to open an mp3 file to
edit and use as a ringtone but my pc doesn't seem to recognise mp3 files. I
am connecting via bluetooth . Any suggestions?
5 answers Last reply
More about mobile phone tools

    "angelo v" <angelo@casablu.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I installed version 2,16 and updated v3,19. I tried to open an mp3 file to
    > edit and use as a ringtone but my pc doesn't seem to recognise mp3 files.
    > am connecting via bluetooth . Any suggestions?

    MPT edits mpr files, not mp3 files.

    But software says mp3 or cda (from cds), so whats an mpr file please?

    > But software says mp3 or cda (from cds), so whats an mpr file please?

    I stand corrected (I think I clicked on the MMS editing). Per MPT help
    files, MPTcan only be used to play sound files. Not edit them.

    "The following digital formats are supported: .wav, .mp3 and .amr
    Warning!You cannot modify sound files. You can only play them, select an
    extract, and transfer them as-is to your mobile phone."

    I'm not sure why you cannot load mp3 files from within MPT. When I use the
    Melody Studio there is no option to load a file from the phone (PC, CD,etc.)

    your provieder may have disabeled it in your phone only certain phones
    support it. for instance VErizon disables it to force you to buy ringtones
    fromthem

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:28:00 +0000, angelo v wrote:

    > I installed version 2,16 and updated v3,19. I tried to open an mp3 file to
    > edit and use as a ringtone but my pc doesn't seem to recognise mp3 files. I
    > am connecting via bluetooth . Any suggestions?

    Decompress the .mp3 to .wav (http://www.etree.org/mkw.html)

    Edit the .wav (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/)

    Compress edited .wav to .mp3, load to phone.

    Jim

Motorola Mobile Phones MP3