F4 allied force in the wild as "cough, cough" download

If you want to try F4 Allied force before buying it or simply can't find it
in the store it's in the wild as a "cough, cough" download

I downloaded it and in 6 hours went to the my local fry's and bought the
last copy

No I am not going to tell you where to find it even if do figure out my
e-mail address

If you like it buy it if not erase it. It's only twenty bucks

leadfoot wrote:
> If you want to try F4 Allied force before buying it or simply can't find it
> in the store it's in the wild as a "cough, cough" download
>
> I downloaded it and in 6 hours went to the my local fry's and bought the
> last copy
>
> No I am not going to tell you where to find it even if do figure out my
> e-mail address
>
> If you like it buy it if not erase it. It's only twenty bucks

It's 30 bucks for those of us without a Fry's. I don't know what their
deal is.

$19.99 till the 5th.

"James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote > It's 30 bucks for those
of us without a Fry's. I don't know what their
> deal is.

Gee, that's tempting I ordered mine Thursday from Graphsim and Tuesday seems
a ways away.

"leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> If you want to try F4 Allied force before buying it or simply can't find
> it in the store it's in the wild as a "cough, cough" download
>
> I downloaded it and in 6 hours went to the my local fry's and bought the
> last copy
>
> No I am not going to tell you where to find it even if do figure out my
> e-mail address
>
> If you like it buy it if not erase it. It's only twenty bucks

I know F4AF comes without a printed manual, but a PDF one. What I'm
wondering if I go and get F4AF, can I make due with the original
printed F4 manual? Or are so much changed that you need to read the
F4AF manual and maybe print it out?

Cheers,
Øystein
--
Roy Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships
on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the

""Øystein Tvedten"" <oysteint@ifi.uio.no> wrote in message

> I know F4AF comes without a printed manual, but a PDF one. What I'm
> wondering if I go and get F4AF, can I make due with the original
> printed F4 manual? Or are so much changed that you need to read the
> F4AF manual and maybe print it out?
>
> Cheers,
> Øystein
> --
> Roy Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships
> on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the
> dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time,
> like tears in rain. Time to die.

The printed manual that comes with F4AF is good for the basics, and very
well written IMHO. Concepts are the same from the original Falcon 4 manual,
but the new pdf manual has good training mission info. I printed the whole
thing at Kinko's in black/white for $45. I considered printing it myself,
but for 716+ pages, it would have cost me just as much in paper and ink!!!
Not to mention how long it would take and wear an tear on my poor printer. I
would prefer color, but Kinko's charges $0.89 per page!!! Actually over 500
pages, it would have been $0.69 a page or $494!!! Wow. I could almost buy a
color laser jet for that.

NoOne

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:07:40 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA"
<magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

>The printed manual that comes with F4AF is good for the basics

What printed manual?

<noone@home.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:07:40 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA"
> <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>The printed manual that comes with F4AF is good for the basics
>
> What printed manual?

the Basic Operations Manual that comes with Falcon 4.0 Allied Force.

leadfoot wrote:

> If you want to try F4 Allied force before buying it or simply can't
> find it in the store it's in the wild as a "cough, cough" download

> I downloaded it and in 6 hours went to the my local fry's and bought
> the last copy

> No I am not going to tell you where to find it even if do figure out
> my e-mail address

Then why even mention it here? For every person that does grab the
[illegal] copy *and* buys the game, they'll be 100 others that may
have just bought the game and now just won't bother.

They're *on our side*. A group of people drawn from the F4 modding
community that gives us WHAT WE WANT - ie. no fancy protection - and
what do you do? Publicise that fact that there's an alternative that
will rob them of badly needed resources to carry on doing what we want
them to do.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....

Adamski.

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 02:00:01 +1200, Adamski wrote:

> leadfoot wrote:
>
>> If you want to try F4 Allied force before buying it or simply can't
>> find it in the store it's in the wild as a "cough, cough" download
>
>> I downloaded it and in 6 hours went to the my local fry's and bought
>> the last copy
>
>> No I am not going to tell you where to find it even if do figure out
>> my e-mail address
>
> Then why even mention it here? For every person that does grab the
> [illegal] copy *and* buys the game, they'll be 100 others that may
> have just bought the game and now just won't bother.
>
> They're *on our side*. A group of people drawn from the F4 modding
> community that gives us WHAT WE WANT - ie. no fancy protection - and
> what do you do? Publicise that fact that there's an alternative that
> will rob them of badly needed resources to carry on doing what we want
> them to do.
>
> Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....
>
> Adamski.

Illegal-copy-only people are not very likely to be hardcore simmers. I'd
say we aren't loosing much. I'll have to poach one from the local store
before they run out.. Better yet, perhaps I should wait till they run out
and go place an order. Might send interesting messages if quite a few
people end up doing that :)

NoOne

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 02:00:01 +1200, Adamski <anon@nowhere.com> wrote:

>leadfoot wrote:
>
>> If you want to try F4 Allied force before buying it or simply can't
>> find it in the store it's in the wild as a "cough, cough" download
>
>> I downloaded it and in 6 hours went to the my local fry's and bought
>> the last copy
>
>> No I am not going to tell you where to find it even if do figure out
>> my e-mail address
>
>Then why even mention it here? For every person that does grab the
>[illegal] copy *and* buys the game, they'll be 100 others that may
>have just bought the game and now just won't bother.
>
>They're *on our side*. A group of people drawn from the F4 modding
>community that gives us WHAT WE WANT - ie. no fancy protection - and
>what do you do? Publicise that fact that there's an alternative that
>will rob them of badly needed resources to carry on doing what we want
>them to do.
>
>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....
He also said he bought it . Besides it's really no secret where to
dnload these things.

> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:02:24 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA"
> <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Hell, for $20, if you can afford it, buy two. I did. Actually I might buy
>>another as I guess I will give one to a friend for his birthday. Good to
>>have a spare. I have three copies of the original Falcon 4. One is in the
>>binder still shrink wrapped. Wonder if it will be worth anything more than
>>$20 or $30?
> They should release a gold version with the new manual in a binder
> like the original.

I agree. Even if they only offered it through their website, that'd be fine
with me. I'd pay $60 for a "Special Edition" with a nice bound full manual.

NoOne

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:08:04 -0700, "mbeaver"
<mbeaver14@no.spam.cox.net> wrote:

><noone@home.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:07:40 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA"
>> <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>The printed manual that comes with F4AF is good for the basics
>>
>> What printed manual?
>
>the Basic Operations Manual that comes with Falcon 4.0 Allied Force.
Oh that worthless thing ;)

am

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message

> Ditto here on Silent Hunter III.
> Load time are long enough as it is, but half the time I just try to launch
> the game, the disc whirls up and StarForce does it's disc check thing, and
> comes back not being able to find the required files or something like
> that.
> I really thought I would like that game, too much of a pain in the butt to
> get it to run for me.

Quick question for you here.

Is this (Starforce) really that much of a problem ?

I was going to get this game for a friend of mine in the country that
has no real net access, and he would never play online anyway.

Will it run in stand alone easily ??

Allan

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

AM wrote:
> "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
>

>> Ditto here on Silent Hunter III.
>> Load time are long enough as it is, but half the time I just try to
>> launch the game, the disc whirls up and StarForce does it's disc
>> check thing, and comes back not being able to find the required
>> files or something like that.
>> I really thought I would like that game, too much of a pain in the
>> butt to get it to run for me.
>>

> Quick question for you here.
>
> Is this (Starforce) really that much of a problem ?
>
> I was going to get this game for a friend of mine in the country that
> has no real net access, and he would never play online anyway.
>
> Will it run in stand alone easily ??

> Allan

It's an awesome game, and most I am sure are able to run it without isssue.
For whatever reason, in my dvd burner/drive, it seems pretty sensitive when
it is going through the verifying files stage upon first launching the game.
It will report back an error, don't remember the exact wordingand I have to
take it out, sometimes wiping the dvd down and putting it back in helps..
sometimes have to do it a couple of times, more of a nuisance for me than
anything.
I have the Plextor 712A dvd burner with latest firmware.
I would say odds are you won't have any issue, keep in mind though it comes
on a dvd rather than cd so you will need at least a dvd drive.

--
Don Burnette

Starforce hasnt effected any game Ive run with it. It doesnt even compare
in the slightest to Steam which is a royal pita for the most part. Between
the two Id prefer SF anytime.

How hard is it to take care of a fn cd and take it in/out of a drive for
christs sake? You can add a dvd drive for $15 and dedicate it to that game
if your that OCD.

The nonsense floating around about Starforce is bordering on insanity.

Mitch

> Quick question for you here.
>
> Is this (Starforce) really that much of a problem ?
>
> I was going to get this game for a friend of mine in the country that
> has no real net access, and he would never play online anyway.
>
> Will it run in stand alone easily ??

I've got SH3 and it never asks to connect to the internet or anything. It's
a fantastic game. Ocean effects are unbelievable.

Si

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"AM" wrote

> Quick question for you here.
>
> Is this (Starforce) really that much of a problem ?
>
> I was going to get this game for a friend of mine in the country that
> has no real net access, and he would never play online anyway.
>
> Will it run in stand alone easily ??

I've got a few starforce games and had no problems. I haven't really looked
into it but think it hates copying software and certain CD or DVD drives.
SH3 is more than worth it, I've gotten more hours from it than other games
I've bought lately except FB